Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom - NOW OPEN!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It would be great if the roof was changed to allow Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro to run at the same time.

Wait, the roof moves everytime it's Kingda Ka's turn to launch? Zumanjaro is now (1) a waste of time, and (2) pointless to ride because part of the excitement is having the rollercoaster going while

they did not get rid of it for a drop tower. i know this sounds hardbut wait till 2015

Posted Images

I'm not so sure how I feel about Zumanjaro. Riding a roller coaster at 70 mph is one thing, but dropping straight down at 90 mph is another. I feel fine coming off of El Toro, with a headache at the most. Coming off of rides such as Tower of Terror for example, I feel really sick. I did not like Rolling Thunder that much, but I feel that its spot should be honored more than with just a long path. :shocking:

• 2 weeks later...

Rumors had it that busch orginaly was going to make it out as the tallest in the world, but once SFGA announced ZUmanJARo they had to alter its title.

Except that Dreamworld and SFMM already had ones that were taller (attached to their coasters).

• 3 weeks later...

Wondered that as well. My guess is that maybe its for the lift motor/mechanism that looks like its wrapped up behind the ka fence.
Others are also suggesting/guessing that the ka structure might be getting additional supports in the back.

Edited by jdc12192

That's actually part of the theming. It's the bottom of a punji pit that'll go right underneath where you fall. Goes with the whole tribal "drop of doom" scenerio.

Those are big footings for just theming the base of the footings is about 30'x30'. In the photo the footing looks small because it was back filled. The photos where taken over a few days not all at once.

-Posted on trp

Edited by jdc12192

Punji Pits were used during the Vietnam War would be dug filled with sticks that were rubbed with frogs poison or human feces to cause infections in the wounded enemy. These were called Punji sticks. A soldier stepping into the pit would find it impossible to remove his leg without doing severe damage, and injuries might be incurred by the simple act of falling forward while one's leg is in a narrow, vertical, stake-lined pit. Such pits would require time and care to dig the soldier's leg out, immobilizing the unit longer than if the foot were simply pierced, in which case the victim could be evacuated by stretcher or fireman's carry if necessary. Punji pits were sometimes deployed by Viet Cong in the preparation of an ambush on US soldiers.

In the 1980s, punji sticks were carried by homeless people in NYC. They constructed punji sticks using a piece of wood with a nail driven through the tip. They would often urinate or deficate on it to cause infection on top of injury.

So yeah, not the nicest thing to theme a ride after.