GAcoaster

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom - NOW OPEN!

^Ditto…i thought at least it would open once major construction was done or was testing. I wonder if that means they will just have the Ka area blocked off after the bathrooms.

There is nothing else down that way so I'm sure they will so people don't walk down there and discover there is nothing there.

I think I finally have an idea how guests will get from Golden Kingom to Zumanjaro. There was a huge gap with a gate blocking the Golden Kingdom path from Rolling Thunder. It's across from Ka's bathroom near the smoking area. This is where I think the entrance will be based on the little info that says it will be before Ka's entrance to the right. By having the entrance here it is in plain sight of guest walking toward Kingda Ka and right along the path. Now the actual path to Zumanjaro will follow Rolling Thunder's bunny hills all the way down to the bottom of RT first drop, justifying its removal. By doing this no trees will be removed which seems to be Gadv's main focus when constructing things and new amazing views of El Toro will be now be visible. There's still quite a ways to the base of the tower but once riders turn left from the cross section of RT it's a straight shot to the actual ride. This is just my guess but it makes a lot of sense considering past construction projects where Gadv removed little to no trees. Also if you want to look a little closer, Great Adventure posted a picture of RT demolition from the exact spot where I think the entrance will be facing in my proposed queues direction. If this is the case, this queue will need a lot of Bizarro like signs or Six Flags TV's to entertain this long walk.

Drove by earlier today and looked like the track is now up to the next crossbeam on Ka. Couldn't tell though if it was all 3 tracks, 2 or one as it was too far away to tell.

Why on earth are they comparing it to a T Rex lmao.

Also I thought of this the other day in regards to One World Trade center. The spike on the up of the building is 415 tall (give or take). If you think about it You just basically take the height of the drop tower and place it on top of the building and its the same thing. I live close NYC so I always see the building and thought it was interesting. Looking at the hight of the building then adding the spike on top and know the drop on the ride is basically like dropping the height of the spike

Because a T-Rex is big and scary and look how much bigger and scarier Zumanjaro will be! :P

I sure hope a drop tower is taller than a T-Rex. That's what Frog Hoppers are for. :shifty:

LOL out of all the things they could have picked thats what they pick.. They shouldnt compare to other soasters in the park and things like that.

Wow that is starting to look good- and to think that's less than half the drop height... this is going to be awesome to ride!

Those drop shafts are already taller than the park's old FreeFall ride!

Now to only hope ZDOD packs the amount of 'butterflies in your stomach' as FreeFall did! Thats what i love about drop rides.

I'd think it would. Intamin's newer drop towers are my favorites. I got to ride a newer Intamin drop ride in Drop Tower at Kings Island (Intamin gyro drop) and it gives plenty of "butterflies", much better than an S&S tower. Not to mention the wind the ride vehicle creates when it slows down near the ground, it's awesome!

Edited by RC98

Does anyone think they might relocate the entrance to Ka also?I ahve not seen that brought up. They could move it further down to make it seem like the entrace to the drop tower isnt the only thing that far back there

I really hope Gadv considers building an observation area for these two. Ka already attracts a lot of attention but with cars dropping at 90 mph down the face of the tower I can imagine the crowd being significantly bigger at the entrance.

Two things stick out to me, tell me if you feel differently:

1- it LOOKS (it's a map, not necessarily accurate) like Zumanjaro's entrance is directly next to Ka's. I wonder how accurate that will be.

2- what is that building the queue goes through? It seems like the station building, but is rather far from the base of the tower. It also splits into two paths afterwards. Could this be for FP?

Edit: oops! Looks like that path may just be the exit.

Edited by Password121

^

1-fairly accurate.…..

2-Could be a station building just placed farther away for viewing purposes,indoor/covered queue, or lockers.

Edited by jdc12192