SFHH NJ Announces New Caribbean Cove Water Play Area for 2016

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Announces New Caribbean Cove Interactive Water Play Area in 2016

Jackson, NJ – November 11, 2015 – With Six Flags Great Adventure’s new Holiday in the Park event just 10 days away, the world’s largest theme park is unveiling another thrilling expansion for 2016 with the addition of Six Flags Hurricane Harbor’s Caribbean Cove, a fun and interactive water play area.

"Hurricane Harbor is already home to some of the most innovative and extreme water slides on the planet, and in 2016 we are excited to offer families a spectacular, new area featuring tons of splashy playtime activities along with refreshing relaxation for children and their parents,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Fitzgerald.

The key features of Caribbean Cove include:

· Active and colorful water play center with more than 55 interactive features

· Spray nozzles, jets, valves, water guns, action slide and a giant tipping bucket towering nearly two stories in the air

· Two-foot-deep, beach-entry pool

· Giant beach area with 300 new lounge chairs

· New shade canopy will provide additional respite from the summer sun

At Caribbean Cove, kids can play for hours, and parents can choose to join in the fun or watch while reclining nearby. The play area will be located between the Taak It Eez Ee Creek lazy river and Big Wave Racer slide complex and is slated to open summer 2016. Also coming in 2016, the highly-anticipated Total Mayhem 4-D, free-fly coaster debuting next door at Six Flags Great Adventure.

The 45-acre Hurricane Harbor water park also features a million-gallon wave pool, a half-mile lazy river, more than 25 high-speed thrill slides and another massive children’s water playground. All attractions are included with park admission, Season Pass or Membership.

For more information on Hurricane Harbor, visit www.sixflags.com/hurricaneharbornj

VIDEO (click image below):

gallery_2_35_882.jpg

PHOTOS:

gallery_2_1064_3999445.jpg

gallery_2_1064_2742626.jpg

gallery_2_1064_4027807.jpg

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

Remember i posted the execs from Texas were in HH late in the season this year looking over the area between "Big Wave Racer" and the "Take It Eazy" Creek? 2 for 2 this year. They need this alot in HH after having to close a few times this year due to hitting capacity in the Park, they never like turning away Money.

Edited by Railer

This should be a good enough addition, I guess. Certainly less than professional to add it at this point in the game, but of course it's better than nothing. I wonder if it will come with spare parts for Discovery Bay to fix the state of extreme disrepair it has been in for years.

More importantly, I'm really miffed to see HH's theming completely neglected in the naming of this new attraction. Tornado, King Cobra and Big Wave Racer were each already a stretch, but Carribean Cove just makes no sense in the larger story set up for our park.

I guess it could be worse -- SFFT's waterpark is themed to the Texas Hill Country and just added Bahama Blaster and Bamboo Chutes....

Is this essentially what Six Flags Ameirca is adding in 2016 as well? If so, its pretty sad how Great Adventure's "after the fact" bonus announcement is the same as SFA's main addition. That park needs help.

I believe it is on a smaller scale, at least with the number of "features" mentioned.

And with this, they will HAVE (hopefully) to finally connect the path to "Big Wave Racer" so you don't have to go on the "Island".

Unlikely to happen... Big Wave Racer and the new bridge were configured to draw traffic back towards the Village where all the shops and food are located in the front of the park.

This announcement surprised me by coming out of nowhere. :P

Sadly, I have no idea of where this is due to my extreme lack of familiarity with HH. :(

On the left -

gallery_2_35_547319.jpg

Certainly less than professional to add it at this point in the game, but of course it's better than nothing.

What does that mean?

• Like 1

What does that mean?

Just that it's a bit bush league to announce new attractions after the chain-wide announcement date, similar to the Looping Dragon change. But of course, I'd rather get a late-announced addition than nothing at all. And definitely glad to see them filling more space in SFHH.

Just that it's a bit bush league to announce new attractions after the chain-wide announcement date

You mean like the flat ride parts showing up at Carowinds for a ride Cedar Fair hasn't even mentioned yet even though they made their 2016 announcements? :nono:

SCREAMSCAPE: (11/10/15) Does Carowinds have another surprise in store for 2016? Based on a photo posted to Carowinds Connection about what was found sitting in a lot near Fury 325, it appears the seat/arms from a Mondial Top Scan ride have been delivered to the park. I've had the pleasure of riding a portable Modial Top Scan and it ranks near the top of the most extreme flat ride experiences I've ever had, so if this really is coming to Carowinds... this is a huge surprise indeed. Anyone know more?

• Like 3

^^Maybe it was something they were still working on and finalizing during the chain wide announcements. Parks announce new things throughout the fall and winter all the time. Cedar Point announced a slingshot in the winter before 2014. Carowinds with the Top scan, as Harry mentioned. Darien Lake is making their announcement later in the winter. Carowinds announced their simulator months after their water park expansion. Why is this any different? You guys bash Six Flags all the time, and while I give my input where I feel necessary, it's justified.

How is announcing something new after a grand announcement "Bush League"? There is no law dictating when things should be announced. Cedar Fair didn't announce anything at all for Dorney Park or Michigans Adventure. That sounds a bit more "Bush League" than adding something more than anticipated.

• Like 2

I never said other parks don't do it! Just that announcing something late, or changing the details of something that's already been announced shows a lack of proper planning -- no matter who does it.

And if you really do want to get into the comparison game, it's hard to argue that anyone other than SF is the king of poor planning in this industry. Everyone has problems, but SF leads the way by far in terms of construction delays, changing announcements, and things not working as planned (e.g., Twisted Colossus' dueling).

I agree (and said so in my first post!). I'm still excited about it, and the announcement date is a very minor thing -- especially for something that's ostensibly less about drawing new Guests and more about adding more capacity to the park. I hope to see the continued expansion of HH, whenever they announce things.

This looks like it will be a good addition for families. Most larger water parks have multiple kids areas and hearing how crowded Hurricane Harbor gets, any new attraction is a good thing.

• Like 1

I like the delay. Give me more a month from now to keep me interested. Not bush league at all. Bush league, to me, would be if SFGA announced total mayhem as the new attraction that will be exciting so they could sell lots of season passes then when it comes time to open the grans new coaster we find it is only open to the under 54" crowd and its in the seaport. Now a ton of people got season passes expecting something well above what is coming. That's not happening but that would be bush league to me.

Edited by scott

I love this addition. I said we needed a new Play Structure, or new "Island" with a "not so lazy" River for capacity. The writing was on the wall when they had to close so many times (at least 3) this year due to hitting capacity. It will give Family's a "base camp" on that side of the Park now, and that was desperately needed. And they should treat our Hurricane Harbor with something new every year since it is one of the few "seperate gate" ones in the Chain. They have announced thing's late before, or "upgraded" thing's late as well. Remember "Sky Screamer" was only going to be 150ft at first. All this actually has me thinking i wouldn't be surprised if we do end up getting the "10 element" Free-Spin. Have to keep an eye on the Part's that are arriving. With how the Park "swerved" everyone with the terror Trail name, i wouldn't put it past them but with either one we get (6 or 10) i think will have more to it than was shown in the rendering. The rendering was very basic and didn't even have a Roof on the Station. There will be a new shop, and shop/stand's in the "Lakefront" area.

Edited by Railer

I don't mind that they made it a surprise announcement. At least I did not build up and look forward to something big, when this is obviously not. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a good addition to Hurricane Harbor, but I have a feeling guests over 54 in. will not be aloud to use it, the same way as Discovery Bay.

Nice bonus addition eventho I would have no use for it. It's good that families and kids will have another area to utalize and migrate to instead of just the one location. More seating is also s good thing since on crowded days seating is hard to find.

The one and only complaint is the area, I would've hoped it would be used for another slide or slide complex but that's just my own selfishness talking. All recent additions have been normal slides so it's nice kids are finally getting a little something more.

I can't see why anyone would have a reason to complain about a nice little 'bonus' additions except for the fact they wouldn't have use for it(like myself) but that doesn't mean it's a bad one.

Who knows what else they may have up their sleeves! :)

Hey Everybody! Long time lurker, first time poster. Soon as i got the newsletter i headed straight here. My family and i are very pleased with this new addition. Certainly better late than never. We dont live that far away so are frequent visitors to both parks. At least 10 times a year for HH, more than double at GA and have done this for many years. Ive read a lot of praise and complaints about both parks, most rightfully so but complaints on HH im my oppinion are not amplified enough. For us, its no big deal if its too busy and not much fun because of the crowds. We can just come back tomorrow. However for the people that made the trek to get there and paid to get in, wow that must suck! Ive told my wife way to many times that at the very least there should be many more chairs to sit in. It sometimes ruins my mood to see the defeated look on familys that arrive at noon on a Saturday in July meandering around the wave pool looking for a place to sit. Weve all probably been there before, but sometimes its written on there forhead that they had no idea its like this. Some days we approach the most defeated looking and give up our usual 5 seats. Sometimes we arrange a time share so to speak but am often irritated with SF that it needs to come to that. I suppose on the flip side we have made many new friends doing this. With the new area and 300 more seats, perhaps even busy days will be a little more bearable. I realize this does nothing to curb long lines and deal with there understaffing but if people can at least sit and relax in the sun, crowd moral should improve a bit making the day a little more enjoyable for all. Good job SF. Keep working at it.

• Like 2

I fail to see how this announcement shows a "lack of planning." It wouldn't surprise me if they planned it for added season pass boost as they are ready to unveil HITP. To me, it is a lot more similar to the delayed Namtab announcement than it is to the El Diablo name-change.

Anyway, solid addition to HH. In the coming years they definitely need an expansion that includes a major slide complex because, like Railer said, what they have now is not substantial enough to accomodate the massive crowds the park gets.

I fail to see how this announcement shows a "lack of planning." It wouldn't surprise me if they planned it for added season pass boost as they are ready to unveil HITP. To me, it is a lot more similar to the delayed Namtab announcement than it is to the El Diablo name-change.

Anyway, solid addition to HH. In the coming years they definitely need an expansion that includes a major slide complex because, like Railer said, what they have now is not substantial enough to accomodate the massive crowds the park gets.

Besides their flashpass setup inhibiting processing those crowds though the slides. They really need to build more restrooms as two are not enough for a park of its size, especially with water.