2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Railer, if you feel this site is so bad and one-sided - we invite you to leave. After all, we wouldn't want to expose you to too much of our "watered down crap". Besides, we could never reach the l

You didn't answer my question, but in a way I guess you did.   We get that you don't care anymore and nothing makes a difference. I have never seen anyone so passionate about something they could

Are you for real? Good thing they didn't get your TRex. Imagine what that would have done to your ecosystem. Or would that have been OK?   And by the way, that area is nowhere near wetlands.

Posted Images

^ Yes, that's what I was getting at.

My post was directed at robert's, I didn't see yours until after.

Yeah but why would they have a spinning coaster there and not something in the park

Forget about the spinning coaster! It's just a hypothetical example article they came up with. This same survey probably went to every park.

I know we would not get one and it is a survey for every park but it just got my mind thinking about a medium size coaster in general. We have Nitro and Batman over on that side, both more towards the extreme side of coasters; then we have TDK which is an indoor coaster.. in the dark... which some children might not like or even try (my wife closes her EYES on that ride! WHY?).

A family style coaster could be an answer for that side of the park... We have RMT on one side and Harley in the middle.

I would rather have a large thrilling coaster ride there but since I took the survey it just got my mind thinking if a family style coaster would be a good fit there. So I was not thinking we would get "Ragin Cajun" there but since so many people seem to be thinking either a large coaster or a flat package it seemed that no one brought up (from what I remember reading...but could be wrong) having a medium size coaster in that spot.

Just another option for GADV. Between cost and trying to get more families back into the park with family rides... Not just kiddie rides and extreme rides.

But they still need more shows for entire families.

My nephew is pertified of TDK but oddly enjoyed Skull Mtn. We haven't gotten a mild kiddie coaster that appeals to children in a long time and we all know great advebture is a family park. Well definstley get a kid area sometime in the future maybe 2020

My nephew is pertified of TDK but oddly enjoyed Skull Mtn. We haven't gotten a mild kiddie coaster that appeals to children in a long time and we all know great advebture is a family park. Well definstley get a kid area sometime in the future maybe 2020

TDK is borderline a kiddie coaster. It's just a faster wild mouse.

I just found an old drawing that was posted here, way back in 2014 that is probably more relavent now than any of us know. And on another note, Legoland is looking to have a new Resort open by 2019-2020, an hr and a half above Manhattan, and 2.5hrs from Philly. Some serious competition will be good thing for Guest's, they will have to "Go Big" to compete. That is a big chunk of out Guest's that will be going to Legoland with a 250 Room Motel, to start with. They are buying 500 Acres, and will open with 150 Developed.

gallery_3855_995_171489.jpg

Edited by Railer

I feel like no matter what information (or lack of) comes out we don't make any progress with speculation. It's all just "I think I want this" and when evidence suggests otherwise it's entirely disregarded. I'm just going to stay out of it to wait and see.

• Like 3

^ Great Adventure is not going to regain any lost visits to Legoland by adding a "Go Big" roller coaster. Two totally different market segments.

If a Legoland open's within driving distance, it will take Guest's from us. I was and still am surprised at how much land "Legoland" are planning to buy. 500 acre's is alot. But they said they will only purchase the land in that Town, if the Town is 100% with them on the Project. I'm sure there will be some opposition, have to watch and see how it all plays out.

Edited by Railer

And i consider "Zumanjaro" as "Big", got us a Record with it. And it cost alot more than they originally planned on also. Do we have a final number on "Zumanjaro's" price tag? Just curious, but i'm sure with all the support's that were added to the Tower, plus the ride itself, had to have been ten's of Million's, but under 20. Think that's a good guess if "The Joker" is 7mil.

Six Flags FUN! - You do not need to restate your belief that we are getting a Justice League ride each time someone replies to this and other topics. We are all aware of where you stand as far as the 2017 addition. Thanks.

• Like 4

I don't think next year for "JL", 2018. Someone mentioned a few post's back about all our Speculation, but if it's evidence you want, all the real evidence we have had point's to a T-Rex. I just have bot been saying it much lately, because i have heard nothing new, but that in itself is something if you want to read into it. And after last year, and how the Park reacted after blowing "Total Mayhem" for them, i am. But the main thing is the Survey that showed us the "Dueler" T-Rex with a layout that would fit almost exactly the area around the "Old Country", starting out where "Chiller" was. The fact that they surveyed all the land where the Track's would run, in the Wooded area along the Parking Lot Fence (the upper course in that old layout i just posted). All that area was just surveyed at the start of last year (I posted the pics the day they were doing it last year) and all inside the "Old Country" was already surveyed, and marked out before that for the Fence. Then it finally got out that "Chiller" was already removed, and how quiet they wanted it kept knowing it would fuel the T-Rex speculation if it got out back then. But that is about all we really have this year so far. The only evidence of anything, is a T-Rex. I mean, i would love it if we got what that layout showed. It would "fix" all the issues "Chiller" had, and finally realize that concept, and replace something we did for many, many, year's and lost. The racing on "Rolling Thunder". With one ride, it would really bring alot back to us, more than any other one ride would. But if it looked like something else was coming, i would be stating that, but the little we have had this year, does point to a T-Rex.

Edited by Railer