Sign in to follow this  
GAcoaster

Day 9 - Restore the Carousel

Over the years many of the ornate details have been removed from the Carousel. These things include lighting bars, decorative animal panels, the horse tails, and even the ride's canvas roof. Most recently many of the interior walls which were adorned with colorful sculpted patterns, miniature lights, and mirrors have been replaced by plain white plywood trimmed in yellow.

The Carousel is in desperate need of some quality refurbishment to restore it to the glamorous showpiece that it once was for decades at the park.

• Like 1

I haven't ridden the carousel in at least 5 or 6 years and didn't realize how much was removed. Seeing that picture of the horses without tails is really surprising and I'd like to see the park fix that at the minimum over the off-season.

Here is a low cost enhancement that can be made to the Carousel to restore some of its former glory - paint patterns on the floor of the Carousel like the original designs featured in the 1974 photo below. It surely would help dress up the ride.

EB_28JUL1974_021%20copy.jpg

Would love to see it totally restored to 1974 level. And Im hoping all thats been removed is stored inside some where wrapped and protected..

I was very happy to see this on Saturday. It appears they are starting to restore the ornate mirrored panels around the center of the ride. Not only have the lower portions been repainted but the upper decorative panels have been reintroduced as well. Both feature new bright LED white and red lighting. Nice job! Can't wait to see the other panels given the same treatment.

BEFORE:

2016_10_22_IMG_1037%20copy.jpg

AFTER:

2016_10_22_IMG_1036%20copy.jpg

• Like 1

I thought they recently did work on this? and by recent I mean like 3 or 4 years ago or am i thinking of another parks carousel. regardless she needs work

It looks great, much brighter colors and the new decorations stand out.

Rode it this weekend and yeah, this ride deff needs a resto. I also noticed the LED lights in the one section and OH MAN are they bright! Maybe a little TOO bright