• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   10/07/2017

29yrswithaGApass

Which Six Flags park has the best named Ring of Fire ride?

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Six Flags park has the best named Ring of Fire ride?

• [img]http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/uploads/gallery/category_35/gallery_2_35_100290.jpg[/img] Six Flags America - Bourbon Street Fireball
    • [img]http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/uploads/gallery/category_35/gallery_2_35_379504.jpg[/img] Six Flags Over Georga - The Joker Chaos Coaster
    • [img]http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/uploads/gallery/category_35/gallery_2_35_464907.jpg[/img] Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - Dare Devil Chaos Coaster
    • [img]http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/uploads/gallery/category_35/gallery_2_35_158737.jpg[/img] Six Flags Great Adventure - Looping Dragon

I voted for SFA. I feel like 'chaos coaster' ruins the other two names and looping dragon isn't as awful as i thought when it was announced, but bourbon street fireball just stands out to me.

^ I agree. Bourbon Street Fireball has a nice ring to it, and might actually be a good name for a real, standout coaster. With all the reused names in the chain for coasters, I almost wish they (SFA is my home park) saved the name for something more unique. At least it doesn't have "coaster" in its name!

After reading these other names i would vote for out Looping Dragon. It says what it is, Its a loop and i have no problem with the dragon theme. I suppose calling something a chaos coaster might bring some excitement but I don't think there is much chaos to be had.

Those kids sure do get around though.

Edited by scott

Six Flags America - Bourbon Street Fireball

besides surrounding theme, Looping dragon is a cool name but fits more with a looping coaster like lighting loops, and that gets me thinking...

I like Bourbon Street Fireball the most- it's a really good name for Six Flags standards. I'd pick Looping Dragon for second best, and Dare Devil Chaos last since it sounds more like a name for a Knex model coaster set than a real ride.

Edited by RC98
  • Like 1

^ I agree with the knex comment lol

I actually would've like it to be named lightning loop, and since it's going to be placed near the rolling thunder memorial that whole area could've paid homage to past rides. What's that? A whole new area called "Great Adventure History"? :P wishful thinking

What about RCDB not listing as a coaster? That's what I would go by...

But I don't really care if it is or not. Its an added feature for the park we needed

^Yeah, I much prefer El Diablo; goes well with El Toro in the vicinity!

At first I liked Bourbon Street Fire Ball but once Great Adventure switched the name to El Diablo to me that was the coolest and the name fit well with that area.

I'd say ours has the best name too because it is original. Looping Dragon was very generic.

More I think about it....

Bourbon Street Fireball, If you watch the original video for it they advertise it as "The Hangover Coaster"

I'm non alcoholic and found that hilarious.