• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   10/07/2017

Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

Avatar to Come to Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom

The flight of passage ride looks pretty sweet! Anyone know if it's basically Soarin turned Avatar? The videos being posted look like it's pretty awesome park. Can't wait to get down there.

I haven't done it yet, but by all accounts it is amazing. It's Soarin' but with a bigger, better screens and projection/resolution, more movement and more effects. I won't wait on line for 4+ hours to ride it (NO ride is worth that wait). It's not for everyone though. The ride has a "drop" that has freaked some people out and the seating can't accommodate larger guests.

The boat ride on the other hand I'm hearing is too short and while the animatronic is impressive, it is the ONLY animatronic in the whole Avatar land, which is supposedly very small.

A billion dollars doesn't buy much these days...

I'll post a trip report soon (I got back home today). I only rode the River Journey and screens are being used for other characters from the movie other than the Shaman. I wasn't sure I wanted to try Flight of Passage since simulator rides give me a headache and make me dizzy. I also wasn't willing to wait 4 hours in almost 100 degree humid weather even if I had wanted to try it.

Even the River Journey was a posted 2 1/2 hour wait and the queue was full with the line almost to the entrance to the land. With FP+ it was only a few minutes and think it's worth a 20 - 30 minute wait at the most.

I didn't go into the store since I wasn't planning on getting anything and it had a line just to get in. I saw a lot of people walking around the park with the Banshee boxes.

From what I have see from online, the boat ride doesn't look like much. They should have made a ride with those mech suits somehow.

Caught part of Avatar again while flipping through channels the other day.  Still not impressed.  Definitely didn't feel that I had to rush out to the Animal Kingdom to live the movie.

Seriously, who - aside from James Cameron - asked for this?  This is a sh*t-ton of money to be dumping into a movie tie-in to a movie most people forgot within a year of it's record-run.  Anyone want to set an over-under on the retheme on it?  3 years?  5?  Before Cameron manages to push out a sequel no one asked for?

Apparently it has not lived up to expectations with the attendance bump they wanted. I have heard AK attendance was up about 14% this summer, but EPCOT and DHS are both down by a lot.