gafreak

Fright Fest 2014

I cannot stand when people bring their kids into the trails!!! As soon as they enter they start yelling at you "I have a baby/kid don't scare us don't scare us" etc. Sorry you PAID to come through here and having a child with you isn't a free ticket out. I hope I give the kid nightmares so the parents can learn a lesson.

• Like 1

Quick question: last time I was at a full FF had to be around 1998 or 1999. We were there the last day last year, but as I have little ones we left around 5.

When did it start having the extra cost to do things during FF? I remember the hayride behind Skull Mountain being included in admission way back when.

Edited by hollyferry

Quick question: last time I was at a full FF had to be around 1998 or 1999. We were there the last day last year, but as I have little ones we left around 5.

When did it start having the extra cost to do things during FF? I remember the hayride behind Skull Mountain being included in admission way back when.

i think corporate made all parks start charging for fright fest haunted houses

A parent does need to know their kids. My youngest doesn't flinch when the ghouls come to her but my older daughter goes wide around them watching out of the corner of her eye. The older daughter wants to be there to hit as many rides as she can, the younger one loves to be in the mix with the ghouls. I agree that it is ridiculous for a parent to drag their child who is scared into the terror trails or telling the ghouls to stay away from their child. The event is called "Fright Fest" not "Halloween Cuteness Wonderland Dress up Party".

My little girl loves Fright Fest, ghouls and zombies but im not going to let her watch the Walking Dead or World War Z. Maybe the 40's version of Night of the Living Dead.(kidding)

Neither of my girls are awake with nightmares after a trip to Fright Fest but I know that is something that would happen to some kids. Know your kids and heed the warnings of the park.

I think there should be no apologies as a result of "my child was afraid" complaints, its a pay and enter at your own risk event.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the cast of ghouls is directed to stay away from the very young or at least to take it easy on them. My youngest kind of invites them to approach her. She is still young enough that she puts ghoul make up on herself and the park security doesn't stop her at the gate. Our experience has been the cast enjoys it and gives her a high five, when she doesn't flinch at their scare attempt.

An age limit isn't the perfect answer as it would probably prohibit my youngest from enjoying her favorite time to be at Great Adventure.

But then you have the teenagers (and adults) that have no respect for the "Ghoul Characters" and behave worse than the young children!

^Oh yes, I have seen teenagers and adults heckle and harass ghouls. I also seen ghouls purposely start stampedes of guests in the midways which is the worst. I have seen groups of adults overreact, spaz out and run away from the ghouls while shoving other guests out of their way if not run right into other guests, knocking them down. Dorney's Haunt at least doesn't have stampedes of people in the midways like FF does. The ghouls should know better than to start guest stampedes really. Sadly Halloween events draw rowdy crowds anymore that have poor impluse control.

I was in line for total darkness with my friends and I saw a mother bring her probably 3 year old child on.... the kid was crying and she was laughing. Like cmon parents.

I understand SF is a theme park that starts off family-friendly during the day, but it really confuses me when I see parents bring their younger children to local Halloween attractions/haunted hayrides that are definitely scarier than FF like (im from Burlington county so I don't expect everyone to know all of these) Corner of Chaos, Shady Brook Farms, even Pennhurst Asylum, and then they are so surprised that their kids are crying or too scared to do anything.... Come on now. Did you even explain to your kids where you were going? Do they even know where they're at? lol

I was in line for total darkness with my friends and I saw a mother bring her probably 3 year old child on.... the kid was crying and she was laughing. Like cmon parents.

I saw that too

Brought my kids today. They wanted to go on the trick or treat trail. No actual getting the candy...the kids were handed a huge bag of candy. Stuffed to the top!

My kids are in heaven with all the candy lol

And it's really not crowded it at all.

^ That is great that they make the trick or treat trail worth while for the kids.

Just a reminder, starting this weekend Fright Fest will be open on Fridays now as well as Saturdays and Sundays. (Columbus Day Monday too.)

FF started out ok last night but it sure got crowded fast. I never saw so many cars lined before opening on the first Friday FF before. Turned into a real mess with so many dropped preteens just running around spazzing out everywhere, I was ran into 3 different times. Saw gangs of them going around bothering other guests. Overall FF is just getting too crowded and something should be done about limiting the number of unsupervised preteens just being dumped off at the park like it was some sort of daycare, or in this case "nightcare".

The only way to limit the number of people in the park is to raise their prices for season passes and tickets and start limiting sales.

The only way to limit the number of people in the park is to raise their prices for season passes and tickets and start limiting sales.

What should be done is after 5:00 during FF, no kids without an adult to supervise them.

What should be done is after 5:00 during FF, no kids without an adult to supervise them.

I think that the idea to ban kids without an adult is not a good one at all. Not all teenagers are poorly behaved, so why punish them by not letting them come in the park without their parents. Also, most parents don't like the Fright Fest attractions. I usually go with my dad, but he only likes the coasters and not the Fright Fest stuff. While I might consider staying later for Fright Fest if I was with a friend and he wasn't there, I would not be able to if my dad had to be there because he doesn't like the Halloween stuff. For kids that are badly behaved, security just needs to stop picking up garbage and spend more time keeping the rowdy crowds in line. Why can't they just kick out the bad ones and let the good ones stay in the park and have a good time. Also, the rule in your idea is incredibly easy to circumvent. The same kids can just come in at 4:30 and stay later than 5 and the park can't do anything about it because security can't force them to be supervised at all times.

I went last night for Fright Fest... It was not that great. Here's basically my ranking of the trails (best at the top):

1. Wasteland - Did it get shorter?

2. Voodoo Island

3. Asylum - the whole ending of the maze was a straight fence with no effects and no one was there, no chainsaw guy, no incredible ending. Also there were maybe four ghouls like Crop Circles, but opposed to them, they got me each time.

4. Crop Circles - only counted four ghouls, the theming and lighting were incredible but the ghouls either stood there or were not doing their job (two of the actors were just talking out of character to each other as we passed through). Last years preview was much better, even though it was shorter and free, also they did a good job years ago with the little maze section in Wasteland (before it was called that) and had people blending into the corn.

(I skipped out on Manor, cause last year it was awful... and I'm a little frightened to do Total Darkness, I like to see what is trying to scare me)

The ghouls roaming the park did a better job scaring me and others than those in mazes. The ghouls outside should be a sneak preview, not the star attraction, but let me say those in Bone Butcher Territory did an incredible job.

Just a question, I know you have the orange wristbands for one night terror trails, and green wristbands for one night front of the line terror trails, but what about the season pass ones that are for all of fright fest... they can't expect someone to wear a wristband all month?

Manor is actually very well done this year. Well, when there are scare actors. I normally don't get frightened, but Manor actually got me a few times.

They close at 11:00 this upcoming Sunday night.