GAcoaster

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom - NOW OPEN!

jdc12192 if you are talking about the guides for the cables (the thing with the wheels on each side in the pic below, then it actually is teal.

Screen+shot+2014-02-18+at+1.42.49+PM.png

^ Ok yeah, those were probably the additional support looking things that is aw but there are 3 yellow parts attached to the face of ka and one in the back of the tower, couldn't see well enough to actually see what it was though.

edit- Looked almost like the yellow things in this photo, but had 3 across and one in the back where the cables would go down.

1901255_10151987570058513_654562571_n.jp

Edited by jdc12192

jdc12192 was right - he was seeing yellow. Those are the platforms for the workers to stand in while attaching the other parts of the ride. Here are some photos from Prospertown today.

gallery_2_35_363818.jpg

gallery_2_35_115847.jpg

gallery_2_35_9040.jpg

^It's reassuring to see some visible progress in that complex pulley-like system and all the wires, now that the supports are complete or close to it, hopefully construction will be speedy the rest of the way through. Thanks for the update!

Ah ok so i wasn't going crazy haha. Wasn't sure what it was or if the drop box things would be attached already. Yay for the mystery being solved.

The clear it's of those pics is awesome. Hope those guys get paid well ( I know they probably do). That's high as f*** to be hanging in a basket

As cool as it would be to go to close to the top of Kingda Ka, that has got to be really scary even with a safety harness. Great pictures.

^Especially when the only thing supporting you is wires! I can't wait to see that view atop Zumanjaro, though. Something there really isn't time for on Kingda Ka.

^Especially when the only thing supporting you is wires! I can't wait to see that view atop Zumanjaro, though. Something there really isn't time for on Kingda Ka.

That is what makes me so anxious about zumanjaro. I have watched POV's in the past and paused while the train was at the top and can't help but think my god they are going to have you sitting up that high for a few seconds that will probably see like an eternity!

From the looks of it the center "track" is going to be off center and closer to the down side of KA. Seems they also have the brakets for each of the tracks welded to KA. You can see them right under that first cat walk

i looks like on themeparkreview port adventura is getting i mini kingda ka and a mini zumanjaro for 2016. why do i say mini? because they have announced it only be the tallest and fastest in EUROPE. (if you dont know we dont live in europe.) so i dont think anyone has to worry of zumanjaro having its record broken. http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1424146#p1424146

Yep that looks interesting- I'd like to visit a Ferrari theme park! It's always cool to see a park expand like that, especially with such a unique theme as this.

i think the pullie system was manufactured locally, i saw a truck driving down 195 about 3 weeks ago with one of them on the back, it was a flat bed tow truck

Definitly going up fast. I guess the bad weather hasn't stopped them, unless the storm on Sunday night actually gets us.

Yes i don't think the track will take long to go up. Not sure when this was taken, but i will be at the park saturday and will try to take note of any more added track.

Yes I like the audio on AtmosFEAR a lot, it adds more to a typical boardwalk drop tower. Hopefully there will be audio, maybe some sort of tribal leader sentencing you to your doom (the drop)? It's sort of cheesy but it's a thought.

Just read a reply on Facebook from the park that says-

"Zumanjaro is slated to open Memorial Day weekend. Due to the construction zone and the proximity of the rides, Kingda Ka will be closed until Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom opens to the public."

I was hoping it would be slightly earlier but I wasn't expecting it to be open until then.

^Ditto…i thought at least it would open once major construction was done or was testing. I wonder if that means they will just have the Ka area blocked off after the bathrooms.