29yrswithaGApass

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I think a "test park" can only qualify as such if what they're testing is something they intend to roll out to other parks.

Constructing a one-time, world record breaking ride that is very innovative can not be considered a "test" because it's not like they were considering building a similar ride elsewhere (like Dragster). I'd say Leviathan is a "test" of sorts because Cedar Fair was obviously looking elsewhere for giga coasters (instead of Intamin after the I-305 issues), and they ended up using B&M's giga coaster model again at Carowinds, and possibly again at a later time.

The same with the prototype seating on B&M hypers--being a "test" has nothing to do with being "innovative," it's just trying something new to determine if it's effective. The seating turned out successful as it was then used at Kings island and Carowinds.

A "test" doesn't have to be a "first, tallest, fastest, newest, best," etc... it's just something different they haven't done before while in the process of determining its value for use at other locations. I think the VR is the next installment of said "test."

I think a "test park" can only qualify as such if what they're testing is something they intend to roll out to other parks.

Constructing a one-time, world record breaking ride that is very innovative can not be considered a "test" because it's not like they were considering building a similar ride elsewhere (like Dragster). I'd say Leviathan is a "test" of sorts because Cedar Fair was obviously looking elsewhere for giga coasters (instead of Intamin after the I-305 issues), and they ended up using B&M's giga coaster model again at Carowinds, and possibly again at a later time.

The same with the prototype seating on B&M hypers--being a "test" has nothing to do with being "innovative," it's just trying something new to determine if it's effective. The seating turned out successful as it was then used at Kings island and Carowinds.

A "test" doesn't have to be a "first, tallest, fastest, newest, best," etc... it's just something different they haven't done before while in the process of determining its value for use at other locations. I think the VR is the next installment of said "test."

I agree a test doesn't have to be the biggest, tallest etc... I just don't view the B&M giga as something that was a test project since it's the same design and technology as the B&M mega coasters, which were already prevelant at CF parks, just 50-60ft taller. CF knew it'd be a success based on the mega coasters reputation. And again, if we are calling the 2 across seating with the same seating and restraints as the 4 across, then you would have to call Banshee a test coaster as well since it was the first inverted coaster with vest restraints.

I just don't view CW as much of a test park. I see where you're coming from, and they have been the first to a couple ideas, but I wouldn't put them in the same class as SFMM for the SF chain, or BGT in the Busch chain (first B&M, first invert, first dive machine...all of which BGW would later invest in). Those are real "test" parks to me.

Either way, glad yo get some clarification as I was completely stumped on the CW is a test park statement!

Anyway, if Old Country is to be removated, do you guys feel they will keep/refurbish the Batman and Showcase theaters, or possibly tear them down? The shows this year, especially the magic show and HITP shows, seemed to be major hits this year, so I am really hoping for consistent lineups at both venues if/when OC opens back up permanently.

I'm not debating with anyone this year again, i know alot of people get mad when i leak stuff early for undermining the Park. And i'm glad people are talking, what it's all about. Some will always be negative, but i have alot more that trust what i say. In the end opinion don't matter, if the info is right or wrong is all that count's. But all i'll say is there are other ways to get "confirmation" of something other than the Park. If a permit show's up on the Twp. site, we know what they have a plan to do. They may not do it, but we know the "confirmed" plan. Just like when the Local Ironworker's have to work a job in their schedule, and it's booked. That is "confirmation" without the Park confirming it. The only time's i will comment on 2017 is when another piece of info comes to light that i can share to solidify my claim's, or to de-bunk them. If thing's look different, i'll be the first to say it (if i get the news first lol) but as of now, it look's like the first T-REX. Thing's can always change last min, but with what it looks like, if it did change i think it would just be the timetable and pushed back a year, and "Justice League" end's up coming first. Can't really back out when it's a "1st" of something, too much was invested in the development.

And the Show's that ran in Showcase last year were sort of "test" (thats a test we did going back a few posts) to see how they do, and they did great. And with how strong the Show's did last year, it helped them make the decision for what is coming. I am really hoping for a re-theme to the "Gotham City Amphitheater", or the "Thomas/Bruce Wayne Amphitheater", something along those lines. I can really see them giving it a "high-end" looking "Gotham" theme.

^ I think a big downfall for you is that you connect things too easily without enough details. Sure, booking ironworkers confirms something, but you usually stretch that information to "confirm" theories that you don't have enough details to prove, or are even unrelated.

I wouldn't mind another Premier, I have really liked the coasters I have ridden manufactured by them. If it wasn't for the capacity, something similar to Sky Rocket at Kennywood would be good. A GCI would be good too since I would still like to see another traditional wooden coaster in the park after losing Rolling Thunder.

Agree with both of those. I would love a 200ft T-rex/Duel launch coaster, but if we're not getting either of those, I'd love a 100FT or under ride. We don't have any coaster steps. Blackbeard's, then Runaway Mine Train, then.....El Toro/Nitro? (I'm not counting the looping coasters, because I'm focusing on the drops. And lets be honest, Batman isn't going to prepare you for El Toro/Nitro).

Twisted Colossus is counted as a "family coaster", so i mean if a RMC as good as Twisted Colossus counted as a family coaster, than im sure a launched coaster that inverts a few times can be fit in as a family coaster with a 48in height limit

Big difference between family friendly and family coaster. You can have a park full of 48" restrictions on coasters, but there would still be nothing for families with 7 year olds to do if they're all as intense as a ride like Twisted Colossus. That's one of the main problems Great Adventure has these days.

I know everyone's opinion of what a family coaster might be different but there is no way I would consider Twisted Colossus or any RMC a family coaster even if it has a low height requirement compared to other coasters. To me a family coaster is something that is a step or two above a kiddie coaster but not too thrilling. Something like Blackbeard's, Skull Mountain, Runaway Mine Train and The Dark Knight.

anyway, rumors are swirling that Blackbeard is getting rethemed to Harley Quinn. Talked to my SFGADv guy and he said that he heard people talking about it last night and he doesnt know if its actually gonna happen. He said we will just have to wait and see if there will be an Early Morning Meeting, thoughts?

Do you guys happen to know when the 2016 Brochures are going to be released? Im one of those guys that are interested in park maps and would like to know when i could see the new design and overall park changes for 2016!

The theme park's will not be available for several weeks and Hurricane Harbor's for a couple of months.

What about the updates app?

i think its very likey we see Blackbeard turn into Harley Quinn it wouldn't surprise me if we get a new section themed to villains with fantasy fling getting renamed even. I think this because of the Blackbread rumor along with the new Villains Café indicting more then just the joker.

Evidently, Chiller's station has in fact been demolished. Pictures are posted on Theme Park Review.

This does not confirm anything at all that anybody has said, so I don't want to hear the words "I called it" or "my sources were correct" from anyone. I'm still reluctant to say this is a coaster for 2017.

• Like 2

Definitely a major sign SOMETHING is coming to Old Country for 2017. They wouldn't knock it down and let the space sit dormant until 2018. It's basically confirmation OC will be fully operational for 2017. Now, it's a matter of keeping an eye out for markings in and around Chiller's footprint. I must say, since I doubt they would put another show building next to TDK for a JL ride, I really feel it will be a coaster. And considering SF's coaster additions over the last 5 years, the only LIKELY additions are a Premier or RMC (since we got the 4D this year). My gut tells me an RMC is coming.

I do think it is premature to jump the gun with the T-Rex design over a traditional RMC, however. The pricetag on an all-steel RMC compared to a wooden/hybrid is pretty significant, and SF has been cheaping out this decade. Even with El Toro at the park, I could easily see a traditional RMC coming to our park. It is definitely possible we premiere the first T-Rex, though, considering we are arguably the biggest/most important park in the chain, and it would certainly make waves.

Speaking of the T-Rex design, do you guys think they will stick closely to the layout in the concept video (which included a lift and not a primarly launch, BTW) or do you guys feel we'd get something unique tailored specifically for our park?

Also, if an RMC is to come, do you feel it is possible we receive the Raptor design instead? Since this could possibly be RMC's first all-steel, and since the plot of land might be a tad too small for what the T-Rex concept video showed, I do think it's very possible we see the Raptor design instead. And if they do stick to the prototype concept layouts, there are a lot of things I liked about the Raptor layout better than the T-Rex, along with what look to be longer trains (the 3-car design if the T-Rex is one of its primary downfalls, IMO).

Edited by jdc12192
merged posts

Well sorry didn't mean to break any rules! Nothing to see here move along...

Photos deleted

As per the forum rules-

Please do not disclose any "non-public" information about Great Adventure or any other park. This includes not posting pictures that in any way violate park rules (onride photos and videos, pictures taken from off limits areas without permission). This is a public site, and Six Flags may take action against employees who violate the park rules by posting confidential information.

These photos violate this policy. An employee must have taken these photos, or someone who was in the park yesterday for auditions and leaked them to someone. This not only violates the forum rules but also employee rules.

May the speculation continue!

Edited by RC98
Deleted photos

I had that pic sent to me today, was about to post it. Said wouldn't comment till' had something else pointing to what i have been saying. Well, there it is. LIke i said "opinion don't matter, if the news is right or wrong is all that matter's". If something doesen't look "connected" it does not mean it's not. WIth a dual layout it will take long to build, we will know soon enough now. And it won't be 200ft, maybe a 100. Height will not be what this ride is about. Speed, interaction, and innversion's, dIfferent than anything else we have.

Edited by Railer

All it means is that they got rid of an unused building. And by the way, it was removed over a month ago. We can now add this site to the many other locations around the park that will most likely be upgraded in future years. Common sense can predict that underutilized areas will be redeveloped.

• Like 3

Since things are out and about now-

This T-rex talk is just beating a dead horse.

It steamed from a survey, which yes was ""for our park"" but the same survey was sent to ALL parks.

Chiller being gone,like password said doesn't confirm anything. Also thank you for not posting pictures, the site doesn't approve of that. It has been gone for over a month, and was even prepped to be gone while the park was open.
A lot of people want to make up some crazy connection for future attractions but nobody wants to mention that it simply was an unusable lawn ornament and it was just a convenient time for it to go.
There were plans for it to be used, but couldn't due to the state of the station, so why keep it?
If there were plans for the area i don't think they would be putting gravel down in the area. Sure i believe its going to be developed in the near future, but something big next year in that area, probably not.
  • Like 1

Here's a "Dead Horse". My Amazon location was told they can't rent the Parking Lot next year at Great Adventure due to coming Construction on that side of the Lot. Why Amazon is bulding a new Warehouse in my town of Florence to open in time for the Holidays. And yeah, it don't mean anything YET of what's coming, but it just proves that i have been right so far. Kinda' playin' out just like last year, but this year there won't be an early trademark. They already have "Batman", and now that think about it, i guess "Total Mayhem" was a waste unless they use it somewhere else. Wonder what the cost of getting a Trademark is?

Here's a "Dead Horse". My Amazon location was told they can't rent the Parking Lot next year at Great Adventure due to coming Construction on that side of the Lot. Why Amazon is bulding a new Warehouse in my town of Florence to open in time for the Holidays. And yeah, it don't mean anything YET of what's coming, but it just proves that i have been right so far. Kinda' playin' out just like last year, but this year there won't be an early trademark. They already have "Batman", and now that think about it, i guess "Total Mayhem" was a waste unless they use it somewhere else. Wonder what the cost of getting a Trademark is?

What is it proving?

Definitely a major sign SOMETHING is coming to Old Country for 2017. They wouldn't knock it down and let the space sit dormant until 2018. It's basically confirmation OC will be fully operational for 2017. Now, it's a matter of keeping an eye out for markings in and around Chiller's footprint. I must say, since I doubt they would put another show building next to TDK for a JL ride, I really feel it will be a coaster. And considering SF's coaster additions over the last 5 years, the only LIKELY additions are a Premier or RMC (since we got the 4D this year). My gut tells me an RMC is coming.

I do think it is premature to jump the gun with the T-Rex design over a traditional RMC, however. The pricetag on an all-steel RMC compared to a wooden/hybrid is pretty significant, and SF has been cheaping out this decade. Even with El Toro at the park, I could easily see a traditional RMC coming to our park. It is definitely possible we premiere the first T-Rex, though, considering we are arguably the biggest/most important park in the chain, and it would certainly make waves.

Speaking of the T-Rex design, do you guys think they will stick closely to the layout in the concept video (which included a lift and not a primarly launch, BTW) or do you guys feel we'd get something unique tailored specifically for our park?

Also, if an RMC is to come, do you feel it is possible we receive the Raptor design instead? Since this could possibly be RMC's first all-steel, and since the plot of land might be a tad too small for what the T-Rex concept video showed, I do think it's very possible we see the Raptor design instead. And if they do stick to the prototype concept layouts, there are a lot of things I liked about the Raptor layout better than the T-Rex, along with what look to be longer trains (the 3-car design if the T-Rex is one of its primary downfalls, IMO).

The layout of what we may be getting is completely different from the RMC T-REX video they showed at their Booth with the Track Section's. Our's was a dual launching "mobius" design with a couple of similar element's to "Twisted Colussus". Instead of a Stall along our Parking Lot Fence, it's an in-line twist over the Track. The direction changes on the Course are made by interlocking "dive loop's", and interlocking "immelman" looking element's. But it had No lift hill at all, a little dive out of the Station into a little Helix looking spin before the first launch. It looked to go about thru the Observatory, hit a set of overbanked right turn's, and then a criss-crossing layout with the 2 Track's. Then it hit interlocking dive loop's to the rt, and runs between Showcase and sorta' near the Water Tower, along the Parking Lot Fence (where they were surveying last year) and then hits the in-line over the other Track. Then a another set of interlocking dive loop's/immelman's to get the direction going back toward the Station thru the Picnic Grove area. Then the 1 Train goes back into the Station, and the other one hits the second Launch, and runs the Course on the other Track. TREX's will be cheaper than say any "Lightning Rod" or "Wildfire" is going to be. They have very few support's, very few connector's, and with one solid piece of steel, are VERY strong. My only worry will be debris on the Track being one big flat piece. But these are going to be the cheapest Steel Coaster's in the Industry. RMC developed them for, and with Six Flags in mind. Why we are going to be it's first customer.

Edited by Railer

The concept video was nonspecific to Great Adventure. It was not tailored to any plot of land, either SF's or RMC's concept animations. You're making these connections up about surveying and layout points.