GA Mystery Photos & Trivia

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shouldn't it be against the rules for all rides, for health reasons? You know, girls have cooties.

Six Flags Great Adventure?

Nobody got this one!   ANSWER: In 1996 for Fright Fest, cars from the Great American Scream Machine were placed on Skull Mountain's tracks.   But here is the trick - it was the bodies from severa

Warner got it right!

ANSWER: Parachuter's Perch was the first ride to have dedicated storage bins. Each chute had a dual compartment box with lids and latches for storing items while on the ride. The boxes were painted a sky blue and made out of a thick fiber board like material. Eventually all the boxes rotted and were not replaced.

QUESTION #97: TRUE OR FALSE - When the park first opened the towers of the Sky Ride were dark green. Today they are a much lighter color, but they were never repainted. The original green color simply faded.

1975June-Skyride-mod_small.jpg

I'd have to say that would be false... I've seen paint fade, but I'm sure they were repainted at least once in the last 35 years.

Yes, they were originally green but they did not fade to White, they were painted. I think we all discussed this when the Skyride Spotlight came out. Here's a pic from the Spotlight that shows it was painted, it wouldn't have faded to white this fast.

gallery_208_401_20919.jpg

I also find it hard to believe they could have faded that much and not have been re-painted. I have to try to check out the spotlight, but here's a quick question that may or may not be answered there: Why were the original cars replaced with the triangular-shaped ones? I think the original ones looked better and the bright colors were much better than the dull red and blue they were the last time I saw them.

I also find it hard to believe they could have faded that much and not have been re-painted. I have to try to check out the spotlight, but here's a quick question that may or may not be answered there: Why were the original cars replaced with the triangular-shaped ones? I think the original ones looked better and the bright colors were much better than the dull red and blue they were the last time I saw them.

The cars were replaced when the current ones became available from Six Flags Great America's removal of their skyride. Great Adventure's original cars dated back to the NY World's Fair in 1974, were getting old, and weighed significantly more than today's cars. At Great America the cars were red and blue and the towers were white giving the ride its patriotoic red, white, and blue theme.