Sign in to follow this  
SatansHockey

Anyone have or use the photo pass?

Hey everyone, stumbled upon this forum after I've been looking for some reviews about the photo pass. I know the details about it but was looking to see if anyone here actually used it or thought it was worth getting? My gf and myself are gonna get gold passes and the gold dining passes but we are unsure about the photo pass. Thanks in advance!

Definitely worth getting. I got it the first time in 2015. Only problem I had was, by fright fest, the barcode wore off, and the card wouldn't work. talked to a photo supervisor, and was told I was out of luck. Had to buy the new 2016 card. very poor customer service. The cards should be replaceable.

Thanks, did you find that you ended up buying a lot of the photos? I only saw the details on the checkout process but can't find it on their site now.

Also is it just photos on the ride or do they do have photographers with the characters and spots in the park like Disney does?

How does it work exactly? Do you just scan it and pick where you were sitting yourself? Or do you need to tell the person where you were sitting and have to find it every time? Also, can you immediately look at them on your phone?

How much are they now? I only did it a few years back when they had the flash drive deal for season pass holders. It was like $xx.xx for the whole season unlimited photos. Then they changed it you had to pay per photo so I never bothered with it again.

^ I believe the per photo thing was a mistake on the website, and was never actually true.

I don't know much else about the pass, but I do know it does include on-ride photos and any other pictures taken around the park by the photographers. (Characters, etc.) Not sure about the terror trail photos, like in the queue for Big Top Terror.

It's weird that I can't find a direct link for the picture pass but when I go to check out it pops up and says

"Purchase a digital photo upload account for only $29.99 and add unlimited park photos to your account all season for only $1.99. Access them from anywhere!"

The price that shows up is $34.99 in my cart. The wording is poor on this because I believe it's unlimited but why put the $1.99 there instead of just giving the real cost? It makes it almost sound like it's $1.99 per photo after the $29.99

They should make it simple and just say for 35 bucks you get unlimited pictures for the entire season.

Edited by SatansHockey

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure of the price for the photo pass but each photo is $1.99 if you have the pass. They are good for any pictures taken in the park by the Kodak crew, I'm not sure about the terror trails since I never made it on any. My girls were afraid.

The photos are usually available online a short time after you purchase them.

You buy the photos the same as you would if you didn't have the photo pass. You have to find yourself on the rides and tell the person in the booth what photo you want to buy. We end up getting pictures any time they are taken on a ride but we pick the ones we like when the person at the entrance takes them. If they were free we would take them all.

The USB was a great deal when they had it. It was unlimited pictures for the entire season the first year they had it.

We never had an issue witht he barcode rubbing off. One time one of the photo crew told us to take a picture of the card and scan it from the phone. My wife has the photo card so when I go I use the picture she sent me. The problem is, each time I use the phone the photo person tells me they aren't supposed to use the picture form the phone but then they scan the phone and it works.

I think I got all of the questions above.

Edited by scott
  • Like 1

Thank you, I still think they should make it more clear and have a direct link with the information on their website. Seems really silly not to.

I bought it so doesn't matter at this point. I'm still very excited to take advantage of my first real season as a season pass holder.

The pass is unlimited, I emailed them this morning and they got back to me. Very excited about this! Here is the email...

The photo was has unlimited free uploads for the season. Originally there was a charge. The charge is no longer part of the program. So the 34.99 charge is the only charge for the season. So enjoy the free uploads for the season. If you have any additional questions please contact me at this email.

Rychard A. Hanshaw

Park Manager Six Flags New Jersey/Hurricane Harbor/Safari Tours / Rockefeller Tree

Digiphoto Global

Edited by SatansHockey

^ I believe the per photo thing was a mistake on the website, and was never actually true.

I don't know much else about the pass, but I do know it does include on-ride photos and any other pictures taken around the park by the photographers. (Characters, etc.) Not sure about the terror trail photos, like in the queue for Big Top Terror.

Did anyone buy the pictures for that trail? Forcing people to take pics make absolutely no sense, and it was a huge waste of paper.