29yrswithaGApass

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

If they are putting a ride there I think it definitely is going to be a clone of batman at SFFT. It would fit perfectly in that spot. a clone of superman at SFDK is possible but is much smaller than the land that they are clearing for it, and six flags hasn't used premier rides since full throttle two years ago.

I'm starting to lean on no coaster this year in that area at all. And the only part of a Coaster anywhere on that side of the lake i would want, would be a Station in Aqua Stadium's spot, with a steep lift going back the Mansion driveway. For all that space that will be opened up now, it's more than just a ride that need's to be there, this will be a whole new area of the Park. I don't see them blocking the view's that will be opened up, and we still need it for fireworks. And yes, it is costing a fortune to remove them, especially the Pool and Stadium. I'm leaning on a "Justice League" now, and a "new" Lakefront with a "Cove" like area, with another new Bar/Resteraunt along the water. Then in 2017 we get a monster going back the Mansion Driveway with a station close to "Blackbeard's" in the new area, or even in the "Old Country". But we need a new "big" Coaster, not something with more limited capacity. I'd rather them spend and fix all this "infastructure" stuff first, then 2017 spend alot on 1 big thing.

And i want to add that with how "permanent" they made the temporary Fence going thru the "Old Country", but just the fact that they spent the $$$ to put one in, tells me that they realize the importance of having that section back, but it's not this year. And they won't leave a part of the Park looking like that for long. That's why this year will be all "Lakefront", and next year all "Old Country". But either way, right after the Firework's that whole back Part of the park will be closed off. That's why they did all the Surveying now (this week will be the last prep work that can done now) full time Park operation's start this Thurs. Nothing will happen for a month or so besides some eqipment start to show up behind the Stadium and the road that runs along that back stretch of the Park all the way out behind Skull Mountain and beyond. But my guess is Sunday July 5th will be last day to walk thru the "Lakefront" as it's been for 40+yrs. Monday, July 6th, a fence will go up. That's the only reason they would have done all the marking's and other work so soon.

Edited by Railer

I definitley know that we will be getting something bigger will come in 2016 because they said that at Winter Adventure and Kristin told me that they are trying to go bigger next year. Also, I wouldnt mind a JL Dark Ride at all, but then there is the selfish people that will say ( Its been 11 years, do something). People dont even count GL or Dark Knight. All we have to do is wait, 2016 or 2017 will be our year, i can feel it.

Apparently, the space from the whole grandstand to the stadium is 800+Ft, while B:TR is only 280ft. So, while that is still what I'd bet my money on, it is a big enough land to fit something larger, especially if it crosses over the peninsula or behind Skull Mountain.

If you recall, it was the Shapiro era that started turning the park in to a mall with excessive advertising, temporary carts and promotional stands every 100 feet, chain-like concessions including Johnny Rockets, Papa Johns and Cold Stone, ugly billboards like the Geico water tower ad, etc. Not to mention that this was all done at the expense of any substantial additions and the removal of so many of the park's most liked family rides.

It's true that he brought that to its apex, but it's the Premier folks who started it. Either way, I see you on the point that he hurt theming overall with those tie-ins, but I was just saying that, independent of that, he spent some money and effort on building true themed attractions, even though they failed. I give credit to the current management team for making a cool-looking B:TR queue at SFFT, at least. Their aspirations were clearly more modest, for better or worse.

I don't understand all the hype about B:TR at SFFT. I mean the theming looks cool and all but it looks too short. Idk I have never ridden a 4D coaster so. But I would rather have what Railer said fix things up this year and next year and in 2017 we get a BIG coaster

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46317&hilit=sfft&start=4990

They're in this report. There are some more around the internet if you look. It's definitely cool looking, but is very light on storytelling (and also the signs and sets are way too close to the queue path and will be defaced (and obviously not maintained/restored) in no time).

• Like 1

After seeing a full POV of Justice League: Battle For Metropolis, I would love to see a dark ride in the old 4D theatre themed to some superhero. This could possibly be a tie in with the new DC movies. There are already Superman and Green Lantern in that area so it would only add to the superhero theme of the area.

Been a slightly active user for a while now. After reading through this year's comments on this thread, I am just as sad as the rest of you to see the Lakefront die out, but I think it's time to move on. I'm personally glad to see Fort Independence go, as it has rotted for quite some time now, and the Grandstand and its lake shows are a thing of the past.

Regarding a new attraction for 2016...I've been thinking, and of course, like most thoughts here, it involves The Chiller's station. However, I don't think it'll be a wing coaster, RMC, etc. Batman vs. Superman comes to theaters next year. Now that Rolling Thunder is gone, I think that we may see a new dueling coaster themed off of Batman vs. Superman. They obviously have the correct station for it, and I've seen the people going in and out of the place more than ever. I've also overheard vague conversations about the Stunt Arena being reopened.

One last remark: I'd LOVE to see Autobahn reopen, being a true free for all, unlike Fender Benders' track layout, and I don't see why it wouldn't, as it's the only thing left standing over there (unless I'm forgetting something) with the removal of the Musik Express.

Here's POV of Justice League: Battle for Metropolis (Six Flags Over Texas) video:

That would great idea to put JL dark ride at Great Adventure for next year or 2017. The special effects are so awesome!
I want to ride that!

^ I was actually going to post that, I was truly surprised at how good the ride is when I watched the video. It's not sure if it's Universal level but it's at least close to it.

It would be a perfect addition for 2017!

A JL dark ride would definitely fit either in Movietown or the Boardwalk, but sadly I wouldn't be surprised if they chose to build it in the Fort's old spot -.- I would get a big laugh out of that

A JL dark ride in the Boardwalk would be perfect! It has half of the building it needs already, it would match up with the other DC rides in the Boardwalk, and its a great thrilling and family ride that is unique to the park.

When we do get a "Justice League" i'm pretty sure it will be in our Simulator Building. They have a little space around it to expand the 1st floor if needed along the rear and opposite side of the "Go Carts". But after seeing "Justice League", and hearing what the review's are of those who experienced it, i am sure we will be getting one. The cost will be cheaper to make the "clones" of them too, but with all the other work that our Park is having done this this season, i don't think it's 2016 for us. But never know, we did go WAY "cheap" this year, even with the remodeling work they have been doing thoughout the park now. A "new" Lakefront with no major new ride, just new shopping/dining option's, and a "Justice League" in the Boardwalk could work. With what we know is going to be done so far with the demolition, it does sort of narrow it down a little. But there are many diff ways the park could go still.

Been a slightly active user for a while now. After reading through this year's comments on this thread, I am just as sad as the rest of you to see the Lakefront die out, but I think it's time to move on. I'm personally glad to see Fort Independence go, as it has rotted for quite some time now, and the Grandstand and its lake shows are a thing of the past.

Regarding a new attraction for 2016...I've been thinking, and of course, like most thoughts here, it involves The Chiller's station. However, I don't think it'll be a wing coaster, RMC, etc. Batman vs. Superman comes to theaters next year. Now that Rolling Thunder is gone, I think that we may see a new dueling coaster themed off of Batman vs. Superman. They obviously have the correct station for it, and I've seen the people going in and out of the place more than ever. I've also overheard vague conversations about the Stunt Arena being reopened.

One last remark: I'd LOVE to see Autobahn reopen, being a true free for all, unlike Fender Benders' track layout, and I don't see why it wouldn't, as it's the only thing left standing over there (unless I'm forgetting something) with the removal of the Musik Express.

i didnt even think of this but it would be a great attraction, but would need theming like crazy.

We are definitley getting something in the Chiller station this year. People have been going in and out of there crazy, they demolished the Musik Express which was right behind it, Old Country is occasionally open, last year was the last ACE tour for the Chiller, and plus we are due for a new, unique coaster. My guess is they could go with a 4D, a Wing Coaster, or a dueling coaster themed to Batman Vs Superman. The coaster will definitley have two different trains on opposite sides. If I had to put one bet I would say wing coaster. I dont think we will get an RMC coaster for awhile, maybe 2018 or 2019. And in 2017 or 2018 we will get the JL dark ride. Im pretty sure that Old Country is ready to reopen, as ads for HiTP are in the area, so im guessing it will be open for that.

I had stated in a previous post years ago that SF always adds a new coaster/attraction/show for every Batman movie that comes out. The exception came in 2012 when nothing was made for The Dark Knight Rises. And as much as I could see SF doing a Batman v Supernan attraction I doubt it would come to our park because we do have two coasters themed after both those heroes (technically three including TDKC). A funny thought is that if this was a decade ago and we were going to add the chiller they probably would have themed the ride Batman v Superman

We are definitley getting something in the Chiller station this year. People have been going in and out of there crazy, they demolished the Musik Express which was right behind it, Old Country is occasionally open, last year was the last ACE tour for the Chiller, and plus we are due for a new, unique coaster. My guess is they could go with a 4D, a Wing Coaster, or a dueling coaster themed to Batman Vs Superman. The coaster will definitley have two different trains on opposite sides. If I had to put one bet I would say wing coaster. I dont think we will get an RMC coaster for awhile, maybe 2018 or 2019. And in 2017 or 2018 we will get the JL dark ride. Im pretty sure that Old Country is ready to reopen, as ads for HiTP are in the area, so im guessing it will be open for that.

1.) They occasionally open the Old Country pathway when they have large groups using the Caterging Grove back there, so they don't have to walk all the way around through Movie Town.

2) I was the one who organized the tour of Chiller last year. (It was for Gadv Online, not ACE) I asked to tour chiller, there was no hint or push from the park pointing us towards Chiller.

3) As jdc12192 has posted previously, one of this year's new Fright Fest Terror Trails was supposed to be inside the Chiller station. That is not the case anymore, and I don't think the reason has been made public.

EDIT: My point for no. 3 was that anything (work, hints, etc.) concerning chiller up until a few months ago was for the trail.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

If I remember correctly, it was just as one-way as Fender Benders for many years before closing.

Batman vs. Superman themed dueling coasters is an intriguing idea and would fit perfectly with the park's emphasis on both Superheroes. In close proximity to the Justice League store as well, it just seems right.

I think we could be getting a RMC dueling coaster to take over batman and robins station. If not that than I think it's a wing launched or something like x-flight

Edited by Chrislovescoasters

If i recall correctly, I remember there was a rumor that we were supposed to be getting a RMC that went over the lake and a tunnel under the water which was easily dismissed, but what if that was the original plan for 2015 and they decided to delay it for 2016? (minus the tunnel under the lake which I don't see being approved or happening) Imagine RMC maybe finally making a steel coaster that's taller then nitro and Goliath at SFGAM (something like 250') going from BBNP all the way to Congo Rapids on the edge of the lake that would be sick!! Also, if this is the case I would expect to see them use a similar lift support structure like Goliath's which will give a nice view of the lake. I think it will compliment our line up very nicely and this is just an idea not a new rumor I heard or anything. This could be a possibility. If it's a coaster then my money is on a RMC or S&S free spin which will have an original layout.

Edited by truepolak90

An RMC is very possible and that's what I would like to see the most I would rather get an RMC than a S&S free fly a Giga is basically out of the question now however they do have the space for it