GAcoaster

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom - NOW OPEN!

Are coaster club enthusiasts being invited to media day?

Most likely not. Majority of media events are strictly for media. For it being a record breaking ride,lots of media will probably be there which takes spots for normal folks.

Jonlee- Keep an eye out, info will be out soon.

That point of view video is crazy! It takes so long to fall! I try to check this page everyday for more info. I wonder if there will be an official announcement to season pass holders. It would be nice if it was just for gold passes like the early entry.

With this not being a new Coaster, no ACE'er's or any other Coaster group should be coming to the Media Event.

ACE will probably be there. They were there for the Adventure Alley Media Day.

I saw a commercial for Zumanjaro tonight. It was different than the one above. This one focused on the ride and its stats. No date was advertised - just coming soon. Stay tuned. ;)

^ Imagine riding Zumanjaro and being in the fog at the top, and you would be sitting there 415 ft in the air waiting to drop with just fog around you, unable to see the ground or anything else in the park. It would be awesome!

Yeah that would be a lot of fun to ride Kingda Ka or Zumanjaro with all that fog.

^Its honestly the best experience on a coaster ever. It literally feels like you're in a cloud.i remember there being no sound at all. Zumanjaro would be even better in heavy fog.

Well I guess i'm going to miss it. Going to Gadv on Sunday for fathers day and then going to Virginia for vacation til June 29th.

ACE is signing people up for a Zumanjaro commercial shoot on June 25th. The opening is getting closer!

I'll be at the park on the 28th/29th for the first time since opening day. Do you think there's any way I can expect it to be open to the general public, or at least a season pass preview?

I'll be at the park on the 28th/29th for the first time since opening day. Do you think there's any way I can expect it to be open to the general public, or at least a season pass preview?

I would think you are good! I would imagine it will open to the public that weekend.

Hopefully more attention that weekend on Zumanjaro and Kingda Ka means shorter lines on Nitro and El Toro!

Thanks, 29yrs. My plan is to go at opening Saturday until around noon when the crowds come and grab some rides on Zumanjaro/Ka (which I haven't ridden since August), then ride most everything else on Sunday, the 29th.

I'm curious how it will compare to the Intamin gyro drops. I'm sure it will blow away SFA's micro drop tower!

^ I rode Drop Tower at KI (300+ foot gyro drop) so if Zumanjaro is anything like that it will be amazing. It will certainly be an adrenaline rush!

That's one of my problems with Great Adventure, they act like ACE is the only coaster club out there. They let them into all the special events.