2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I never thought of this but both Great Adventure and Cedar Point are built alongside Great Lakes!

Yeah but you can't swim and lay on the beach on our Great Lake. LOL

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Railer, if you feel this site is so bad and one-sided - we invite you to leave. After all, we wouldn't want to expose you to too much of our "watered down crap". Besides, we could never reach the l

You didn't answer my question, but in a way I guess you did.   We get that you don't care anymore and nothing makes a difference. I have never seen anyone so passionate about something they could

Are you for real? Good thing they didn't get your TRex. Imagine what that would have done to your ecosystem. Or would that have been OK?   And by the way, that area is nowhere near wetlands.

Posted Images

Yeah but you can't swim and lay on the beach on our Great Lake. LOL

Our lake isn't very great. Nowadays it is used for only fireworks.

I believe he said it was a newsletter or at the construction tour

Like I said earlier. There was hotel talk at the joker construction tour however nothing was said about it coming. Actually it was basically 'a company needs to come to us and want to partner and build their hotel' or it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Think a lot needs to happen as far as year round entertainment in the area before a hotel makes sense. My friend works in Dave and busters corporate and said Jackson was brought up as one of many potentials now that there allowed in jersey. I don't see it making sense but you never know.

IMO, building an on-site hotel would be very, very foolish. The park is not a destination. It's just a regional amusement park, no more, no less.

• 1 month later...
icon_STOP2017 / 2018 - Justice League: Battle For Metropolis - Rumor - (5/20/16) Screamscape sources have confirmed that there are plans in place to build a Justice League dark ride for Six Flags Great Adventure, but it is all a matter of when... 2017 or 2018. I'm told that the previous plans were set for 2018, which would see it open in the Boardwalk area, in the old simulator ride building. This makes perfect sense for the location as well, since they used the same building at Six Flags over Texas for the first one, just by making an addition onto the building to make it a bit larger. Now things are up in the air as Six Flags looks to finalize all their plans by late June and early July, depending on how the various parks perform, and we'll have to wait and see if Justice League makes the jump to 2017 or not.

This was sent to me by my friend on skype, I'm not sure of the source; but I can see this becoming an attraction at the park. We also debated whether they will move Slingshot to make room for the entrance. It could be made next to the go-karts but its not a very great location, so theres a possibility that Slingshot will be moved elsewhere

Edited by Fgcassady

This was sent to me by my friend on skype, I'm not sure of the source; but I can see this becoming an attraction at the park. We also debated whether they will move Slingshot to make room for the entrance. It could be made next to the go-karts but its not a very great location, so theres a possibility that Slingshot will be moved elsewhere

The simulator building is also full of haunted attractions. Not really sure where they'd move those to.

It's always been the plan for us to get one. Out of most of the Park's with them, our's will prob be have the best setup, and location out of them all. Having a new "evolved" version of Justice League, next to two "somewhat" aging B&M's themed to "Superman" and the "Green Lantern", at the end of a large Games area is going to be very profitable addition for the Park. I also don't really see how they can add one, using the same setup with that same building without moving "Slingshot". That area will have to be the "Hall Of Justice" facade, and overflow que. And where i'm sure some merchandise cart's will go the 1st couple year's. But if they nail down the problem's with "Lighting Rod", and whatever the issue's are with the Launch System so they won't be repeated, i'm still holding on to next year being "Old Country/Movietown". Fred Graub only has about month left to figure it out lol.

From the survey I just got from Six Flags, it looks like all the parks will be getting the same thing next year, beards. They wanted to know if I thought facial hair (I'm assuming just on the male employees) was acceptable and if I felt it would be appropriate to finally allow it.

• Like 2

....facial hair (I'm assuming just on the male employees)...

LOL Now I have to explain to my office mate what I was laughing at.

I got a survey that was all about Fright Fest last week or the week before.

LOL Now I have to explain to my office mate what I was laughing at.

I got a survey that was all about Fright Fest last week or the week before.

Any chance you still have the link for that survey? I'd love to take it.

• Like 1

Well, well, well, look at what i found. I think it's only fitting it break's now since it's about a year since i've been saying it. But, like i've been saying, it's just another little piece of the puzzle. Park Journey supposedly has the location of 2017 at Great Adventure, and it's right where i say we get RMC's 1st T-Rex, "mobius" dueler.

https://twitter.com/park_journey?lang=en

They will NOT put a Justice League in Movietown. And Lightning Rod is done and open, all issues are worked out now, and not delaying anything but "Lightning Rod". But not getting into it with anyone still, really don't care. I just know i'm right, and i've been right, and now thing's will start to confirm i'm right. Just like i said they would start to confirm it as the time gets closer.

EDIT : And i back-up what i say with actions also. I've said before i'm not a Theme Park "mark", and take season's off. With what i know that's coming, and this year being no big deal (to me anyway) i'm not getting Passes for me and my kids, and not giving any money to Six Flags. I'll get them next year to a ride a "1st of it's kind". That's why they try to keep stuff like that secret.......

And i stated this last year, but i guess no one has memories, or choose not to remember. But remember when on numerous occasions i said "the Local of the Steel Workers Union know what's coming, since they have to book the job" way before the "official" announcement was made. Who was in that video signing the Joker's Track piece? But back to now, what's a T-Rex made of again? The job is booked already.

Edited by Railer

It seem's as that is the plan, and it has been the plan for just about a year now. The only thing i wasn't sure about was the problem's they were having with the LIM's, and if they would of caused a year delay or not. It don't seem they are. And knowing how SIx Flags operates they would not spend $$$ on a new Building for a "Justice League", when they already converted the same Simulator Building we have in another Park. And the fact that our SImulator Building is in a spot that would generate a ton of $$$ if they put a "Justice League" in it at the end of The Boardwalk next to "Superman" and "Green Lantern" Coasters is too perfect of a scenerio to pass up. They still won't even give us a path to get from Toro to Ka without going thru the Boardwalk, think they would pass up the chance to put a new attraction in that "land-locked" section of the Park? Movietown/Old Country will be "Gotham City", with a T-Rex as the new draw, and prob a new Resteraunt/Bar in the old Backlot Commisarry, and most likely a re-branding of Showcase Theater.

Well, well, well, look at what i found. I think it's only fitting it break's now since it's about a year since i've been saying it. But, like i've been saying, it's just another little piece of the puzzle. Park Journey supposedly has the location of 2017 at Great Adventure, and it's right where i say we get RMC's 1st T-Rex, "mobius" dueler.

https://twitter.com/park_journey?lang=en

This guy seriously just saw a pile of dirt and claimed it to be the 2017 site. (Not sure why he was back there, anyway. Harry - Were you guys directed through there when arriving for the media event? They drove us to the Joker on a shuttle when I got there)