2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

If they have a Thanksgiving meal deal or whatever they will call it, you will probably have to pay separate for it. I remember last year i had the dining pass and when fright fest rolled around, you had to upgrade to the fright fest dining pass (or fall dining pass, whatever they called it) for an additional price.

In previous years, they had 4 versions of the dining pass, and all were available all year long:

1. Theme Park through summer

2. Theme Park through Fright Fest

3. Theme Park & Hurricane Harbor through Summer

4. Theme Park & Hurricane Harbor through Fright Fest

You must have bought the option that only lasted through the summer. (I'm just trying to emphasize that there should have been no surprise when you "had" to upgrade)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some people complain about what we get. Some complain about what we don't get. Some complain about what we may get. Some complain about what we may not get. Some people just always complain.

Nor is it all about media invites for harry,myself or Yoshi. Harry is usually the only one who goes to them anyway. This site has a relationship with the park, they use it as an unofficial guide of th

We do past. We do present. And we do future. But we don't undermine.

(I'm just trying to emphasize that there should have been no surprise when you "had" to upgrade)

I agree there should be no surprise but for someone who is just buying their first season dining pass this may be a surprise. I don't remember reading that the dining pass doesn't include Fright Fest and the staff who helps you activate your pass does not explain your limitations. Edited by scott

Going back to my post, that's what i meant by a "special", and if they did some sort of "Thanksgiving Meal Deal" for 34.99 (a guess, but sounds about right, i think that's how much they charged for the BBQ on the 4th) Because the Season Dining Pass is not valid for HITP. "Firght Fest" ends right after Halloween, so November i could see them doing a Turkey Dinner or something for Thanksgiving weekend. I never get food at the park except for Snack's (Pretzels, Funnel Cake, Churros) so it really don't matter to me.

^^^ Thank's 29yrs for the right price. Whenever i think of a "meal" at the park i always think 34.99. I think it's because one of the Family (food for 4) Chicken Strip meal's used to be that price. I'm not sure if it is anymore, haven't even looked in a few season's.

I think that may be the Crane that has been over by "Exploration Station" most of the Season also. There was one over there for a while this year if that is the one or not. I haven't been to the park in a couple weeks. Did you grab any pics of it from the Skyride today? I see Matt's is from mid July, and the Instagram shot is not of the Stadium. Just wondering if it's still the same inside.

I would think the minor disassembly could start now. Removing of the benches and anything that doesn't require heavy equipment to tear it down. The major demo would most likely be when the park is empty during week September and October when the park is empty.

Just my thoughts. I have no inside knowledge.

Did you grab any pics of it from the Skyride today? I see Matt's is from mid July, and the Instagram shot is not of the Stadium. Just wondering if it's still the same inside.

I do have a picture of the crane from the SkyRide I just dont know how to upload it here 😅

^^^ Thank's 29yrs for the right price. Whenever i think of a "meal" at the park i always think 34.99. I think it's because one of the Family (food for 4) Chicken Strip meal's used to be that price. I'm not sure if it is anymore, haven't even looked in a few season's.

I think that may be the Crane that has been over by "Exploration Station" most of the Season also. There was one over there for a while this year if that is the one or not. I haven't been to the park in a couple weeks. Did you grab any pics of it from the Skyride today? I see Matt's is from mid July, and the Instagram shot is not of the Stadium. Just wondering if it's still the same inside.

Strips meal is now $39.99, as is Pizza meal (which I believe comes with both salad and fries, which is nice). Regular cheeseburger meal is $42.99, and Johnny Rockets cheeseburger meal is $49.99.

I knew someone would know the exact prices of the meal's now. All of them are not that bad for 4 people, the Johnny Rocket's meal is worth it also, they always have great Burgers. And no one beat's their Milkshakes. But anyway, if they do end up doing something for Thanksgiving, a meal for 4 will prob be around that same amount. That is even if they offer a 4 person deal, or keep it "per person" like the BBQ. But Thanksgiving in the Park is un-charted territory, see if they do anything for it at all that weekend.

I have a strong feeling this isn't an S&S project. I feel like Great Adventure has something more up their sleeve, and some discussion on Theme Park Review from someone that said very little about the project (which is a good sign) makes me think it's something greater.

Password121, any specific page? I haven't seen anything I can think of that seemed telling on TPR, but I won't say it doesn't exist or a person/people don't know. The biggest possible tell I saw was someone (I thought on sfneonline but now I can't find it) who said something along the lines of the ride has been selected, now all that's left is to find out the color scheme. I think that person who said nothing further does actually know. Based on that I don't think it will be RMC, because the color scheme isn't a particularly interesting feature...the rail color is the only thing that changes. It makes me think of a stock design, and the most likely stock design is the S&S people are guessing. So that's my guess at the moment, not one based on much fact though so we'll see what happens.

I'm hoping for something else, I really like to pick up speed on a coaster and I think the S&S would fade a bit among the quality of coasters at GAdv. To me it would be a lot of fun, but also something I'd be interested in riding maybe 2x in a day, whereas I would ride El Toro 10-15X if there was no line, same with Kingda Ka, or Nitro to a lesser extent. Capacity and ride duration are also an issue at the park. Batman in Texas is very short, so I fear even the larger model S&S freespin will be pretty short.

We shall see though. Hoping for the best, still excited if it's not an "ideal" selection because it's always great to have new thrills at ones home park :)

It's under a thread titled "Most anticipated coaster for 2016." I have the same username on that site and am a more active user. There's no specific information at all, but something about one of the more recent comments about Great Adventure's 2016 project struck a chord with me.

Have we automatically thrown the giga theory out? Because they haven't started land clearing this early since Ka? So could that mean we are getting something bigger than we expected? And I swear to god if MM gets a giga I will never go to a six flags park ever again 😂

It's under a thread titled "Most anticipated coaster for 2016." I have the same username on that site and am a more active user. There's no specific information at all, but something about one of the more recent comments about Great Adventure's 2016 project struck a chord with me.

Well thanks, I registered on the website and gave my thoughts on the thread. I used the same username on here as well. I must say, what that person said was really interesting, the only thing is I'm not sure if he knows any information.

And I certainly hope Magic Mountain won't get anything. They are one of the biggest examples of Spoiled parks not only in America but in the world. the shouldn't be getting anything new, because they certainly don't deserve it.