29yrswithaGApass

New 2016 Dining/Plan Features & Guide

^^ And all the new Sponsor's in the area along with it. I'm starting to have the feeling we'll get the temp Merchandise "container" Stand over there somewhere. The ones they pulled out for "Bizarro" and the "Green Lantern" on the opening year's. I'm actually OK with them being in that section of the Park. I hope they keep most of the "Lakefront" as is, and just the beauty of the Lake is the centerpiece.

My brother is looking for the nutritional information of some of the food. Do you know where he could find that?

Edited by YoungPup

Here are a few of the new dining options this season. Whether they will be included in the 2016 Dining Plan remains to be seen.

gallery_2_35_29949.jpg

gallery_2_35_25570.jpg

gallery_2_35_59441.jpg

If I had to guess, Go Fresh Cafe - Nitro is the old Captain Jacks (Load it Up), Sky Bar is the old Chicago Shootut, and Villain's Cafe is the old Aqua Snacks.

I was three for three! I should at least win a free refill in my unlimited refill sports bottle!

It's good they added more machines, but the new ones are located too close to the previous ones. I'd rather see them at the Best of the West or Macho Nacho Burritos.

It's good they added more machines, but the new ones are located too close to the previous ones. I'd rather see them at the Best of the West or Macho Nacho Burritos.

totally agree. when I was on the joker construction tour yesterday, we asked, and they only mentioned the new sky bar. do what I do. everytime you get a survey, add it. eventually they will get the hint. I talked to a buddy of mine up at sfne, in 2015 they had 5 machines. I talked to a friend that goes to ceda point they have like 18 machines he said. time for sfgadv to add them everywhere. especially everybody has the sports bottles

I like the addition of some of the snack items, especially Rita's.

Glad I bought it at the end of last season (before HITP). Will definitely pay for itself.

Edited by robertleax

I like the addition of some of the snack items, especially Rita's.

Same. Takis are also an awesome addition. But yea, Ritas will be awesome on a hot day.

Edited by YoungPup

I was hoping for Rita's custard as well. :(

The milkshakes will be nice though. And Root Bear Floats. And Nachos. And everything else.

Oh, and new taco mac and cheese?!?!

Edited by Matt Kaiser
  • Like 1

^ That sounds interesting!

This is my first year with a season pass and I'm certainly glad I added on the dining pass. The amount of choices seems great, and there's stuff I didn't even know they had like the mac and cheese bowls and root beer floats haha

Edited by RC98

^ That sounds interesting!

This is my first year with a season pass and I'm certainly glad I added on the dining pass. The amount of choices seems great, and there's stuff I didn't even know they had like the mac and cheese bowls and root beer floats haha

Same here about the dining pass, I've only had a season pass about ten years ago and didn't really take advantage of it. Really looking forward to next weekend. Can't get here quick enough.

My first dining pass was last year. I'm torn on it. It was great to be able to get something to eat without worrying about paying for it. On the other hand, I didn't eat much more than a snack before so I didn't take time out for a meal. The dining pass has eaten into my ride time.

When I was young it wouldn't have mattered much. I would be spending the entire day in the park. Now when I have to plan around my wife and kids I don't get to the park until later in the day and while they are taking their time eating I'm anxious to get out and get on line for the next ride.

In 2014 I only used it for lunch most of the times since I usually left the park by 3pm. Last year I put it on my daughter's card since we went most of the time together; however she had a boyfriend and they ended up going together to the park using it. So when I went to the park with my son, we ended up either buying lunch or bringing lunch. In the fall of last year I put the plan back on my card!

The park sent me some photos from today of the new Go Fresh Cafe location and Sky Bar:

K44E2TU.jpg

"Veggie Burgers" but on the dining plan, the only burger I saw was a black bean burger, are they counting that as a veggie burger?

All I know is that this is the second year I've had the season dining pass...and the choices look better than last year. I like a lot of the different snack options and even the lunch/dinner options are better. Thankfully they took off all of the darn upcharge items, because that was annoying at Johnny Rockets & other locations. I'm excited over the Fried Oreos, Rita's and the Nacho Chips & Cheese being part of the snacks. Those will def. be useful when I'm not that hungry but just want a small nibble of something. And thank goodness we are getting more freestyle machines. I get annoyed at all the people who don't know how to use it, as more food vendors on the outside use them nowadays.

I wouldn't put much credit into them getting rid of the up-charge just because it's not listed on the pamphlet. SFA's pamphlet still has the up-charge prices, but their pamphlet also looks very different, suggesting it was possibly designed by a different person. Whoever made our pamphlet could have simply just left them out.

"Veggie Burgers" but on the dining plan, the only burger I saw was a black bean burger, are they counting that as a veggie burger?

There will probably be more items not on the dining plan, but that still sounds strange.

Edited by Matt Kaiser