29yrswithaGApass

GA Mystery Photos & Trivia

im going to say at the ticket booths where it said what rides were open for the day on the little letter boards that hung in the windows

Oh, I remember now, the flower garden near the fort behind where the tilt a whirl used to be, every day they would redo the date there and it was very visable from the skyride.

It was replaced by numerous landscaping designs that didn't have to be changed on a daily basis.

Here is an interesting item.... the year was made up of planted shrubs while the month and day were flats of artificial flowers!

gallery_2_43_787643.jpg

i cant imagine that it took more than a few min every day to redo the date, but thats cool, i wondered if they replanted those plants everyday

Tilt-o-Whirl?

Right!

ANSWER: The Tilt a Whirl was red, white, and blue when it was first installed in the park but was repainted orange and brown when it was moved to the Rolling Thunder area. Oddly, the blue canvas found in the center of the ride wasn't changed.