29yrswithaGApass

GA Mystery Photos & Trivia

ANSWER: True. After several years of obtaining the proper permits, the Safari introduced hippos to the park around the year 2000. The problem was that the hippos spent the majority of the time underwater and rarely seen by park guests. They were removed a couple of years later.

I believe the hippos were in the Elephant/Rhino section- that is where our VIP tour guide was telling us about them. There is a small pond on the left hand side after you pass the elephants but before you reach the African Plains gate.

The hippos were not fenced off. Gary or Donald - do you know if hippos and rhinos can mingle?

This is just a guess, but I will say 1987. I do remember the days when it was 13.99 for a Day Ticket and 39.99 for a Season Pass.

^ Way to go Railer!

ANSWER: The last time you were able to get into the park with just a $20 bill was 1987! In 1987 an adult ticket was $17.95. The price of an adult ticket in 1988 was $21.00 :smile$:

ANSWER: At 150 feet tall, the circumference of the Big Wheel is approximately 471 feet. However, the original track layout of the Bugs Bunny Railroad was longer coming in at 540 feet.