29yrswithaGApass

GA Mystery Photos & Trivia

I KNOW THIS!!!! In the late 1970's Great adventure was the first theme park ever to try a ride reservation system. On the Saw Mill Log FLume and Moon FLume they tried a "take a number" system to save spaces in line. The experiment was a failure and it was another 20 years before any theme park tried it again

My parents told me about that, but it was such a bad idea that I thought my parents were telling me some kind of sick joke. Luckily, its much better now!

My parents told me about that, but it was such a bad idea that I thought my parents were telling me some kind of sick joke. Luckily, its much better now!

It may be better than back then, but I still hate the Flash Passes.

I believe the Scrambler was called Hodge Podge (I think on the 1980 map). If it wasn't the Scrambler, it was the Music Express.

Daved Thomson

Good job guys!

ANSWER: In the early 80's some rather strange names were noted on the poster size park maps for several of the flat rides. The Scrambler was pictured as the Hodge Podge, the Schwabinchen was Ups N' Downs, and the Musik Express was Rock N' Roller.

ANSWER: Well, let's go with both true and false! When I worded the question, my intent was for the answer to be true, however I forgot that the Shooting Gallery existed back then. :rolleyes: I would assume the Shooting Gallery was managed by the hat shop around the corner and in the same building. I will have to see if I can confirm that. To be continued.....

QUESTION #213: Where is the largest restroom facility located? (And no, I won't ask how many toilets and how many urinals! Even I am not that sick! - yet!)

Safari Hospitality (Exploration Station)
Good work!

ANSWER: The largest restroom facility can be found at the Safari Exploration Station.

BONUS: Where is the newest restroom facility located?

QUESTION #214: After taking a trip to the real Oktoberfest in Munich Germany, he decided that a Bavarian festival would be a good idea for the slower fall months at Great Adventure. Who was he?