owtoty

Opening Day 2014

Hi, I'm planning on going to GA's opening day this year, but I've never been to opening day. Considering it opens on a Saturday, do you guys think it will be crowded? Also, will Kingda Ka be open or will they be testing Zumanjaro? Thanks!

Im thinking crowds will be minimal and should cause no problems for you at all. Ka will not be open (until Zumanjaro opens) and Zumanjaro will most likely not testing since they still have to run the cables and electrical.

Since this was brought up, should crowds be about the same the day after (Sunday)? How about Monday? I'm thinking of going either Sunday or Monday, if not both. Thanks.

I have gone opening day for a long time and it usually isn't that bad. Usually opening day is before spring break, so Sunday and Monday might be a little bit crowded, but nothing compared to the summer.

Since this was brought up, should crowds be about the same the day after (Sunday)? How about Monday? I'm thinking of going either Sunday or Monday, if not both. Thanks.

More crowded then opening day but nothing unbearable or drastic.

Sunday of opening weekend is usually not crowded. I have gone Sunday of opening weekend in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2013 and it's been walk ons almost the entire day.

Edited by Yoshi

Sunday of opening weekend is usually not crowded. I have gone Sunday of opening weekend in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2013 and it's been walk ons almost the entire day.

Is Saturday better or the same?

I'm going on both days. I was going to go on saturday with my cousin, but thats opening day for his baseball team. I have to go with him on sunday, but i cant wait one more day so i'm going on both and taking off that monday. Everytime i have gone on opening day, it hasn't been busy. In the morning, i rode NITRO 5 times in a row. If nobody is in line in your row, you can stay on. i wonder why it's never crazy busy? Weather? Maybe not many people realize its open? Either way, i think spring is the best time to go if you want to avoid crowds.

I'd go right away but maybe if you ride El Toro, you could go to the processing center near the Boardwalk Arcade rather than the one near Superman. On closing weekend last year I wanted to get some rides in before processing my pass and the lines got much longer as the night went on. I ended up waiting around 40 minutes then. Opening weekend is usually worse for processing passes, by the middle of the day it can easily be an hour or longer.

Is Saturday better or the same?

I have never been on a Saturday opening day before but from pictures I have seen from past years it looks like it is a little more crowded.

Edited by Yoshi

We wanted to go Sunday but my wife is working so we will be going Saturday. !st time that

we have gone to Gadv on a Satuday in a long time. We still have to get our SP and process them also.

Hopefully it wont be too bad.