• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

Sign in to follow this  
Railer

PTR 6/4/15 Aqua Stadium's pools are draining.

The "Aqua Stadium's" Pool's are now about half-empty. "El Diablo" is up and running. And "ground's" is almost done all the planting's in the entire Park. And "Skull Mountain" has been patched up some. Park is crowded today, it's NJ Student Council day, kids from all over the state.

gallery_208_401_832867.jpggallery_208_401_1014095.jpggallery_208_401_242612.jpggallery_208_401_1079468.jpggallery_208_401_348131.jpggallery_208_401_958578.jpggallery_208_401_285887.jpggallery_208_401_1056433.jpggallery_208_401_835861.jpggallery_208_401_1133737.jpggallery_208_401_1183756.jpggallery_208_401_1037715.jpggallery_208_401_1330465.jpggallery_208_401_452510.jpggallery_208_401_268896.jpggallery_208_401_370734.jpggallery_208_401_1295345.jpggallery_208_401_146796.jpggallery_208_401_706969.jpggallery_208_401_717790.jpg

I guess El Diablo's trains are really easy to get on and off for maintenance if needed.

It would be cool if they sold some of the metal benches as souvenirs, i have a bench from Shea Stadium which is pretty cool, but it's all going to be scrap.

It's good to see El Diablo is open. I liked Student Council Day better when it was on a Thursday in May since it was mostly just them at the park so crowds were still low. I guess combined with the regular school trips and now colleges done for the year, adding a few thousand extra people for Student Council Day combined for the large crowds.

They were even alllowed early entry to the Park. When my Gate opened at 10:15 it was already pretty crowded. Nothing at all was open though, no rides or stand's open until 10:30. Luckily for me coming early the last few weeks i have a girl at a stand that will fill my "Green" cup as soon as get in the Park. SInce she don't have to use the register, she'll do it.

It makes me really happy to see that every ride (except Twister, no surprise) was open. Glad to see Kingda Ka is back up and running, I didn't think it would be open anywhere near this soon!

so im hearing that the animal movement was just temporary, any truth to this, is it possible the stadium is getting a complete overhaul and not torn down?

^ At this point a new "Aqua Stadium" is always a possibility, anything really is still. I really don't think they could do an overhaul on it, they have to rip out all that old cement and re-bar. It's has crack's that are beyond repair from what a few of those crew guy's said over the week's now.

I guess it depends how rotted the concrete and rebar, are. Rebar, can rust out inside concrete and it expands as it rusts causing cracks. Good builders usually put a rustproof coating on rebar before poring the concrete.

Still is is a shame to see the arena go, I remember for FF, the park used to have monsters sticking out of the windows on the front entrance tower.

From the construction shot's it look's to have been built decently at least, but it had to have been a "rush job" to be finished in 6 months, especially with NO Power tool's what so ever. It was built with early 70's Construction techniches, in some ways that can be better. But in the case of the Pool's cement with 40 year's of Saltwater eating away at it, i can see it having "fatal" crack's now.

And it is a shame to see it go. I'm getting that feeling again when we lost the "Super Tee-pee". Were losing another thing that made the park special and different than all the other park's.

Edited by Railer
  • Like 1