• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
29yrswithaGApass

Hurricane Harbor Operating Calendar

The Hurricane Harbor operating calendar has been added to the SFHH website. The water park opens this year on Saturday May 23rd for weekedns through June 14th. Daily operations begin on Friday June 19th and run till closing day on September 7th. Park hours are basically the same as last year.

Yoshi    96

I'm surprised they are going to be open on weekdays in September. That should be one of the least crowded times of the year to visit Hurricane Harbor.

Edited by Yoshi

robertleax    12

I went during the ROTB event with my kids during the afternoon (weekend after labor day). It was still pretty crowded between 1 and 3pm and when we left to go back to GADV, people were still strolling in. It was probably all local Season Pass holders because it was originally supposed to be closed and I got an e-mail (I think) a few days after labor day saying it was going be open.

It was not too crowded (we found seats by the wave pool) but still had long lines for the slides and very few tube for the lazy river.

Yoshi    96

That would be cool to see Hurricane Harbor open and Fright Fest in the theme park running at the same time.

Mr.Six    33

That would be cool to see Hurricane Harbor open and Fright Fest in the theme park running at the same time.

Yeah :P Especially with those hot September days!

=-=Mr.Six=-=

:Skull::rainbowflash:

IBOK    28

If the forecast is above 82 the week of 17th and 18th I really hope they opt in to open.

The Master    38

Except when we get those cooler than average temps and no one shows up because it's too chilly to go in the water.

That can happen in the middle of Summer too, I remember going to HH in mid Aug with temps in the low 70s for the high. Also been to HH in late Sept with temps in the mid 80s, there is always a risk with the weather.

IBOK    28

Low 80's today and parking lot was full. Was a good time. Hope that makes them consider one or two more weekends if it looks to remain in the 80's.

Being that we have a hot tub, we had a conversation about how fantastic it would be if they were able to maintain the water at 100 degrees. Holiday at the Harbour time. Swimming in the snow would be epic.

Edited by IBOK

Mr.Six    33

Gonna try to get to Hurricane Harbor a little before school lets out this year. It's a zoo in July/August. Glad they are open the weekend before Memorial Day.

The Master    38

Wish they were open everyday in June like they used to be. Though these days, even early June weekdays may be crowded if they were open.

Edited by The Master

dougdrummer    49

I'm debating going on Monday for the first time ever. Weather looks good - high of 80 degrees and low humidity.

Mr.Six    33

Well I ended up going today. Didn't really have a fantastic time. Some little kids seemed to be in every line pushing everyone to get to the front of the line. It got crowded quickly so we left. No trip report needed.

dougdrummer    49

Well I ended up going today. Didn't really have a fantastic time. Some little kids seemed to be in every line pushing everyone to get to the front of the line. It got crowded quickly so we left. No trip report needed.

glad we decided not to go to HH and went to GA instead.....

Viper26    11

I went to Hurricane Harbor on 4th of July two years ago and it was pretty much dead. We were able to do most of the slides.

dougdrummer    49

Most of the people I know go to the shore for the weekend. Then again, the state beaches were closed....