29yrswithaGApass

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I would consider that happening. It would add another unique coaster to our lineup and the spot is perfect. Maybe it can be named catwomans whip.

I would consider that happening. It would add another unique coaster to our lineup and the spot is perfect. Maybe it can be named catwomans whip.

That sounds more like a whip ride.

• Like 1

Sfgadv should also get a pendulum style thrill ride like "Max Air" next to the joker. So the riders swing over the lake! It could be themed to Harley Quinn or somthing

Sfgadv should also get a pendulum style thrill ride like "Max Air" next to the joker. So the riders swing over the lake! It could be themed to Harley Quinn or somthing

There's not much space around there, and putting a Huss frisbee where the old stands were would just look terrible.

I'm hoping that the focus will be bringing old country back to life but I'm feeling that the lakefront will be receiving a lot of attention over the next year. I'm certain they're not just plopping The Joker and leaving it at that.

• Like 1

^ If we got one it would round out our coaster collection perfectly!

I'm expecting something smaller in 2017 (maybe the Justice League dark ride or something in the leftover empty Lakefront space) and then the coaster in the near future after that. I'd love to be proven wrong though!

Edited by RC98
  • Like 1

Justice League is a major investment for a SF park, even Great Adventure. The park has a fairly consistent pattern of a major investment followed by a much smaller one of a few mid-range investments in a row.

Also look at other parks that got major Justice League, an RMC or a Free Spin, and you'll see a clear pattern.

Great America--RMC in '14, almost nothing in '15, JL in '16

Magic Mountain--RMC in '15, Revolution (inexpensive) refurb in '16

Fiesta Texas--RMC in '13, slides in '14, Free Spin in '15, small flats in '16

There are no SF parks that have gotten either a coaster or a Justice League clone the year following one because they're all in the neighborhood of $10-$15 million investments. I don't think Great Adventure can justify breaking this trend. And no, they haven't had smaller investments recently to prepare for it.

Edited by Password121
  • Like 1

We're one of very few Six Flags parks without The Justice League dark ride and it's only a matter of time before we get one and 2017 looks like our year. With the old simulator building being rumored to be getting rid of the fright fest trails. I can see this being the new home for The Justice League dark ride.

^You mean one of 9 parks without one? There are only four JL clones in the chain, how are we "one of the few" that don't have one?

• Like 1

Okay I apologize for the wrong number let me correct my self. We're one of 9 parks without one. But anyway I think we'll have one next year and that's my opinion.

Edited by CoasterKrazy

Now I think the dark ride will come in 2018 as we saw Six Flags Great America barely add anything in 2015 to save up for their dark ride. I would want to see a frisbee ride like the one at Six Flags Over Texas in Grandstand's spot or an overhaul of the kids areas in 2017.

I think its very likely for SFGA to get a JL in 2017, Besides a free spin can't be that huge of an investment for a multi million corporation.

I think its very likely for SFGA to get a JL in 2017, Besides a free spin can't be that huge of an investment for a multi million corporation.

That's the mother company, not the park

What about kks trains? Do you guys think it will be changed to the zumanharo restraint trains? I hope so, I don't mind the otsr but without it would be a better ride :)

Would it be too much?

If they were to do anything with the trains it would be just changing out the restraints, not the entire trains itself (like Maverick did for 2015). But the restraints aren't the problem, it's the fact that the trains are engineered to have OTSR's in the first place, which means the seats are a lot heavier and beefier, and have a higher center of gravity which magnifies vibrations on the chassis... which are already incredibly high going 128 mph. There's nothing that can be done to Kingda Ka in a reasonable budget to fix the vibrations with the current trains.

And no, they're not getting new trains. Those are $1 million apiece and would likely change insurance policies with SF isn't going to deal with (not that New Jersey would let them anyways).

Where exactly is the "Batman striking back" concept coming from? Was it officially released by some Six Flags officials or is it just speculation?

Where exactly is the "Batman striking back" concept coming from? Was it officially released by some Six Flags officials or is it just speculation?

Where did this come from? I haven't heard about it.

Six Flags got another early Ttrademark this year again, "Titan". Someone is getting the bigger "Free-Spin" in a Six Flags Park for 2017.

There are no SF parks that have gotten either a coaster or a Justice League clone the year following one because they're all in the neighborhood of $10-$15 million investments.

That is not true.

Magic Mountain

2002: X2

2003: Scream.

I mean, that's a reach, but Magic Mountain has done it.

It's all just speculation.

Then why are people quoting it?

Also Great Adventure has gotten Ka 2005 and Toro 2006. It would be stupid if another park gets the larger free spin model. Six Flags Great Adventure deserves the larger model (if it actually happens).