2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Railer, if you feel this site is so bad and one-sided - we invite you to leave. After all, we wouldn't want to expose you to too much of our "watered down crap". Besides, we could never reach the l

You didn't answer my question, but in a way I guess you did.   We get that you don't care anymore and nothing makes a difference. I have never seen anyone so passionate about something they could

Are you for real? Good thing they didn't get your TRex. Imagine what that would have done to your ecosystem. Or would that have been OK?   And by the way, that area is nowhere near wetlands.

Posted Images

There are two trains of thought when it comes to major additions being on the cheaper side.

One line if thinking is that with less money invested initially (and the public seeing said investment as very large), the park can quickly invest more in additional "major" rides as they didn't pour that money into the first investment.

Another line of thinking goes that being that the public still sees the initial investment as a major one (comparable in scale to Nitro, El Toro), the park can market that investment similarly to a $20+ million ride without needing (or wanting to) invest further in the following year(s) as the public reacts to this $7 million ride comparably to a $20 million ride.

Six Flags follows the latter train of thought, as we've seen repeatedly. Take from that what you will.

There are two trains of thought when it comes to major additions being on the cheaper side.

One line if thinking is that with less money invested initially (and the public seeing said investment as very large), the park can quickly invest more in additional "major" rides as they didn't pour that money into the first investment.

Another line of thinking goes that being that the public still sees the initial investment as a major one (comparable in scale to Nitro, El Toro), the park can market that investment similarly to a $20+ million ride without needing (or wanting to) invest further in the following year(s) as the public reacts to this $7 million ride comparably to a $20 million ride.

Six Flags follows the latter train of thought, as we've seen repeatedly. Take from that what you will.

Judging by the average line for The Joker, I don't think people are comparing it to Nitro/El Toro.

I have a hard time imagining Six Flags constructing a show building from scratch on the Chiller site when they can (and probably will) convert the old simulator building in the next few years.

Edit: Besides that, the writing on the wall is there for JL going to Magic Mountain and Over Georgia, and SF corporate has been building two JL's per year so far.

Edited by gencx

If I was calling the shots I would spend 20 million on a major expansion for HH. Bet you guys are glad I'm not calling the shots.

Yeah but that wouldn't be the first time six flags built a whole new building when the park already had a building like ours

What project are you referring to?

While Great America may have constructed a new building for their version (but I'm not sure) the ones at both Over Texas and St. Louis were built within existing buildings.

Great America had another building that they coulve put it in but they build a whole new building. Watch coaster studios 2016 SF lineup and see him explain that they have another building but decided to build a whole new one, also looking at the space its a perfect size for a JL dark ride building and a perfect place since there's a Justice League store right next to it already

It certainly could happen, but I personally doubt it will. Also, coaster studios isn't the most reliable source, so take anything he says with a couple grains of salt.

If I'm wrong come August, you can come serve me a plate of humble pie. :)

I just watched a "TIme Lapse" vid of the last JL Installation. After watching it, the Building they used look's to prob be cheaper to put up, than to re-furbish a Smulator Building. Just a Steel Barn basiacally on a slab. But then in Movietown we would have 2 "big grey box" behomoth's right next to each other. Would look horrible, and they lose all the $$$ from the Games not putting it on the Boardwalk.

I just watched a "TIme Lapse" vid of the last JL Installation. After watching it, the Building they used look's to prob be cheaper to put up, than to re-furbish a Smulator Building. Just a Steel Barn basiacally on a slab. But then in Movietown we would have 2 "big grey box" behomoth's right next to each other. Would look horrible, and they lose all the $$$ from the Games not putting it on the Boardwalk.

Valid point but keep in mind that the JL building is designed and stuff so it wouldn't resemble the dark knight. Also they would have to move slingshot and/or remove bumper cars so it would be SK Mich cheaper to make a whole new building but I agree that it would be a waste of space that has high potential.

Valid point but keep in mind that the JL building is designed and stuff so it wouldn't resemble the dark knight. Also they would have to move slingshot and/or remove bumper cars so it would be SK Mich cheaper to make a whole new building but I agree that it would be a waste of space that has high potential.

Until you do a cost/benefit analysis nobody here knows which is actually less expensive short and long term. And removing go-karts is a common trend in parks these days, so I wouldn't use that as a deterrent.

The old simulator building isn't just used for the two terror trails. The back is storage and the complete left side of the building, which was added on to since the days when it was used as a ride, is used by the games dept today for prize storage.

• Like 1