Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

MLB Wagers: Six Flags in New Jersey, Gurnee Make NLCS Bet

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Six-Flags-Great-America-Places-Bet-Against-Six-Flags-St-Louis-Ahead-of-Cubs-Cardinals-Series-331826031.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand

Six Flags Great America and St Louis have a bet over the Cardinals and Cubs NLDS with the changing of ride names for the rest of Fright Fest depending on which team wins. It would have been cool to see Great Adventure and Magic Mountain do the same thing with the Mets and Dodgers NLDS.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Six-Flags-Great-America-Places-Bet-Against-Six-Flags-St-Louis-Ahead-of-Cubs-Cardinals-Series-331826031.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand

Six Flags Great America and St Louis have a bet over the Cardinals and Cubs NLDS with the changing of ride names for the rest of Fright Fest depending on which team wins. It would have been cool to see Great Adventure and Magic Mountain do the same thing with the Mets and Dodgers NLDS.

So Twisted Mets and El Dodgers?

Also, SFNE, SFGAm, and SFA reverted to blue uniforms in 2014. Did SFGAdv changed their yellow uniforms back to Premier era blue uniforms?

Six Flags in New Jersey, Gurnee Make NLCS Bet

Source: 5NBC Chicago October 17, 2015

SixFlagsFlytheW.jpg

Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Illinois, has made another bet on the Cubs, this time with Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson Township, New Jersey.

If the Cubs win the NLCS against the New York Mets, the New Jersey park will rename their record-breaking Kingda Ka roller coaster to "Kingda Cubs." They will also rename the entire park to "Six Flags Great Cubs."

If the Mets win, however, the Gurnee park will rename the famed Goliath roller coaster to "GoMets" and change the name of the park to "Six Flags Great Mets."

The name changes will take effect at the conclusion of the series, but the parks will return to their usual names when Fright Fest ends.

During the NLDS, Six Flags Great America and Six Flags St. Louis also wagered a bet. When the Cubs won the series, the American Thunder roller coaster in St. Louis became the "Cubs Thunder." Six Flags St. Louis also had to send some Maull's BBQ sauce with pork steaks and some famous St. Louis toasted ravioli to Gurnee.

I'm glad to see Great Adventure is part of this now and it looks like Great America will be renaming the park with the Mets having a 2-0 series lead and that was against the Cubs' 2 best pitchers and with deGrom pitching game 3, it seems likely the Mets will have a 3-0 series lead.

Im trying not to get my hopes up too much just yet. 2 game lead is nice but it aint over till its over

LETS GO METS

Maybe it is just because I am a Mets fan but I think the mets have full control of this series. deGrom pitching tomorrow so as long as the Mets can get some runs they should be able to win. If they don't win game 4, they should take game 5 with The Dark Knight pitching.

^ As a Mets fan as well I agree with everything you said. I actually got to go to game 1 this past weekend, best game I've ever been to by far.

Six Flags Great Mets here we come!

I was at game at citifield vs the dodgers. even though they lost it was awesome. Post season game makes it feel like a whole new sport compared to going to a game in the regular season

Six Flags Theme Parks Near New York and Chicago Wager Names

and Signature Rides Over National League Championship Series

JACKSON, NJ—October 20, 2015—Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ and Six Flags Great America near Chicago are watching the National League Championship series very closely. The theme parks have wagered a bet over the New York Mets and Chicago Cubs – whoever wins the series will rename their park and signature thrill ride after their opponent.

gallery_2_35_40180.jpg

If the Cubs win the series, Six Flags Great Adventure will be renamed “Six Flags Great Cubs” and change the name of its 45-story, world-renowned roller coaster Kingda Ka to “Kingda Cubs.” If the Mets win, Six Flags Great America will become “Six Flags Great Mets” and its massive “Goliath” roller coaster will be renamed “GoMets.”

Near Chicago, Six Flags Great America is taunting the Mets with a sign outside their park that reads, “A Great Adventure: Watching the Mets lose to the Cubs.” While in New Jersey, visitors to Six Flags Fright Fest will see signs rooting for the Mets as they stroll the pumpkin and cobweb-adorned midways this weekend.

"We have never wagered a bet like this before," Six Flags Great Adventure spokesperson Kristin Siebeneicher said. "It's a friendly competition among Six Flags sister parks, but we really hate to lose. We're rooting for the Mets all the way."

Great Adventure hopes the Mets continue their winning streak, since they dominated the Cubs in the first two games of the series. The series continues today at Wrigley Field in Chicago.

Six Flags Great America won a bet with Six Flags St. Louis after the Cubs defeated the St. Louis Cardinals in four games of the National League Division Series. Last week, the Missouri theme park renamed its classic “American Thunder” wooden roller coaster "Cubs Thunder.”

Six Flags Great Adventure and Great America have pledged to retain the names throughout the remainder of the Fright Fest Halloween season which ends Nov. 1.

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

That entrance sign really stands out. It must be disappointing to Cubs fans not only to get swept in the NLCS and then have to see those signs but they can't be too disappointed considering most people didn't consider them playoff contenders this year and going from 73 wins in 2014 to 97 wins and the 3rd best regular season record in MLB in 2015 was impressive.

As a SFGAm Local, It caused Six Flags to change their Love at First Fright joke at the end (From "The Cubs are in the Playoff's" to "I have tickets to see Star Wars 7")

Oh well, Congrats on beating the Cubs