Twisted Mayhem of THE JOKER Unleashed

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmmm....

Hi everyone,   I know it's been a while, but I have some recent aerial photos to share of the park in general, and more importantly, construction taking place along the lakefront to make way for Tot

^We are the only Six Flags park that received a new major roller coaster for 2016 and you are disappointed?

Posted Images

Im still confused ion this. Are the flips controlled or it a free for all? The first video posted shows the car flipping an insane amount coming off the lift hill. The second with the pov doesn't seem to flip as much

Im still confused ion this. Are the flips controlled or it a free for all? The first video posted shows the car flipping an insane amount coming off the lift hill. The second with the pov doesn't seem to flip as much

There are fins that control the spinning. I remember on one of Batman's first test runs the cars spinned about 50 times. With the fins adjusted they only spin 6-7 times.

Edited by Nitro1118

The spins aren't controlled, they're induced via magnetic fins. The seats spin freely, unlike X2. As the train passes through the fin, the magnetic field forces the rotation, hopefully resulting in a flip. So it's really not controlled. "Induced" is the technical term, or you can think of it like it's encouraged to spin. :P

The Fins coming off the Lift are the longest ones on the ride, they give the biggest "push". From the vid the fins make the Seats spin "forward", or the direction the Car is moving. But "forward" is backward's for one set of Seat's since they went with the "Face-Off" seating. So it has alot of re-rideability sitting in the different Seat's, getting the hang of flipping or not. I know going over the "Raven Turn's" during a spin will make for some new, and weird sensation's.

Chaos Caught on Video: THE JOKER Takes First Test Run

Six Flags Great Adventure Plans to Debut Insane 4D,

Free-Fly Coaster Memorial Day Weekend

JACKSON, NJ – April 27, 2016 – Six Flags Great Adventure’s insane, new 4D, free-fly coaster The Joker took its first test run late afternoon Wednesday. The flawless run was captured by on-board video.

The coaster’s first riders were water-filled, plastic dummies that simulate the weight and proportions of human thrill seekers. A dummy named “Harry” captured point-of-view video of the ride from a chest-mounted GoPro camera.

gallery_2_1061_356009.jpg

After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, The Joker will wreak havoc as riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the seemingly weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane, along with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience all of this chaos with no track above or below just the sky, ground and adjacent Great Lake churning around them.

During the next month, engineers will fine-tune the ride control system and complete extensive testing, followed by a series of inspections and certification by New Jersey ride inspectors. The coaster is expected to debut Memorial Day weekend.

The Joker is the second 4D, free-fly coaster of its kind anywhere in the world. For more information about the 2016 season at Six Flags Great Adventure, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

# # #

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

The spins aren't controlled, they're induced via magnetic fins. The seats spin freely, unlike X2. As the train passes through the fin, the magnetic field forces the rotation, hopefully resulting in a flip. So it's really not controlled. "Induced" is the technical term, or you can think of it like it's encouraged to spin. :P

ah ok I see. So with that being said, can each side of the track be controlled differently, like fines adjusted on the green track different from the purple track fins? Lets say the green track side cars have a more "extreme" ride vs the purple track side have a more "tamer" ride experience.

ah ok I see. So with that being said, can each side of the track be controlled differently, like fines adjusted on the green track different from the purple track fins? Lets say the green track side cars have a more "extreme" ride vs the purple track side have a more "tamer" ride experience.

I'd love this, because I'd always go in the purple track.

Well Harry, how was the ride :P

Yup they can!

This video explains it pretty well. Sorry I can't link it to the starting time cause I'm mobile, but talk about the spinning/fins starts at 1:40 and then he talks how each side is set up differently at 4:10

• Like 1

I believe it's taken from the same ride. The green side flipped a lot where if you focus on the purple side, it's looks the same as the video. Might have to do with the weight of the water dummies or even the magnetic fins.

^ If it does have to do with the fins, I think having one side be less intense would actually be a cool idea to expand the amount of people who would be willing to ride it.

I'm looking forward to trying this, it looks like nothing I've ever ridden before!

I like the idea of trying all the seats and kinda "learn"how to ride it. Can't wait.

I suspect it's fairly normal to have a good first run but is there any good stories about not so good first attempts?

I believe it's taken from the same ride. The green side flipped a lot where if you focus on the purple side, it's looks the same as the video. Might have to do with the weight of the water dummies or even the magnetic fins.

Yeah, the off-ride video shows the green side mostly, doing a bunch of flips. The POV is of the purple side.

If it stays like that and you can pick what side you want to go to, I am going to try to ride the purple side (although I'm guessing if there is a single rider line, you won't be able to choose).

If they did have a more intense and less intense side, wouldn't that affect wait times? There's no way an equal amount of people would want to go to either side. Personally I would ride the more intense side but I could see a lot of people not wanting to because it could easy make them dizzy.

If they did have a more intense and less intense side, wouldn't that affect wait times? There's no way an equal amount of people would want to go to either side. Personally I would ride the more intense side but I could see a lot of people not wanting to because it could easy make them dizzy.

Sure, but doesn't choosing which row you want to sit on make lines a bit longer on regular rides? 3/4 of the way through the line they would have a split in the line, and you could pick if you want to go on the intense side, or the calmer side.

Sure, but doesn't choosing which row you want to sit on make lines a bit longer on regular rides? 3/4 of the way through the line they would have a split in the line, and you could pick if you want to go on the intense side, or the calmer side.

That's true but at the same time when choosing a row many people don't really care but if one makes you sick and another doesn't, people are going to care.

That's true but at the same time when choosing a row many people don't really care but if one makes you sick and another doesn't, people are going to care.

Ehh, I don't think it would create line issues. If the line for the green side is longer, and people want to wait for the green side, then they'll wait. Just like me if they make the purple side calmer.

Would they or even could they put an led lighting package on the cars? Just trying to visualize how that area will be lit up(or lack thereof) at night.