• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

Mrpq

"Expanding" Kingda Ka

Always thought about this. What do you think/ how would you feel if they "expanded' KK? By this I mean add more of a normal coaster layout after the tower. Thought it would be a cool idea and probably a pretty intense ride depending on what they did with it. I would vote for this type of conversion

I think that would be pretty cool. My idea would be after the camel hump, have it fly over the path into some banked turns and small airtime hills in Rolling Thunder's unoccupied area.

I think it would be pretty cool, it would make it #1. Kingda Ka is in my top 3 at Great Adventure

They'd need some heavy trims like Formula Rossa to do anything safe with that speed. Other than that issue I'd be all for it.

Honestly to do anything besides the top hat they would have to install some major trims like stated above. In my opinion that would really nuder the experience of the ride, it's best to leave your audience speechless then oh that first part was really awesome but then the ride slowed down and kinda got boring...

I'd rather them just remove the 1 trick pony then spend any more $$$$ oj Ka. Save the $$$$ for a giga coaster that the park desperately needs.

I'd rather them just remove the 1 trick pony then spend any more $$$$ oj Ka. Save the $$$$ for a giga coaster that the park desperately needs.

Desperately? We have a B&M hyper, Intamin PnP nearly 200ft and a launched strata. How is a giga coaster that necessary?

Anyway, I would not want an expanded Ka layout with the current trains. Also, if it were to be expanded, I would like a layout not reliant on inversions. And as mentioned, it would need to be trimmed. A Cheetah Hunt-style layout would make the layout a lot more diverse and managable than a crazy I305 copy.

• Like 1