• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

The Original Great Adventure General Store

Yoshi    95

I didn't know dress code requirements were that strict back then like having to be clean shaven and only certain shoe styles were approved. It looks like the store was probably really helpful for the employees especially with low prices.

^I was suppose to work in food service in '84 and one of the requirements was that you had to have sneakers which were totally blue. I had blue Nike running sneakers at the time but couldn't wear them because they had a white swoosh on them. I thought it was odd that we had to wear blue sneakers when the uniforms were brown... white would have been a better match.

Could that be one of the first height check signs on the wall in the picture below? It looks like it may say "You must be as high as my paw to ride this ride."

Proof_008_10_1977%20copy.jpg

GAcoaster    78

They were REALLY strict about wardrobe stuff years ago. You had to have sneakers that were ALL white, and Reebok was a sponsor at the time and you could get a pair at GAGS for $20 when they were like $45 in other stores so it was a good deal.

I remember stories of guys getting in trouble for not being clean shaven. Supervisors would take cotton balls and rub them on their faces to check for stubble. They sold a LOT of razors back then!