29yrswithaGApass

New for 2015 at Great Adventure - El Diablo (formerly Looping Dragon)

The cardboard looking flames are brutal looking. I hope they still add the fire like they were suppose to add with the fire breathing dragons when the ride was called looping dragon. The ride looks totally out of place where they installed it. And yesterday, many guests when they were testing it, laughed it off and said if they wanted to ride it, they would go to the local carnival.

Did you think they were ever going to add real flames around the ride/track? It was never stated they were getting fire breathing dragons, it was just talk of 'it would be cool if...'. At this point its damned if they do, damned if they don't because then people would complain they could've added stuff, and when they do, its not good enough.

Plus you don't know what else may or may not be coming....but I think what is will look cool.

And yesterday, many guests when they were testing it, laughed it off and said if they wanted to ride it, they would go to the local carnival.

And if it was open I'll bet they would have jumped in line.

• Like 1

The lights on the ride definitely look cool. Can't wait to see it at night.

Yay for flames! Fingers still crossed for that fire breathing Devil statue.

So we still have a month and a half until Memorial Day. Should be plenty of time to "hopefully" work on the que line and add some shrubbery, some sort of carnivale decor, something visually pleasing while waiting for El Diablo so I'm not just standing there watching every ride circuit go by. Makes me impatient already.

We shall see

They will be using Rolling Thunder's old queue so don't expect anything too exciting other than a rectangle of queue bars. But I hear there may be something that is an eyecatcher!

It would spoil the fun if you knew :P I have to agree with Harry though, Im excited to see how 'something' ends up looking.

Is it going to be a statue of the Diablo? Because that would be cool and certainly eye-catching.

Is it going to be a statue of the Diablo? Because that would be cool and certainly eye-catching.

That's what I've been saying. Kinda similar to the Devils Flight from Final Destination 3

Finally saw ED up close last night. Wasn't expecting it to look big but when you are up close next to it, it seems pretty large.

• Like 1

Since it is in front of El Toro and Kingda Ka you can see it from a lot of places in the park, even the parking lot.

Larson's website says 500 to 600 per hour for the 20 seat version, so I guess it is 600 to 720 for the 24 seat version but that still sounds high. Even if they have 20 cycles an hour that is only 480 riders an hour with no empty seats.

For everyone that is calling this El Diablo a carnival ride, Plaza del CARNIVAL is the perfect location for the ride lol. I think another family friendly carnival type flat ride would really round that section out imo.

For everyone that is calling this El Diablo a carnival ride, Plaza del CARNIVAL is the perfect location for the ride lol. I think another family friendly carnival type flat ride would really round that section out imo.

I feel dumb for not making that connection hahaha.

I just thought about it now myself so don't feel dumb! The section is after all supposed to be themed to a Spanish carnival lol.

^^^ I thought of that before. It fits well in the section its in. I don't have a problem with them getting that ride. It will be a good addition to our ride lineup. I have a problem with the park thinking that it is a roller coaster.

Yes totally agree with you Chiller. We all know that its a thrill ride, but the gp don't know any difference which is where their marketing department takes advantage of.

^Actually, the GP does notice for the most part, and they've been rather loud about it. It seems we enthusiasts have accepted it sooner than the GP!

They might poo-poo on it and say that they've seen one at the local fair, but they'll still ride it in the end. Funny thing is that many of the flatrides at the park are also rides that one would find at a fair.

Edited by cygnus12