• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

29yrswithaGApass

It Came From the World's Fair - NEW SPOTLIGHT!

This is a really cool spotlight! I never have heard of the music express being from there before, if it is true, it sat in storage for a long time before.

Moon. How do you know that it did? Harry states in the spotlight that it has never been confirmed.

But if that's is true it makes me even more angry that it and the rest of old county sits decaying.....

Fantastic Spotlight! I know the Skyride came form the 64-64 NY World's Fair but did not know it was held up in customs in up state NY. Which leads me to a theroy- Worlds Fairs were happening like every 2 years in the 60s and early 70s. Could it that our Skyride was on its way to Expo 67 in Canada? Seeing how both fairs were only 1 year apart, and it might have been used to carry guests to La Ronda, the amusment section of Expo 67? Just a thought.

^ Maybe! Sure is possible.

Warner's original plans for Great Adventure included numerous skyrides. Maybe he had planned to purchase both Freedomlands and the NYWF's skyrides in their entirety to use in the park as seperate attractions.

^ Maybe! Sure is possible.

Warner's original plans for Great Adventure included numerous skyrides. Maybe he had planned to purchase both Freedomlands and the NYWF's skyrides in their entirety to use in the park as seperate attractions.

Didn't Warner intend to have his multiple parks connect with each other via various skyrides/monorails/paddleboats?I think it was shown in his original design.....

A new documentary about the 1964/65 NY World's Fair will be available soon. It will be entitled "After the Fair" and mentions the Sky Ride's relocation to Great Adventure. You can catch the first few minutes of the film below.

If you would like to pre-order a copy of the DVD, you can click the cover below.

DVD_ATF_P_6x4.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVER