Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom - NOW OPEN!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It would be great if the roof was changed to allow Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro to run at the same time.

Wait, the roof moves everytime it's Kingda Ka's turn to launch? Zumanjaro is now (1) a waste of time, and (2) pointless to ride because part of the excitement is having the rollercoaster going while

they did not get rid of it for a drop tower. i know this sounds hardbut wait till 2015

Posted Images

I want to see the path that goes to the ride. I think the construction of the ride itself is simple and straight forward. The biggest change will be the path and the new area.

All this deep snow and 20 degree below normal temps are probably going to slow down constuction. With temps forecasted to remain sub-freezing for the next two weeks, the deep snow won't be melting very fast.

Hopefully there will be a single rider line (that starts at the beginning of the queue not like at Green Lantern) to shorten the wait time.

Edited by Yoshi

I'm glad too see Nitro represented on the cover even if the color is wrong (at first I thought they used Golitah at La Ronde for the picture).

Also, I'm probably looking into it too much but it would be nice if the Antique Cars on the cover really meant the park was getting them, even though I am guessing it is being used to represent the car ride in Safari Kids.

1654217_10151936514533513_2111969587_n.j

Six Flags posted this on their facebook page with the caption: "Some support guide wires are beginning to show up on the face of Kingda Ka! Just another step closer to Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom, the world's tallest drop ride!

Edited by SFGadv123

With Zumanjaro and more attention being added to Ka's tower, anyone think the tower will finally get spot lights? I dont know which would be more thrilling, dropping 90 mph into lights or in pitch black darkness.

They did add some lights last year but they may need brighter ones!

2013_06_15_IMG_3590%20copy.jpg

Update photos!! All photo credit goes to medusa99 over at TPR

thumb_received_m_mid_1391558323893_6a9b3

Anyone know how high up the station will be from the ground? Wondering if it will be around the 2nd catwalk height as you can see this guide wires that the Great Adventure Fb page posted the other day only go down to that level.

why do they need to put those extra support collumns on ka? it looks great tho!

There will be a lot of additional weight on the tower, especially on the top. Not to mention the forces of the moving cars and cables under stress. The new supports will help to offset some of these forces.

gallery_2_25_804953.png