• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

Railer

Great Lake Grandstand, Aqua Stadium, and Live n Local Stage being removed

2004- Viper

2007- The Chiller

2010- Great American Scream Machine

2013- Rolling Thunder

2016- ?

Does anyone else see the pattern. Im hearing that the next coaster on the chopping block is Runaway Mine Train (source: El Toro ride op) but im taking this with a grain of salt, nothing may even be removed in 2016.

Well, they did just find alot of Whale's in the wild that are very old, going against all of Sea World's claims that they live as long as the ones in captivity. That's fact that Whales not in captivity live much longer lives than ones in captivity by decades.

But we do need a new coaster bad, we are way overdue. And my only concern is that the Park better be maintaing the Fort in "Best Of The West". Losing that would be a devasting blow worse than all the other losses combined.

Edited by Railer

Ok here we go. The Fort is hereto stay. it was built for the sky ride and Runnyaway Mine Train. ANd if and this is a big if. A new coaster is planned for RMT it will more then likey be a replacement Mine train Family Coaster. Theres lots companys the build them.

^ That's why i hope they are maintaining it properly. I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon, but if it gets to that "point on no return", where the maintainance cost's become too much because of previous neglect, it would be a devasting blow. The Fort is almost the "Heart" of the park, being home to the Skyride, and Runaway Train, and one of the best photo op's in any Theme Park, it has defined Great Adventure for many year's. But i don't think the Runaway Train or the Skyride are going anywhere, they always keep up on the maintinance on Runaway, and i have seen them maintaining the Skyride this season many times, and posted the shot's of it. The Fort's maintainance is what i worry about sometimes.

They better not take the fort out. That's the backbone to the park.

I don't go to amusement parks anymore, even though I'm within a 45-minute radius of Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyland without traffic, but can somebody please describe the clintele that exists today at GA?

By the way, there's a lot of excellent opinions on this original topic.

^ He is talking about the Fort in Frontier Adventures not the Fort Independence one.

Which fort is that? The one where all the concerts are?

The fort in question here is where the Sky Ride and the Mine Train stations are, near SORA.

Edited by scott

Which fort is that? The one where all the concerts are?

It's the building that the sky ride loads/unloads in and where the Runaway trains station is.

It's the building that the sky ride loads/unloads in and where the Runaway trains station is.

Isn't that thing like, wasp infested?

A new coaster of some sort (even if it's a Free Fly I guess I won't be too disappointed) And shops, as well as clearing of the trees, will help bring lots of life to that section of the park in my opinion.

The stage was first this morning.

gallery_2_25_320396.jpg

Now the Great Lake Grandstands.

gallery_2_25_4550.jpg

gallery_2_25_28086.jpeg

Aqua Stadium will be last. All should be gone in a little over a month.

More photos tonight!

It's such a shame to see not one but TWO show venues get demo'd. They should have demolished the Old Country and built something in that waste of space... The lakefront would be nicer without a coaster there IMO. But WOOO! for the 4D free spin! if that's really what we're getting!

I just posted some pics and video's of the demolition on "Six Flags Great Adventure Insider Updates" on Facebook. Sad day, but excited for the future.

Am i the only one who may actually cry, it sounds kinda stupid cause they were unused and shows but i love the park as ive been visiting it since i was 4, and ive always looked at the Fort and Grandstand and always thought they were cool. Now they are gone and i just know that next time i go it will be a different view. It looks like yesterday was my last look at the Grandstand and Fort, i am excited for 2016 though.

I thought of you Harry while there, on my one Video i have footage of them ripping one of the Original Light Fixtures out of the ground. That actually got me, and made me a little sad. I think me and your rep were only ones left taking pics.