Two Riders Injured on Stinger at Dorney Park

http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional-lehighvalley/two-injured-on-dorney-parks-stinger-coaster/25822034

This is just another incident to add to another long list of problems the ride has had. Multiple times in 2012 and 2013 it got stuck with riders on the lift sometimes for over an hour and also valleyed a few times. It's a shame the ride has had so many problems at Dorney and when it was at California's Great America.

That is a shame since that type of coaster is fun when it is running right. SFA got rid of their Two-Face coaster for a reason.

^ You're right, I found Stinger to be underrated fun the one time I rode it, of course it actually worked that time. With all these problems it's had I will probably think twice before riding it again. I just hope that the two people injured are ok.

I stay away from the "boomerang" style coasters. I always wanted to go on twoface at Six Flags America but it was always closed. King's island has one i think, but these rides always have long lines due to the small capacity. The one at Hershey and wildwood always gives me a bad headache. Parks purchase these types of coasters because of the small footprint, cheap purchasing cost and it adds to the coaster count of the park.

Guest Moonracker7

I'm going to Dorney in late June and thinking this will only be the major incident with the ride this season, I'll take my chances. This would both be my shuttle and inverting coaster, Just need Ka for height and speed.

• 2 weeks later...

Screamscape posted the ride could be closed most of the season or the entire season. Whatever happened it must have been major for it to be closed for that long.

• 3 months later...