2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Just cause everyone predicts it doesn't mean it's happening.

A TREX would actually bring me back to SFGAdv. A JL dark ride would not.

Oohh that's good! Well see you in a couple of years then! Jk, but I really don't think 2017 is our year for yet another coaster, I'm leaning towards the JL mainly cuz in the past 5 years we've gotten what, 3 flats? One of which was advertised as a coaster. And twister was renovated. I'd rather see some flats but a JL makes sense to me cuz of the size of land we have and cuz we are a huge major SF park without a dark ride.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Railer, if you feel this site is so bad and one-sided - we invite you to leave. After all, we wouldn't want to expose you to too much of our "watered down crap". Besides, we could never reach the l

You didn't answer my question, but in a way I guess you did.   We get that you don't care anymore and nothing makes a difference. I have never seen anyone so passionate about something they could

Are you for real? Good thing they didn't get your TRex. Imagine what that would have done to your ecosystem. Or would that have been OK?   And by the way, that area is nowhere near wetlands.

Posted Images

With the exception of Chiller, Old Country was a flat ride area. I would enjoy a good flat package filling that area in. Someone mentioned an Enterprise, That would be awesome. I know flats aren't high thrill but I think flats would be perfect.

Everyone keeps calling for more shows. To have a new loud coaster in that area would take away form any shows in the theater.

What if next year's new addition is a new kids area? Especially if it means removing the LTSP/Safari Kids area and building a new area along the lake behind Yum Yum (basically expanding the LTNP area to be one central kids area). It would be a big win, moving all the kids stuff into one central area and open up a big new area for future development...

What if next year's new addition is a new kids area? Especially if it means removing the LTSP/Safari Kids area and building a new area along the lake behind Yum Yum (basically expanding the LTNP area to be one central kids area). It would be a big win, moving all the kids stuff into one central area and open up a big new area for future development...

I agree with that but its doubtful, the really should put something behind that factory because its a very dead area, there's never anyone there

I'd selfishly be upset if this were the case, but it would indeed open up a lot of room in the future so I'd be happy about that.

With the exception of Chiller, Old Country was a flat ride area. I would enjoy a good flat package filling that area in. Someone mentioned an Enterprise, That would be awesome. I know flats aren't high thrill but I think flats would be perfect.

Everyone keeps calling for more shows. To have a new loud coaster in that area would take away form any shows in the theater.

That's what I'm thinking. Flat rides would bring me back as well. I'm a huge Disney fan and their dark rides are miles better than what I've seen of JL. I wouldn't bother with a crappy dark ride.

Flats would be cool, especially a HUSS frisbee.

EDIT: Adding flats in Old Country would be a good way to revive that area and pave the way for a new coaster in the future

Edited by Zash

Would one fit in the open area where the grandstand used to be? That could give the effect you describe

If flats were scattered throughout the park it would make it more likely for a new coaster to eventually go in Old Country.

For those of you doubting the clout and energy of a JL:BFM ride, I think you are miscalculating. The rides are very popular, and generally enliven the areas they sit in very much. I think it would easily brighten up Old Country or anywhere else it ends up.

^ I have no doubt it's a fun ride and I wouldn't mind seeing it in the future, I just think plopping down another generic show building in the Old Country area would be a waste of potential for that space. I feel like that area is much better suited for the flat rides or a coaster.

Edited by RC98

I just got a survey from Six Flags and one section was talking about a spinning ride with no 2 rides alike. Sounds very similar to Ragin' Cajun at SFA???

http://rcdb.com/6765.htm

It is a family (but somewhat thrilling) coaster which I have been on with my daughter. The segment seemed to be describing this type of ride.

That could fit easily into chiller's spot and they can add a few more flat rides to open that section of the park.

But that will leave us no room for a larger coaster???

I just got a survey from Six Flags and one section was talking about a spinning ride with no 2 rides alike. Sounds very similar to Ragin' Cajun at SFA???

Lol so we'd had 2 Wild Mouse coaster right next to each other? Lol I'm gonna say they're thinking of adding that ride to a different park.

Can you link is the survey?

Guys, maybe flat rides have to wait until 2018 or 2019 due to TREX on 2018, 2017 is JL dark ride, 2018 is TREX I hope, and 2019 is DC Super Friends Area, flat rides, HH expansion, Bugs Bunny Boomtown, and new shows like War on Rides 1999.

I know we're all excited and spewing ideas randomly is fun but I don't think you have any idea what kind of budget Six Flags parks are limited to. The only parks that could afford an expansion anywhere near this would be Cedar Point and Carowinds as part of their $50 million plan. Great Adventure's budget is microscopic compared to those two.

Lol so we'd had 2 Wild Mouse coaster right next to each other? Lol I'm gonna say they're thinking of adding that ride to a different park.

Can you link is the survey?

https://feedback.sixflags.com/AdvisoryPanel/startsurvey.aspx?s=NEWS2016&e=robertleax%40yahoo.com&utm_source=surveyemails&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:&utm_campaign=2016-07%20Newsletter%20Headline%20Survey%20(2nd%20Group)

Try this.

I know it is close the TDK, but with it being outside, and the way it spins, it feels like a different experience; especially the last half of the ride.

That survey has nothing to do with attractions. It was about their newsletter and that spinning coaster happened to be one of the snippets they used.