2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Railer, if you feel this site is so bad and one-sided - we invite you to leave. After all, we wouldn't want to expose you to too much of our "watered down crap". Besides, we could never reach the l

You didn't answer my question, but in a way I guess you did.   We get that you don't care anymore and nothing makes a difference. I have never seen anyone so passionate about something they could

Are you for real? Good thing they didn't get your TRex. Imagine what that would have done to your ecosystem. Or would that have been OK?   And by the way, that area is nowhere near wetlands.

Posted Images

If a Legoland open's within driving distance, it will take Guest's from us. I was and still am surprised at how much land "Legoland" are planning to buy. 500 acre's is alot. But they said they will only purchase the land in that Town, if the Town is 100% with them on the Project. I'm sure there will be some opposition, have to watch and see how it all plays out.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Legoland mainly for kids? I don't think it would take away from six flags overall if it's mainly for kids since that's not six flags demographic anyway

I think their target age range is 3 to 10 or 12. The largest coasters most of the parks have is a Wild Mouse and Florida's version even removed a spinning mouse and larger wooden coaster when the park changed from Cypress Gardens to Legoland.

For the question about the "Dueler", yeah the layout was VERY similar to "Twisted Colussus", and had some of the same element's shown in the RMC T-Rex Animation (what GA showed was the exact same animation RMC used on their T-Rex vid, but 6 months before they announced the T-rex) But instead of the "overbank's" for direction changes like on "TC", on the Dueler they were interlocking Dive Loop's that got the direction changes on the two back turns that would get it running along the Parking Lot Fence, and then the turn to get it heading back to the Station. And on the stretch that would run along the Parking Lot Fence, was an "in-line" over the other Track instead of a Stall like on "TC". But instead of Lift's it was Launches and if the Station was in Chiller's Spot, they would go thru the Observatory, before hitting overbank's on that first turn after going thru the Observatory. Then the Track's crossed over each other a couple time's "dueling" along the stretch before the Dive Loop's and the rest of the course. Then one Track went into the Break Run, and the other went thru the Station and the second Launch to run the course on the other side, "mobius" style. So Six Flags knew about the T-Rex at least 6 month's before it was announced, and if they were showing an Animation 6month's before it was announced, they had to of known about it at least a few month's before that. That's why i think they developed it together, as a way for Six Flag's to start making 200ft Steel Coaster's again, for half the price. And if they make a launcher, it would even be cheaper without all that height. That's why i think it is a likely option. Someone is getting a T-Rex in the Chain somewhere for 2017.

Edited by Railer

Did six flags tease the 2016 addition? Like I know that they posted clues for eldiablo but did they do the same for the joker?

Yes they did, but not quite publicly in the same way that they did for Diablo.

So what kinda height u thinking we would get. I'm all about drops. 200 would be fine .

The focus of the coaster in the animation was not on height. Think something like Maverick, where it's fast-paced and close to the ground, but even without the first lifthill & drop.

If they did do the "Dueler", it would compliment our collection perfectly, and be totally different than anything we currently have. And it's another reason it seem's plausable. We have the "Tallest in the World" still with "Kingda Ka", and "Nitro" at over 200ft. If they went bigger than "Nitro" with something like a "Fury 325", it would make "Nitro" obsolete and kill it's appeal, it would make it "secondary" instead of one of our "Big 3" Coaster's. A launcher with Innversion's would be a great compliment to our collection, as would another Woodie. I still think it's just wild that in the whole History of the Park we have only had 2 Woodies (3 if count the Tracks seperate on Rolling Thunder) but i think a Wood Coaster on that side of the Park would be a great fit as well. And one of those new RMC Compact Wood designs would fit in the "Chiller/Musik Express" spot also.

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post, but i wanted the time stamp to be current with the News that it look's like the 1st Sign of 2017 has shown up today. A load of what is being called "Flat pieces of Steel" and a whole lot of Wooden Fencing is coming into the Employee Lot over by "Nitro". With it being dropped off there, "Old Country" is where it's going whatever it's for. And i am really happy with how early it is coming, mean's it's big, or it will be alot of work.

If they did do the "Dueler", it would compliment our collection perfectly, and be totally different than anything we currently have. And it's another reason it seem's plausable. We have the "Tallest in the World" still with "Kingda Ka", and "Nitro" at over 200ft. If they went bigger than "Nitro" with something like a "Fury 325", it would make "Nitro" obsolete and kill it's appeal, it would make it "secondary" instead of one of our "Big 3" Coaster's

I never understood why Carowinds and Canada's Wonderland added B&M Giga coasters just a few years after each added hyper coasters. I could maybe understand if they were different like a B&M Hyper and Intamin Giga but wouldn't want to see Great Adventure get a B&M Giga (even though it already seems very unlikely with the cost) when they could get something something completely different from what the park already has.

I first saw the word flat and thought flat rides. Phew hopefulky this means trex.i would love a giga as I never been on one. Nitro wouldn't get overlooked would just give us a top 4.tho I'm fine with a trex if that'd what we end up going. In a few years I wonder where they would put the next coaster as they are running out of room

Anyone know when the JL rides started getting built the last few years? Was it early like this? If they weren't until later than a trex is really starting to look possible!

How's the park running out of room? They still have a ton of land.

Edited by Sluggo77

Sorry for the double post, but i wanted the time stamp to be current with the News that it look's like the 1st Sign of 2017 has shown up today. A load of what is being called "Flat pieces of Steel" and a whole lot of Wooden Fencing is coming into the Employee Lot over by "Nitro". With it being dropped off there, "Old Country" is where it's going whatever it's for. And i am really happy with how early it is coming, mean's it's big, or it will be alot of work.

As in pieces for track for a coaster or pieces of steel for the side of a building? Did you see this?

This was from the Connoisseurs group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sfgadvconnoisseurs/permalink/905501389558821/

Two truckloads of kind of flat steel being unloaded at the park today in the maintenance area near Nitro. Also a bunch of wooden fencing. Hmmm?

No sign it's for 2017. No indication it's going to Old Country. I'd also say "a whole lot" is exaggerating what was originally described as "a bunch."

As in pieces for track for a coaster or pieces of steel for the side of a building? Did you see this?

It's just came up on Social Media, and other's then commented on it saying they have seen it today also. I am not really sure at this point. The "JL" Building they just put up has corrugated wall's, not flat ones. I need Pics, could tell what they are used for if I saw them.

And my thinking is that if they are putting thing's over by "Nitro", they wouldn't be ending up being used say by "The Fort", they would put them then in the Eploration Station Lot, or anywhere over there on that side of the Lot. The new stuff is Prob near where they stored "Total Myhem's" Part's for that couple month's they sat back there, out of the way.

Edited by Railer

That's what i was thinking, but "Flat Steel" just don't sound like Fencing to me. But who know's with the person that posted it, and how they interpret thing's they see lol.

I agree, but the only thing working against that is they said they spotted them going up "Nitro's" Lift. Looking down on piled Fence Section's they wouldn't appear as Solid Pieces Of Steel, you would see the Chain Link from that angle looking down on them.

Why? Were you Hyped up we had Fences? If everyone seem's to be ruling out that they are Fences. Flat pieces of Steel are used sometimes to make Footer Boxes for the Cement, but Park's usually make their own out of Wood reinforced with Steel rebar. I'd have to see how big the Steel pieces are. They are scared to take a pic of them going up "Nitro" lol.

Why? Were you Hyped up we had Fences? If everyone seem's to be ruling out that they are Fences. Flat pieces of Steel are used sometimes to make Footer Boxes for the Cement, but Park's usually make their own out of Wood reinforced with Steel rebar. I'd have to see how big the Steel pieces are. They are scared to take a pic of them going up "Nitro" lol.

I was hyped cuz u made it seem like we're for sure getting the RMC, maybe we are and everyone else is wrong about the fences but idk reall .