29yrswithaGApass

Twisted Mayhem of THE JOKER Unleashed

Don't know why, but I'm surprised they are that far along. Couple more pieces and they will be done with vertical construction. I'm more intrigued what they do with the plaza/queue than the actual coaster.

Same. We already know what the coaster is going to look like. I want to see the queue :P

Is it me you does it look like the station will be pretty close to ground level?

Is it me you does it look like the station will be pretty close to ground level?

I noticed that too with the construction photos, but soon realized it needs to be with the way loading and the trains are. The seat on the train itself will be waist level if not lower and some peoples feet may even be touching the ground while sitting. You can see in the following video how low it actually is

New photo on the six flags site. Almost done!

img_1433.jpg

^ Yeah, not sure if it's been stated yet or figured out, but the queue splits, with the ride loading and unloading from both sides. I don't think you can cross under the track to the other side. (You'd have to duck, and I doubt they want you doing that)

I would want this type of queue for our joker https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZlyw-mmL8k. It wouldn't be the whole thing, but just the beginning where the line would rarely actually get up to so that you aren't sweating in there the whole time. It has that fun house feel which is really cool.

This would be absolutely insane. That entrance looks like something from a movie.

I think the Villain's Cafe is replacing Lakefront Snacks. Can someone confirm if it is?

Yes i believe its just getting renamed.

I can't tell from the map, but will Harley Quinn also get a new paint job?

Even though I'm a little lukewarm to the 4D experience itself, I am getting VERY excited to see that area + the Lakefront getting re-imagined. It has needed attention for so long and a beautiful looking coaster, plaza, removal of those rundown buildings and an open view of the lake will be the most refreshing sight since El Toro back in 2006. One more new coaster, possibly a JL ride and a couple flats, all additions filling current dead areas like OC and the sim building, will make the park so well-rounded and amazing in the next 5-6 years. I feel confident in saying we are slowly and steadily heading in the proper direction for the first time in a decade. Couple that with HITP getting better and better as they assess its pro's and con's and make small adjustments, and we will shoot up the list of best parks in the country. What a time to be a fan!!!

• Like 2

If you zoom in really close on the map, it looks like Harley Quinn is red and white. Also since it's named after a DC character I would guess they probably have to give it at least a slight theme in order to get the licensing.

I'm not sure how I feel about Blackbeard's getting a superhero theme but I agree that the Lakefront is going to look great now! I'm looking forward to giving the Joker a try, if nothing else it's unique to the park, and given the park's new commitment to filling dead areas, the park will be in great shape for the future!

Edited by RC98

Nice to see they're almost done with vertical construction! Also although it's kind of hard to tell from the angle shown it looks like Blackbeard's track is a brighter red now.

Looks like Blackbeard/Harley Quinn did get a fresh coat of paint. Maybe it's just the sunlight, but that red track looks brand new.

I notice they poured a few footers on the lake-side of Joker. Watch at 1:42 in the video - there are even supports. Is that just for a queue cover? I figured they'd want all the open space they can get around the ride while they're still doing vertical construction in such a condensed area.

• Like 1

I notice they poured a few footers on the lake-side of Joker. Watch at 1:42 in the video - there are even supports. Is that just for a queue cover? I figured they'd want all the open space they can get around the ride while they're still doing vertical construction in such a condensed area.

I thought that as well until i saw that Batman at SFFT has a storage area for the trains so I'm guessing it'll be the same for us?batman-sfft-livestill2.jpg

Chaos Closes In: Final Track Piece of

The JokerSet Today

Six Flags Great Adventure Plans to Debut Insane 4D,

Free-Fly Coaster Memorial Day Weekend

JACKSON, NJ – March 18, 2016 –The final track piece of The Joker was placed today. This “topping off” 120 feet in the sky marks the completion of track construction on Six Flags Great Adventure’s 14th scream machine. The most insane coaster in the park’s history is expected to open Memorial Day weekend.

Iron workers from Shamrock Construction, the ride’s erection company which is based in Matawan, New Jersey, signed the final piece of green steel just one day after St. Patrick’s Day before it ascended to its final resting place atop the extreme, 90-degree, vertical lift.

“We really appreciate the hard work by Shamrock Construction, S&S and the rest of the construction team, and we are one step closer to unleashing the spinsanity that is The Joker,” said John Fitzgerald, park president at Six Flags Great Adventure. “It is the perfect addition to our line-up of award-winning roller coasters because The Joker delivers total mayhem with its next-generation, cutting-edge thrills.”

Following the topping off, the construction, maintenance and engineering teams will focus on:

· Installing the elevator style, chain link lift mechanism that will hoist riders to the top

· Adding the five 4D, wing vehicles that feature one-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology to deliver smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips and the feeling of weightlessness

· Installing the ride controls

· Extensive ride testing

· Inspections and NJ state certification

All phases will be completed before the first passengers board the ride later this spring.

After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill,The Joker will wreak havoc as riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane, along with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience all of this chaos with no track above or belowjust the sky, ground and adjacent Great Lake churning around them.

For more information about the 2016 season at Six Flags Great Adventure, visitwww.sixflags.com/greatadventure

About Warner Bros. Consumer Products

Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.

About DC Entertainment

DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world.

# # #

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

gallery_2_1061_1553091.jpg

gallery_2_1061_6044849.jpg

gallery_2_1061_1062067.jpg

gallery_2_1061_2037809.jpg

gallery_2_1061_2650967.jpg

gallery_2_1061_2192670.jpg

gallery_2_1061_796760.jpg

Nice that we'll have it complete for opening day! Can't wait to see when they start adding the final touches such as the colored concrete and queue.

Now that the Local # is out there, 68 got some recognition finally. That local has done all the Steel Build's at the Park.