• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

Great Adventure's Water Tower Spotlight

FlumeOp1974    5

Glad to see its being painted. And ill bet you mentioned my ballon Idea that I stated in My Ideas for The Park...HAy do I get some free be if they do? LOL

Railer    48

In the Spotlight it says it's being re-painted in the Spring of 2014, should it read 2015?

^Good catch Rich! i changed that. We actually drafted this Spotlight back in March 2013 and waited until now to release it with its new happy ending (paint job).

"We will release no Spotlight before its time!"

Glad to see its being painted. And ill bet you mentioned my ballon Idea that I stated in My Ideas for The Park...HAy do I get some free be if they do? LOL

I did pass it on back then but no word.

No, the park never had a WB on its water tower. During the years that Time Warner was involved in ownership of the park they used Bugs on the tower (50th and What's Up Doc?). It would have made sense to use the WB Studios logo (below) being it was the backdrop to Movie Town, but that never happened.

20100210_0026-a.jpg

Weird. I always thought I could make out the outline of the shield on the water tower.

Pineracer    3

^Ah, we can dream!

gallery_2_25_491409.jpg

This really made me laugh.

Edited by jdc12192
Fixed quote box

Railer    48

That's one of my shot's from 5-1 at 10:00am. The 2 Baynum Painter's were on top finishing up all morning. But i just uploaded all my shot's of it from yesterday, in a few you can see the painters. And i didn't grab any shot's from inside the Park (a rookie move, i know lol) I only had my Phone, and it's a crappy zoom so sorry. But at least my shot's of the guys installing the Flames on "El Diablo" are "Spotlight Worthy", didn't need the zoom.gallery_208_401_535400.jpggallery_208_401_231274.jpggallery_208_401_240660.jpggallery_208_401_346744.jpggallery_208_401_25777.jpg

gallery_208_401_368427.jpg

Edited by Railer