2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Railer, if you feel this site is so bad and one-sided - we invite you to leave. After all, we wouldn't want to expose you to too much of our "watered down crap". Besides, we could never reach the l

You didn't answer my question, but in a way I guess you did.   We get that you don't care anymore and nothing makes a difference. I have never seen anyone so passionate about something they could

Are you for real? Good thing they didn't get your TRex. Imagine what that would have done to your ecosystem. Or would that have been OK?   And by the way, that area is nowhere near wetlands.

Posted Images

What is your source? Seems low.

First i found this https://purecoaster.com/2015/04/12/3-reasons-to-be-excited-for-justice-league-battle-for-metropolis/ and wrote the Post/

But then i found this http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1588554

Neither of them are "official", and a little conflicting. I know those Building's cost nothing to a Theme Park's usual attraction Cost's. Steel Buildings like that cost between $16-$20 a sq Ft. If it is a 20,000 sq ft they have, it cost between $320,000 to $400,000 for the Building. Depending on what the Ride System Cost, the Projector's and Screen's, and all themeing. 7 to 10mil don't sound that far off for what it is. Only two Animatronics and and the biggest any Screen's are on a "JL" are the two 30ft curved ones at the end.

I don't get the "hate" from clones, Batman's a clone, so is superman and TDK and they're all good clones, oh and eldiablo. Eventually well get a actually unique RMC. You only look at the bad, look at how far great adventure has gotten! Its truely an amazing park, we don't need a unique coaster every year and btwwww the joker is an amazing ride

No hate on clones that are a bit different, but when we're nearly the flagship park and we keep getting clones, it get's a bit tiring. I would be super excited if we got a Full Throttle clone, with a loop a bit bigger so we'd have the record for worlds tallest loop, (even if it didn't have that, I'd still be happy because it's a real roller coaster). MM keeps getting these crazy rides, and we just keep getting leftovers (GL), bad rides (GL & El Diablo), and clones (Zumanjaro & Joker, both of which I have no problem with, but they are clones).

No hate on clones that are a bit different, but when we're nearly the flagship park and we keep getting clones, it get's a bit tiring. I would be super excited if we got a Full Throttle clone, with a loop a bit bigger so we'd have the record for worlds tallest loop, (even if it didn't have that, I'd still be happy because it's a real roller coaster). MM keeps getting these crazy rides, and we just keep getting leftovers (GL), bad rides (GL & El Diablo), and clones (Zumanjaro & Joker, both of which I have no problem with, but they are clones).

Yeah, MM will always be spoiled and stuff which sucks a lot!! But we don't need to be 100% unique to be a great park

Ga is nowhere near the flagship park. Mm has that and it's not even close. Ga is prolly the 2nd best

Actually we have been considered the flagship in the past. Our attendance is basically even with SFMM as highest in the chain despite being open fewer months out of the year. Despite less crazy coaster additions compared to SFMM over the last few years, we do get spoiled in other ways and still have one of the best coaster lineups in the world.

Edited by Nitro1118
  • Like 4

We get spoiled by getting clones that other parks get. Please great adventure is nowhere near mm.

You're right. GAdv is better than MM. Quantity doesn't always mean quality. Save for Full Throttle, X2, Tatsu and Twisted Colossus, Great Adventure has much better rides.

Edited by gencx

We get spoiled by getting clones that other parks get. Please great adventure is nowhere near mm.

El Toro/Nitro/KK is better than any big 3 SFMM can put up. We actually provably got a better flat collection and we have a MASSIVE safari which is unique to almost any park in the world. Operations-wise we also crush SFMM.

SFMM does get spoiled with sheer number of coasters, but we do have one of the very best collections in the world, do get pretty big additions at a steady rate, we are generally more well-liked and our attendance is even with SFMM despite smaller schedule. There is a reason we were going to get a resort hotel right before Premier went under. We are certainly a co-flagship park with SFMM.

• Like 2

My opinion is that a "JL" will be Great in our Park, fill's a big void that has never been filled. The only Dark Ride that i know of that we ever even came close to having was the "Wizard Of Oz" one, and the other's in the original concept. It's just the location that really is going to screw thing's up for the future, and no matter how you look at it, they are "leaving Money on the Table" by not putting it in the Games Section. Unless there is some unknown reason why it couldn't go into our Sim Building, i can not understand the logic of where it look's to be going. And i bet after a year or two Fitzgerald is gone from GA as Park President for this move if it is true that Corporate wanted in the Sim Building, and he didn't because we don't have many "large Building's in the Park's infastructure.

• Like 1

How do we know corporate wanted it in the Sim building? They haven't even confirmed that we are getting a JL yet. How do we know that it's still not going in the sim building? That could just be extra building pieces for an addition on to the Sim building.

I heard it from someone that has always seemed pretty knowlegeable about what is going in the Park, and i trust what he says. But no, of course' it's not "offical", but he has not given me any reason to not believe him. And like i said quite a few times now, and will again, that the large Archway Roof Pieces for the Building are further back from where all the other Steel is being stored. If it was just for an addition, they wouldn't need those huge pieces, and they most likely would have all that Steel stored in the Parking Lot by the Boardwalk, or in the big area behind "Twister". But i am letting Corporate know how i feel, and reminding them how much Money the Park is going to lose by not putting a new "anything" in at the end of the Games, when they have the perfect opportunity to put one in the Sim Building. And reminding Corporate that along the walk from the entrance to "Chiller's Spot there are NO option's for Guest Spending what so ever along the Pathway that gets to the new Attraction. From my MANY Year's in big Companies, and Corporation's, the one way to get their attention, is to tell them they are losing Money or missing an opportunity to make more Money. And that is exactly what i am doing, from quite a few diff E-Mail's add's. And if it is true that they wanted it in the Sim Building, hopefully they will listen.

Edited by Railer

My opinion is that a "JL" will be Great in our Park, fill's a big void that has never been filled. The only Dark Ride that i know of that we ever even came close to having was the "Wizard Of Oz" one, and the other's in the original concept. It's just the location that really is going to screw thing's up for the future, and no matter how you look at it, they are "leaving Money on the Table" by not putting it in the Games Section. Unless there is some unknown reason why it couldn't go into our Sim Building, i can not understand the logic of where it look's to be going. And i bet after a year or two Fitzgerald is gone from GA as Park President for this move if it is true that Corporate wanted in the Sim Building, and he didn't because we don't have many "large Building's in the Park's infastructure.

You keep saying they are leaving money on the table, but I don't see it. Whatever money they lose by not putting it by the games will be made up through increasing traffic to a completely dead area of the park. This includes the shops and food places that already exist in Movietown, and if they build any more to go with this addition. They may also intend on adding new shows to the theater, which a JL ride would certainly bring traffic to.

I just don't see the Boardwalk games as such a huge money pit to be the deal-breaker you think they are. Especially since it is such a heavily congested area already.

What makes OC a bad fit, to me, is it leaves RT's footprint as the only logical location for a new coaster. Any other spot would include major removals or relocations. Considering how coaster/traffic heavy that side of the park is, that is a problem.

Old Country used to have a games area and walking through that path during Holiday in the Park it looked like some games like a basketball game were still there. If the park does get the dark ride and it goes in that spot, they could just reopen those games or put new ones in the same location if the games still there are in bad condition after not being used for almost 10 years.

• Like 1

I heard it from someone that has always seemed pretty knowlegeable about what is going in the Park, and i trust what he says. But no, of course' it's not "offical", but he has not given me any reason to not believe him. And like i said quite a few times now, and will again, that the large Archway Roof Pieces for the Building are further back from where all the other Steel is being stored. If it was just for an addition, they wouldn't need those huge pieces, and they most likely would have all that Steel stored in the Parking Lot by the Boardwalk, or in the big area behind "Twister". But i am letting Corporate know how i feel, and reminding them how much Money the Park is going to lose by not putting a new "anything" in at the end of the Games, when they have the perfect opportunity to put one in the Sim Building. And reminding Corporate that along the walk from the entrance to "Chiller's Spot there are NO option's for Guest Spending what so ever along the Pathway that gets to the new Attraction. From my MANY Year's in big Companies, and Corporation's, the one way to get their attention, is to tell them they are losing Money or missing an opportunity to make more Money. And that is exactly what i am doing, from quite a few diff E-Mail's add's. And if it is true that they wanted it in the Sim Building, hopefully they will listen.

Agreed that they would probably see a bit more games revenue in 2017 if they placed this attraction on the Boardwalk. But, like anything, there's an opportunity cost -- as soon as they put JL there, they can't put another attraction there. Who's to say that they won't use the same space for an attraction in 2018 or 2019 that will draw even more people to the area?

Also, just curious, what are these emails you're sending? And to whom?

So on end we have people who complain the park is full of up-charges and cost too much, and on the other end we have someone who feels the park isn't profiting enough from guests and upset that they aren't taking the opportunity to soak in more of their money. The park doesn't stand a chance to win!

Agreed that they would probably see a bit more games revenue in 2017 if they placed this attraction on the Boardwalk. But, like anything, there's an opportunity cost -- as soon as they put JL there, they can't put another attraction there. Who's to say that they won't use the same space for an attraction in 2018 or 2019 that will draw even more people to the area?

Also, just curious, what are these emails you're sending? And to whom?

What could they possibly put in the sim building spot? Another Twister?

I'm in the camp that thinks it would be fantastic to add JL in chillers spot then maybe another cheap and dopey flat or 2 in OC. Would love if they added a second Tango lol. Restart some kind of daily or weekend show in arena as well as showcase. Open shops and snacks. Bring back the good life to that horribly dead area.

Edited by IBOK

For the one Post a couple back, yea, there will be the new Traffic going into a what was a "dead" section of the Park, and alot of new Guest Traffic over there.............walking down a long with not a single place to spend Money at. So tell me how then the Park will make Money off all the new Traffic that will be going from the Fountain to "Chiller's" spot when there is no place to spend it? Yeah, the "JL" Shop will get a boost, and whatever they end up doing with the "HBO Backlot" as new Resteraunt. And maybe even if they re-furb the Couple "Old Country" Shop's along the Fence, in no way will it make as much of it would have at the end of the Games Section no matter what they do. Only thing that may offset that is if they put in a huge Retail/Games in the "Autobahn".

. And it's not that i'm complaining that the park is not making enough Money, i do want them to do good though, as the better they do, the better the Guest Experience should be. It's just the line of thinking that a "JL" in Movietown show's they have to me. I know if i was running thing's at the Park, the Guest would be #1. Me knowing how easy it would be for them to make the Guest Experience alot better for Parent's with Small Kids opening up some of those Old Path's to make getting around that huge side of the Park alot easier (and HH, and especially there as a Parent in a Water Park going on Slides, as you don't have the Kids in a Stroller) Now i know the Games suffered because of those Path's being open, and that's why they closed them up, to get more Traffic in the Games, and it worked. But now they finally have a chance for a new attraction in the Games area, that is a perfect match for the area next to those two Coaster's. Now with me running thing's i would say "hey, here's chance for a new Ride in that spot, to where the Guest's Traffic will get such a boost, we can open up an old Path finally, and make the Guest's day easier. Maybe that extra 15min walk that we are eliminating for them, will allow that Guest who comes once a year, to get that one last ride in on a Coaster they never rode before". That would be high up on my list of "plusses" of putting a JL" over there, probably the #1 thing actually if i held true to keeping the Guest first. That's why the only "pass" i will give them on this move, is if there is some sort of reason they could not do it the Simulator Building. But with what i learned now on how cheap those new Building's actually are, i think i see exactly why they chose "Chiller". For them to re-move/re-locate "Slingshot", plus the cost of changing the Sim Building over, i bet the $320,000 they are spending on that new Building is alot cheaper than doing all that to the "Boardwalk". So they just chose the Cheap option.

Edited by Railer

Assuming it is JL and assuming it is going on chillers spot, as a guest looking for the good experience I would much rather have OC and movie town improved vs a rehab sim building become a new ride. We essentially get a whole new wing of the park with room for some cool flats vs a new ride in an area that's already established. We all spend our money there as we see fit to begin with, putting JL there certainly wouldn't get me to spend more. However opening a whole newish section would get better attendance coming in hence more money coming in and perhaps more money to spend on a big coaster next year. I remember reading about fitz wanting to solve the dead areas awhile back. This year the lake area got improved, hopefully next year OC/ movie gets improved. Think there are still areas a new coaster could be integrated without much overhaul.

Edited by IBOK