• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
Sign in to follow this  
IgetAround

FOR SALE: Viper Wheel

IgetAround    5

Up for sale is a wheel from the infamous Great Adventure Coaster VIPER.

The wheel was briefly used on the coaster ( as you can see from the wear)

This is a unique item for any collection and surely a great conversation piece. Feel free to make me an offer, there's really no saying in what exactly this is worth. See below photos.

10962011_10153088419924907_551695597_n_z

11004302_10153088419994907_1940353809_n_

10979189_10153088419969907_1019842909_n_

gafreak    4

I worked viper, and I would be interested, however the color is wrong, viper ran clear poly wheels ,at least it did it's opening year, do you have any way to verify it is from viper?

IgetAround    5

As the photo above states, it is one of the side rail wheels which typically were red.

The wheel was gifted to me by a mechanic of the park in 2005. That's how I acquired it, unfortunately, there is no solid way to verify it came from the ride other than my word, and matching the wheel to photos of the ride.

Matt Kaiser    141

They usually send the wheels off to get new polyurethane coatings (the outer layer) on them when it wears down to a certain diameter. The metal part gets re-used.

I'm not sure how often that happens, or how often they replace the entire metal wheel, but I do have a wheel from Nitro, metal and all :)