29yrswithaGApass

Counting Down to SFGA's 2016 Season Opening

Lion, Tiger and Bear Cubs’ Debut, Special Events and

Countdown to 14th Coaster Mark Six Flags Great Adventure’s

2016 Season Opening

Four Seasons of Thrills Kick Off March 23 with Opening Weekend Presented by Allegra®

JACKSON, NJ — March 14, 2016 — Six Flags Great Adventure launches four seasons of thrills March 23 with Opening Weekend Presented by Allegra® and Spring Break running through April 3 from 10:30 am to 8 pm daily. The event is marked by the debut of adorable lion, tiger and bear cubs, special events, new offerings plus a countdown to the park’s 14th and most insane coaster, The Joker, and Hurricane Harbor’s new Caribbean Cove water playground.

Lions, Tigers, Bears (Oh My!) and Events Begin March 23

Guests can see the Safari’s adorable baby cub trio – consisting of lion, tiger and bear cubs -- beginning March 23. The female lion named Zuri and tiger named Nadya were born late last year. The pair made news when the Six Flags animal care team began hand-raising them as sisters when their mothers did not adequately care for them. While the two would typically never cross paths in the wild, they have bonded and help each other gain socialization skills. The newest cub, a female European brown bear named Baily, was born January 12 and needed medical assistance. She has been thriving under veterinary team care. The cub trio will spend most of the season at Camp Aventura, and will be introduced to their respective species at the Safari later this season.

Easter Weekend presented by PEEPS® provides a “sweet” start to the 2016 season. On Saturday, March 26, Six Flags will host a special Easter Celebration giving guests the chance to search for eggs filled with PEEPS®. The morning event will also include onsite entertainment, games and giveaways. The first 100 guests (toddlers to age 12) to arrive by 9 am will receive a PEEPS® Egg Hunt Participant Wristband and up to three spectator wristbands for friends and family members to join in the celebration. All participants and spectators must have valid park admission to receive a wristband. The event will take place at 9:45 am, prior to park opening.

Two new shows will make their debut this spring. Versatile entertainers Cliff Woerner and Nick Spinelli will blur the line between the possible and impossible as they showcase a blend of comedy, wondrous illusions and audience participation in This Magic Moment, beginning March 23 in Adventure Theater. In SeaFari Theater, fun and friendly animal competition featuring sea lions, pigs, otters, birds and goats will take center stage in the new Wildlife Games, set to debut later this spring.

The theme park will also introduce new dining venues this spring including the Go Fresh Café with healthy food options near Nitro, Sky Bar featuring wine, beer, soda and a variety of snacks adjacent to the 24-story SkyScreamer, and Villains Café featuring turkey legs, snacks and drinks in the Lakefront. For Season Pass holders, the best dining value continues to be the All-Season Dining Pass which allows guests to pay once and eat all year and includes the new dining venues.

Educational programs will also welcome students back to Six Flags this spring. Boy Scout Camporee, Girl Scout Day, Biology Day, Physics Day and Safari Off Road Education turn the park into an outdoor classroom where kids can experience fun and learning.

THE JOKER Will Wreak Total Mayhem Along the Lakefront

Six Flags Great Adventure prepares for its most insane roller coaster experience in history with The Joker. After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, this 4-D, free-fly coaster will wreak havoc as riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane, along with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience all of this chaos with no track above or below just the sky, ground and adjacent Great Lake churning around them.

The unique design of The Joker features:

· Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design

· One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track

· 4-D wing vehicles that seat up to 8 per vehicle with a total of 5 vehicles

· Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head over heels

· A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift

· Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling

The park’s 14th and most unique scream machine in its history, The Joker is expected to wreak total mayhem beginning Memorial Day weekend, and join the ranks of all legendary roller coasters at Six Flags Great Adventure.

New Caribbean Cove Splashes into Hurricane Harbor

Beginning May 21, Guests can cool down as the weather heats up at Hurricane Harbor. In June, the all-new water play area, Caribbean Cove, will add more family fun to the 45-acre water park.

Caribbean Cove cool facts:

· Active and colorful water play center with more than 55 interactive features

· Spray nozzles, jets, valves, water guns, action slide and a giant tipping bucket towering nearly two stories in the air

· Two-foot-deep, beach-entry pool

· Giant beach area with 300 new lounge chairs

· New shade canopy will provide additional respite from the summer sun

Caribbean Cove will be situated between the between the Taak It Eez Ee Creek lazy river and Big Wave Racer slide complex and is slated to open June 2016.

Tickets, operating hours, park information and special events can be found at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

So many things!

On the tour, they said they would tell us a few things they haven't announced yet. One of them was supposed to be Harley Quinn, but that was spoiled by the map.

They did tell us about the new Bear cub and those 2 new shows!

I don't think anyone else in the Q&A caught it, but they also hinted at another new announcement coming in a week or so.

So many things!

On the tour, they said they would tell us a few things they haven't announced yet. One of them was supposed to be Harley Quinn, but that was spoiled by the map.

They did tell us about the new Bear cub and those 2 new shows!

I don't think anyone else in the Q&A caught it, but they also hinted at another new announcement coming in a week or so.

Did anyone ask about Chop Six?

^Panda Express will remain for 2016 with Chop Six coming in 2017.

Who said Chop Six is coming in 2017? As far as I know, we don't have any confirmed plans for it.

Who said Chop Six is coming in 2017? As far as I know, we don't have any confirmed plans for it.

I may have misheard. What I heard is that Panda Express is still in for this season, with Chop Six likely for 2017 but it's individual contracts with each park, not SF as a whole. So we'll see... but you're right it's not confirmed. My mistake.

How did they hint it? What did they say?

How did they hint it? What did they say?

Basically mentioned something(nothing too important from what i remember) and basically just said eh wait about a week to hear about it or something like that.

Basically mentioned something(nothing too important from what i remember) and basically just said eh wait about a week to hear about it or something like that.

If it's about food, it's very important :Popsicle:

It's not about food, but it will pave the way for something everyone has been wanting.

This post is contradicting. #ChopSix ( :lol:)

Edited by YoungPup

It's not about food, but it will pave the way for something everyone has been wanting.

Parking lot refurbishment? "Pave the way" :P

• Like 1

Parking lot refurbishment? "Pave the way" :P

I think they mean we'll find that out at opening day because we'll first notice the parking lot, not probably not an announcement but a noticement

It may be slushy and salty for opening day. Right now they are predicting 5 to 8 inches of snow this Sunday, and it will stay cold until Wednesday, not everyone is predicting a warmup by Wednesday either. Opening day's high could be as warm as 65 or only 46 according to various forecasters. It may rain on opening day too.

It may be slushy and salty for opening day. Right now they are predicting 5 to 8 inches of snow this Sunday, and it will stay cold until Wednesday, not everyone is predicting a warmup by Wednesday either. Opening day's high could be as warm as 65 or only 46 according to various forecasters. It may rain on opening day too.

Ugh, Way to be a Debbie Downer.

Kidding. I am hoping for the best.

Me too. Good news is most forecasters are predicting mid 60s for Wednesday and low 70s for Thursday. More concerned about the various DOTs, dumping a billion tons of salt on the roads just as the last batch was being washed away.

Every year that I visit the park for the first time of the season I always reflect on my first time ever going. Soon as my mom took us around the corner off main st and seeing the big wheel but hearing and seeing the enterprise spinning was a memory I will never forget. Still to this day I always hope to be surprised to see the enterprise back. Will always remain on my top 10 ever list.

I would like to see the Enterprise return. They had a chance to get one back when SFOG's was removed a few years ago but it was sold to Fun Spot Orlando instead.

Six Flags Great Adventure to Open Wednesday,

Track Work Complete on THE JOKER 4D Coaster

WHAT:

Six Flags Great Adventure launches four seasons of thrills March 23 with Opening Weekend Presented by Allegra® and Spring Break running through April 3 from 10:30 am to 8 pm daily. The event is marked by the debut of adorable lion, tiger and bear cubs, special events, new offerings plus a countdown to the park’s 14th and most insane coaster, The Joker.

On Friday, the final track piece of The Joker, a new 4D, free-fly coaster, was placed by iron workers from Shamrock Construction. This “topping off” 120 feet in the sky marked the completion of track construction on the park’s 14th scream machine. The most insane coaster in the park’s history is expected to open Memorial Day weekend.

WHEN:

Park opens Wednesday, March 23 for Spring Break running through April 3 from 10:30 am to 8 pm daily.

WHERE:

Six Flags Great Adventure, 1 Six Flags Blvd., Jackson, NJ 08527

DETAILS:

Guests can see the Safari’s adorable baby cub trio – consisting of lion Zuri, tiger Nadya and bear cub Bailey -- beginning March 23. The three female cubs are being raised by the Safari’s animal care team. The cubs will be available March 23 and 24 near the theme park’s SeaFari Theater, and at Safari’s Camp Aventura beginning March 25.

Easter Weekend presented by PEEPS® provides a “sweet” start to the 2016 season. On Saturday, March 26, Six Flags will host a special Easter Celebration giving guests the chance to search for eggs filled with PEEPS®. The morning event will also include onsite entertainment, games and giveaways. The first 100 guests (toddlers to age 12) to arrive by 9 am will receive a PEEPS® Egg Hunt Participant Wristband and up to three spectator wristbands for friends and family members to join in the celebration. All participants and spectators must have valid park admission to receive a wristband. The event will take place at 9:45 am, prior to park opening.

Two new shows will make their debut this spring:

· This Magic Moment showcases a blend of comedy, wondrous illusions and audience participation

· Wildlife Games is a fun and friendly animal competition featuring sea lions, pigs, otters, birds and goats

The theme park will also introduce new dining venues this spring:

· Go Fresh Café with healthy food options near Nitro

· Sky Bar featuring wine, beer, soda and a variety of snacks adjacent to the 24-story SkyScreamer

· Villains Café featuring turkey legs, snacks and drinks in the Lakefront

Educational programs will also welcome students back to Six Flags this spring. Boy Scout Camporee, Girl Scout Day, Biology Day, Physics Day and Safari Off Road Education turn the park into an outdoor classroom where kids can experience fun and learning.

Chaos Closes In as THE JOKER Construction Hits Milestone

Six Flags Great Adventure prepares for its most insane roller coaster experience in history with The Joker. After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, this 4-D, free-fly coaster will wreak havoc as riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane, along with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience all of this chaos with no track above or below just the sky, ground and adjacent Great Lake churning around them.

Following Friday’s topping off, the construction, maintenance and engineering teams will focus on:

· Installing the elevator style, chain link lift mechanism that will hoist riders to the top

· Adding the five 4D, wing vehicles that feature one-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology to deliver smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips and the feeling of weightlessness

· Installing the ride controls

· Extensive ride testing

· Inspections and NJ state certification

All phases will be completed before the first passengers board the ride later this spring.

Tickets, operating hours, park information and special events can be found at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure - March 21, 2016

How long do you think it will take to get the season passes processed on Sunday morning? Since it's Easter I'm curious to as how crowded it's actually going to be. I went to Hershey park on easter Sunday before and it wasn't bad at all.