2016 - The 25th season of Fright Fest at Six Flags Great Adventure

The regular line for Voodoo island was shorter than the express line (I was the only person in the regular line, and there were about 8 people in the express). Waited about 3 minutes in the regular line for Cell Block 6.

Did you go last night? Around 930 the cell block 6 regular line was filled through all the switchbacks. Around 10 the Manor and darkness both had decent regular lines. Big top terror even had several switchbacks full. Voodoo and wasteland didn't have much of a line in either line. Bloodshed had a decent sized regular line that I couldn't tell how far back it went cause it was dark and foggy.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fiesta Texas is in direct competition with SeaWorld San Antonio's Howl-O-Scream which is free with admission. While GA is in competition with Dorney and Dorney gives it away for free, it hasn't hurt G

Typical - guests complain they want something edgier and when they get it they complain it isn't PC or not watered down. They gave enough warning both in print on the entertainment schedule and at/wi

They made an additional $30 off everyone that went through the mazes than Dorney did, so I don't think they're sweating it too much. If they want to charge for mazes that's their choice, you don't hav

Did you go last night? Around 930 the cell block 6 regular line was filled through all the switchbacks. Around 10 the Manor and darkness both had decent regular lines. Big top terror even had several switchbacks full. Voodoo and wasteland didn't have much of a line in either line. Bloodshed had a decent sized regular line that I couldn't tell how far back it went cause it was dark and foggy.

Yep, last night. Also went on The Manor and waited probably about a minute. I went on Cell Block 6 close to closing, but Voodoo island was probably about 9:30-10:00, and The Manor was also around that time.

Edited by YoungPup

SFGAdv really needs to invest $$$$ into FF and make the trails in permanent bldgs like dorney and cedar point do. After going to both parks this fall. SFGAdv trails really stink and it's a joke the park charges fir what they do. They should be ashamed at charging for what they put on. Hopefully this new president changes stuff for 2017.

• Like 1

SFGAdv really needs to invest $$$$ into FF and make the trails in permanent bldgs like dorney and cedar point do. After going to both parks this fall. SFGAdv trails really stink and it's a joke the park charges fir what they do. They should be ashamed at charging for what they put on. Hopefully this new president changes stuff for 2017.

None of the outdoor ones are very bad, but The Manor is very short and the sections and very random, there's also no roof, which takes away any immersion. Total Darkness isn't that scary, it's just kind of annoying because it's so dark and the flashlight randomly turns on and off, it should fade on and off, or just flash every 3 seconds or something. Forgotten Carnival is pretty good though, the actors just need to improve their acting/scare tactics.

The biggest problem is large groups. If I'm put in a large group, I'm not going to be scared. Cell Block 6 does this the best, with separating the groups, but it seems like a lot of people walk too slow, so you also end up being with the group ahead of you.

Edited by YoungPup

You better get out more. The themeing on SFGAdv trails are terrible. Definitely not worth what we paid. Dorney and cedar point are free and they are awesome.

None of the outdoor ones are very bad, but The Manor is very short and the sections and very random, there's also no roof, which takes away any immersion. Total Darkness isn't that scary, it's just kind of annoying because it's so dark and the flashlight randomly turns on and off, it should fade on and off, or just flash every 3 seconds or something. Forgotten Carnival is pretty good though, the actors just need to improve their acting/scare tactics.

The biggest problem is large groups. If I'm put in a large group, I'm not going to be scared. Cell Block 6 does this the best, with separating the groups, but it seems like a lot of people walk too slow, so you also end up being with the group ahead of you.

• Like 1

They made an additional $30 off everyone that went through the mazes than Dorney did, so I don't think they're sweating it too much. If they want to charge for mazes that's their choice, you don't have to pay if you don't want to. I say it's a win for the park that they can still get enough people to pay.

• Like 2

They made an additional $30 off everyone that went through the mazes than Dorney did, so I don't think they're sweating it too much. If they want to charge for mazes that's their choice, you don't have to pay if you don't want to. I say it's a win for the park that they can still get enough people to pay.

The issue is they are charging for an inferior quality product and rely on customers just not knowing better. While Dorney includes a superior quality product.

This (below) is exactly correct. I've been saying this for years: It would be insane not to charge - they have a simple supply vs demand scenario on their hands. The lines are super long, which means there is high demand. The "supply" is the rate at which they can send people through the maze, which really cannot be increased without adding more mazes. When there's high demand, you increase prices. They've been slowly increasing prices each year, and I think they are finally at the sweet spot that keeps people willing to purchase trail tickets, yet keeps the lines manageable.

The quality of their trails is obviously poor to us, but it clearly doesn't make a big difference to them. My only concern is that it may hurt them in the long run if the general public starts to realize this and it builds a negative reputation for them (Like what The Master said). Sadly, that's probably not going to happen, and they'll continue doing what they're doing because they can continue to make huge profits off very little investment.

It's better for us if they charge these large amounts. If they didn't, we'd all be waiting in lines 2 or 3 times longer than what they already are

You better get out more. The themeing on SFGAdv trails are terrible. Definitely not worth what we paid. Dorney and cedar point are free and they are awesome.

I've been to Creamy Acres and Terror Behind the Walls (TBTW wasn't the best), I know what a good haunt is, I'm just saying that Great Adventure's aren't THAT bad, they're just not great. I predict that next year, if the free haunts at Texas works out, Great Adventure will try making them free.

Fiesta Texas is in direct competition with SeaWorld San Antonio's Howl-O-Scream which is free with admission. While GA is in competition with Dorney and Dorney gives it away for free, it hasn't hurt Great Adventure's business. If that changes, then Great Adventure will change. Until then if they can get away with the level of work they put into the haunt attractions and charge what they do for them they will. As long as they keep drawing capacity crowds nothing will change.

• Like 3

Even with Dorney's Haunt in its 9th season (not counting Halloweekends before that where there were 2 mazes and 1 scare zone), I agree that it doesn't seem like it has hurt Great Adventure. Dorney doesn't even have Haunt on Sunday's anymore except for Columbus Day weekend because attendance was so low and even on a Saturday night, the crowds are a fraction compared to Great Adventure for both the rides and Haunt attractions. I kept expecting eventually the crowds would start to show up at Dorney after so many years of Haunt but that doesn't seem to be happening.

I always make it out to Dorney's haunt because the quality and atmosphere is so much better. Their main problem is location, it just can't draw the same crowds as GA. Fright Fest's biggest problem is that skates by on brand recognition, they don't need to go all out to make money, they just need to make it "good enough" and the crowds will continue to come in droves.

good enough. it stinks. they should be embarrassed what they are charging for

I always make it out to Dorney's haunt because the quality and atmosphere is so much better. Their main problem is location, it just can't draw the same crowds as GA. Fright Fest's biggest problem is that skates by on brand recognition, they don't need to go all out to make money, they just need to make it "good enough" and the crowds will continue to come in droves.

On my second visit to FF, I noticed a problem with having DMP, in the stadium. They don't close the gates during the show so there is a constant flow of people coming in blocking your view. Also there were quite a few people leaving the show blocking your view too. They also had the speakers pretty loud which maybe why some were leaving.

On my second visit to FF, I noticed a problem with having DMP, in the stadium. They don't close the gates during the show so there is a constant flow of people coming in blocking your view. Also there were quite a few people leaving the show blocking your view too. They also had the speakers pretty loud which maybe why some were leaving.

That stinks

Put it on the survey you get in email or use the contact form on the SixFlags website to file a complaint.