• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

MitchCaltabiano

Should Skull Mountain recieve new props/effects for its 20th Anniversary?

Thought I should bring up how this season will be Skull Mountain's 20th season in operation! People have been wondering about the park adding some more effects or props to the ride to celebrate 20 years of one of the best family rides (and one heck of a ride in the back). What are your thoughts on if the park should do something like this to celebrate Skull Mountain's 20th birthday?

I saw over on theme park reviews forums that a bunch of posters said there should be a 20 ride marathon in celebration, I would be down for something like that.

The last row is so much fun.

Should it? Probably.

Will it? Definitely not.

• Like 1

I'd be happy with the building being completely dark inside except for the effects/props and the return of the glowing track at the bottom of the first drop.

I'd be happy with the building being completely dark inside except for the effects/props and the return of the glowing track at the bottom of the first drop.

Yea, they really need to seal up the windows.

• Like 1

I don't remember the glowing track. glowing track would also mean it would need to be cleaned which we know would not happen

Maybe it was just black light shining on the small section that was painted. It was at the bottom of the first drop and was working up until the end of last season.

^It is replaced with an orange light I believe.

It would be cool if they had the windows on the lift part open for a couple seconds and close really fast so that it suddenly gets pitch black. At that moment some sort of prop/glow lights could turn on.

Skull Mt used to have some scary face projections, maybe bring those back.

They should add a skull that the car goes through (it would go through the mouth), either when the car first leaves the station, or when it starts going up the the 2nd hill. They could also add a projection, so when you're going up that 2nd hill, you're watching the projection and the drop is a bit unexpected, kind of like how Universal has the dinosaur on the Jurassic park ride.

• Like 1

While I agree with the idea of upgrading/enhancing any ride, I doubt they would spend any money on it unless it somehow makes them money.

• Like 2

While I agree with the idea of upgrading/enhancing any ride, I doubt they would spend any money on it unless it somehow makes them money.

They could say it's redesigned. That could get them extra business.

But that's the problem is it wouldn't make anymore guests come to the park or spend their money. No return on investment, most likely never will happen.

But that's the problem is it wouldn't make anymore guests come to the park or spend their money. No return on investment, most likely never will happen.

What do you mean? I just said if they said it was redesigned, it could get them extra business.

Knowing how their marketing team works if they ever added new effects they would market it as a "new ride".

It wouldn't be that much money to add some lights or props. They spend plenty of money fixing up the park with paint and landscaping. That doesn't make the park any money, but its what you have to do. And that should go the same with giving these rides some TLC once in a while and keeping them up to date.

It was closed when I went to the park on Wednesday as well...

I have a feeling they might be working on adding the dreadful VR to Skull. Harry hinted as much in another thread recently.