Gillian's FunLand in Sea Isle City Closing

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/business/sea-isle-amusement-park-closes-for-good/article_51f0c614-8adf-54b4-ab62-38b3f21882fb.html

It's always sad to see a park close especially when they said one of the reasons was Hurricane Sandy.

I also noticed the article said they had trouble attracting families with older children. When the park first opened I remember the owner stating they didn't want the park to bring in older kids and teens so they purposely left out thrill rides. Maybe they should have tried to have a few major rides in the park to help balance out the ride selection. I know space was very limited there and something that didn't take up a lot of space like a S&S Double Shot might have worked well.

That is too bad. I never went there but found this photo online from an old article . I really don't have much luck getting into Gillian parks. Every time I go to Ocean City NJ that park is always closed for the day or opening later at night. I try to stop there on my way to Wildwood.

097a4142-f8b6-11de-94f9-001cc4c03286.ima

The park in Ocean City does have some strange hours (same with Playland's Castaway Cove). I usually go to Ocean City a couple times a year when I am going to Atlantic City and even in early June, they didn't open until 6:00 and then other times like after Labor Day when school is in session they are open in the middle of the week at night in early September.