29yrswithaGApass

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I would guess that an El Toro refurb would be more like the Incredible Hulk retracking, considering El Toro's track is all prefrabicated and like lego pieces. Retracking it SEEMS like it would be easy.

• Like 1

I for one still want to hear your credible rumors and potential leaks. After all, that's why I check out this thread.

Same, Railer's rumors and leaks are really great/fun to read.

That's why i do it all, i know people like the news i get sometimes. I just have a big problem with any kind of "censorship" on anything. But it's really no biggie, none of this is "big picture" wise. But i think the biggest news to come down this week was the Poster "Hollyferry" saying that she saw the 'Suit's" looking over area's in HH, and it was glossed over by everyone here. Last year around the same time i posted seeing the "suit's" from Texas looking over where "Carribean Cove" now sits. Put that together with the fact that less than a week after opening "Carribean Cove" they had to close due to capacity still, my money is on next year we get another HH expansion. And it really need's it.

But on "El Toro" being re-tracked, if they did go that route (and they will eventually) "El Toro" is already 100% ready to be "I-Boxed", it was built to the exact specs of RMC's I-Box Track. And when you ride front row on it, it's easy to see that it is. Personally, i think i would rather have it use "Topper Track", that would be just as easy to convert, and it would still keep it a "true" Woodie. I think I-Box Track should be a seperate new category for Wood Coaster's, and Topper Track Coaster's should be considered a "true" Woodie. Everything else is a Hybrid to me. But with Toro's layout i could see them easily adding an "in-line" Twist where the little "Bunny Hill" is after the "turnaround" before the Hill that lead's into the Twister section. An "in-line" twisting to the left, that will flow right into the left turn that lead's into that last ait-time hill would be awesome. And they already have all the structure in place to do it with minimal changes needed, that whole "bunny hill" section is is full of Head Chopper's.

• Like 2

I can also see a flat ride (like a Tilt A Whirl or something similar in size) being added inside the Xploratorium "hands" building at some point.

Speaking of this building, it is being used as a location in Pokemon Go. It's referred to as "Attack on Titan Hands Building," and this has been included in the list of Pokemon Go locations that the park posted on their site. Interesting....

Speaking of this building, it is being used as a location in Pokemon Go. It's referred to as "Attack on Titan Hands Building," and this has been included in the list of Pokemon Go locations that the park posted on their site. Interesting....

Six Flags didn't add the Pokestops. Someone thought it looked like a giant from Attack On Titan, and added it.

Another sighting of suits with clipboards near Bizarro by GAnerd in another thread.

If it's true, it does mean something. "Bizarro" is a prime canidate to get the VR Treatment, and the Train's were already once rigged up to have a Power Source on them for the Audio. Would be an easy conversion.But i'm not sure if the VR even need's a Power Supply on them though since they just use Phones in a Headset.

That would be the last ride I'd want VR on. The ride already has the most inversions in the park, I couldn't imagine how dizzy you'd get with those and VR. I'd really like to see it on Nitro.

There was talk they were testing VR on Nitro in June. Bizarro makes much more sense - it needs a popularity boost and it makes no sense to take your best people eater in the park (Nitro) and turn it into an operations nightmare. You'd be talking 3 hours minimum waits if they put it on Nitro based on performance in other parks. But we'll see, they already announced it for Raging Bull in Chicago.

I'd agree, out of all the coasters Bizzaro makes the most sense to me. I'd even be happy to get it.

Bizzaro would be cool but id actually think doing superman would be insanely cool. Especially going into the pretzel loop.

Agreed but superman already gets long lines

If they were to do it on any ride (which they shouldn't because based on other Six Flags parks' VR they're completely incompetent and did not train properly or think the entire situation through) they should do it like Cedar Point with sign ups at a certain time, non-VR operation most of the day, and strict assigned times for VR for a few hours with riders preparing with their headsets five minutes early.

If they don't do that it's a huge waste of efforts and a pain for everybody, especially those that just want the ride in its intended state with reasonable lines.

It should be on Mine Train for popularity reasons, Superman for ride experience reasons, IMO.

Edited by Password121
  • Like 1

If they were to do it on any ride (which they shouldn't because based on other Six Flags parks' VR they're completely incompetent and did not train properly or think the entire situation through) they should do it like Cedar Point with sign ups at a certain time, non-VR operation most of the day, and strict assigned times for VR for a few hours with riders preparing with their headsets five minutes early.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'd figure out a way to mess that process up, too.

It would be cool for Mine Train, but the headset would probably fly off before the ride ends. Skull Mountain would be awesome.

Guys can we go back to 2017 thing please?

There's not really anything else to talk about. It's almost certain we're getting the JL ride, so if anything else comes out, we'll talk about it :)

Guys can we go back to 2017 thing please?

This is 2017. We may very well get VR next year, considering we're one of the few SF parks without it and now corporate thinks of it.

I get you're happy with the JL, but there's more to 2017 than just the dark ride.

Here is possibities what our park's coasters would get VR next year:
​1) Bizzaro

2) Superman Ultimate Flight

3) Batman the Ride

4) El Toro

5) Kingda Ka

6) The Joker

7) Nitro

8) Green Lantern

9) The Dark Knight Coaster

10) Skull Mountain

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

It would be cool for Mine Train, but the headset would probably fly off before the ride ends. Skull Mountain would be awesome.

Can you explain why a headset would be likely to fall off of a 1970's mine train but has been operating on an Intamin mega coaster just fine?

• Like 1

In a perfect world no ride in the park would get the VR. It's a silly gimmick and I've seen first hand how much havoc it wreaks on operations. But because we don't live in a perfect world, VR would make the most sense on Skull Mountain. Which means they'll probably add it to Nitro.

• Like 1

^100% agreed. VR today sucks and destroys capacity. For understanding here, I timed a 21 minute dispatch on SFA's Superman with VR. I never saw one below 11 minutes, and most were around 17. In other words, whoever said they "really want to see it on Nitro," you're waiting 2-5 hours. Sorry.

And lol at the honesty in the last line.

Edited by Password121