• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

Playland's Castaway Cove adding Gale Force

I think Great Adventure will get Gale Force 7 for a name of a sky 2 model in the lakefront

i wonder what the other coaster will be. Probably some kind of family coaster. Flitzer was fun and at least there are still 2 others left in NJ.

That will be a big coaster for OC.

Edited by The Master

RCDB has been updated, the 2nd coaster is Whirlwind a SBF Spinner. The 3rd coaster is still unknown what type it will be.

It looks like it will be $10 for 1 ride or 14 tickets. Even with the half price sale at $0.50 a ticket that is still $7 per ride. I thought it would be 8 tickets at the most. The new family coaster will be 6 tickets and the spinning coaster will be 4 tickets.

The park is closed for the season but the park still wants to try to open both coasters for at least 1 weekend, the earliest being November. At this point, they should just say they are new for 2017. After Columbus Day weekend, the boardwalk basically shuts down except for a couple of arcades and the Christmas store near the park. I can't imagine they will get a lot of people visiting on a weekend in November with just the 2 coasters open unless they are expecting locals to visit.

https://www.facebook.com/Playland-Castaway-Cove-113880001976434/

Strange that they would open post-season like that, especially since they would need to pay to get the ride certified before the public could ride.

What was the issue getting it open?

They should at least try to test the coasters but not open them to the public in November if no one will come. They could however, allow some employees to test ride it.

They posted a couple of months ago they couldn't open Gale Force until the other coaster was finished and I think that took longer than expected although I thought the 2nd coaster was completed by the end of August.

I was there in Sept and the station was still under construction.

They posted another update

https://www.facebook.com/Playland-Castaway-Cove-113880001976434/

The trains for the family coaster are still not at the park so the ride has to be tested and they are still tweaking Gale Force.

I think at this point they just need to make the 2 coasters new for 2017 attractions.

The real reason GaleForce didn't open this year:

http://coasterforce.com/ecg-test-rides-galeforce/

If the track wasn't lining up correctly and a new piece of track has to be manufactured it sounds like they knew about it so it seems strange the park kept saying they would try to open the coaster this year when they probably knew there was no chance of it happening by the time the new track was finished, shipped from Italy, installed and tested.

I wonder if it was a piece of track in the station? It would explain why it wasn't anywhere near being finished in mid Sept.

I wonder if there was more issues than just a "slightly bumpier ride" unless S&S just wants it to be in as best condition as possible to not hurt future sales? I'm glad the track is being replaced if it will make the ride better. I didn't get there this year and now don't feel as bad as not riding the coaster yet.

It sounds like the issue was more alignment of the fins for the propulsion system having issues than ride quality.