Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

Photo Trip Report: May 14th, 2015 - El Diablo Opens!

Really hoping that Twister is here to stay. Even thougj it may be uncomfortable, I always find myself laughing when i ride it.

Future pathway perhaps? The Park really need's an easier route than travelling all the way around thru the Boardwalk.

2015_05_14_IMG_0790%20copy.jpg

Great shots, Harry! It was nice talking to you yesterday.

Really hoping that Twister is here to stay. Even thougj it may be uncomfortable, I always find myself laughing when i ride it.

Are you going to the park on Saturday? ;)

Edited by Matt Kaiser

Great trip report as always. Yesterday was my first trip to the park this season so I got my pass processed and spent a lot of time looking over the changes made to various areas. The aesthetics were improved from what I remember; I was especially impressed with some of the flowers and shrubs they put near the Superman entrance and how nice it made things look. Lines were very short and I got on most coasters in less than 5 minutes, aside from Kingda Ka because I like to sit in the first row.

I hadn't ever been to a press event for a coaster before but was lucky enough to be involved with the Devils yesterday. You got me in a few of the on-ride captures and in the picture with the large amount of fans. I think I was looking towards the food that I hadn't noticed prior... My early start that day made for a very light breakfast! I caught a fortunate break by getting an available spot on the front (or was it the back?) for the very first ride, which will be a really nice memory. I figured you were there somewhere but with so many cameras it was tough to tell without having met you before!

Edit: I'm also on the bench in the Twister photo. Looks like I had several opportunities to talk to you but unfortunately missed them all!

Edited by Great Adventurer

^True that! I may have bumped into a lot of you guys and never even knew it!

Nametags would be a big help!

I took some scattered pictures yesterday, none of which were very good. There were a couple I thought I'd share anyway, just to give some extra perspective.

The Wristband given out prior to park entry for Media Day access :Spindevil: :

Media Day Wristband

N.J. provides a warning to El Diablo riders before boarding (this one courtesy of the NHL affiliate photo gallery):

IMG_4033_slide.jpg

A view of El Diablo from the reverse side. Trees cut off a good chunk of the ride image, but I liked how it gave a comparison size wise with El Toro in the foreground and background.

med_gallery_47_1037_665737.jpg

Great photos. The event looked like it was nice and it's always good to see the Log Flume running earlier than expected.