• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

Gr.Adv.Debate #31: Which is a better color for the Log Flume?

Log Flume Color  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Log Flume color do you think is better?

• [img]http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/uploads/gallery/category_35/gallery_2_35_617890.jpg[/img]
    • [img]http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/uploads/gallery/category_35/gallery_2_35_543895.jpg[/img]

I like the white so much better. Its much more 'clean' and sleek looking. The red is very loud and in your face.

I like the white better as well for the same reasons. The red really stands out.

Red. Makes it seem more rustic and blends in with the rest of the theme of the area.

I voted white but I'm really on the fence. I think the red stands out more and it did blend into the theme of the area back with the Giant TP was there. The white gives it a cleaner look.

I think the red is too red and the white doesn't feel right; if the red was more wooden colored, it would look cool

^I have to agree. Although I do enjoy the red more than the white, i feel as though a more rustic look would fit the style of the log flume immensely.

I think the red fit well when the park first opened, but the white fits the area as it is today better. A rustic look would be awesome though!

^ same!!

I chose the red because like many others have said it blends well with the theme of the area. Also the white seems to be over done on log flumes so it was nice to see something different.

White. The red just doesn't match with the surroundings and it stands out too much. The white blends in perfectly.

I like the red better. The whole section looks ten times better in the top picture. It's a shame how ugly the park gets as the years go by. You would think they would do things to improve the park, instead of doing things that make it so unpleasant. The original color of the flume blended with the other colors in the area. Now they paint things colors that clash with everything around them and think they look good because they "stand out". Sticking out like a sore thumb does not make something attractive, it makes it ugly. Most rides in the park are giant metal towers, they do not need to be painted loud colors to make them stand out. They should be painted colors that blend with their surroundings.

Unfortunately the red color for the flume probably would not work well now because the other elements of the area that it blended with have been destroyed. Perhaps a hunter green to blend with the trees would be better, until they cut the trees down.

^Agreed. Red would be nice, as would a dark green. It's hard to figure out what "blends in" to the section these days since there's a wild safari next door and a superhero down the midway....