Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

SFGA to Host Third-Annual Fast Tracks and Food Trucks Festival Apr 23&24, 2016

Six Flags Great Adventure to Host Third-Annual Fast Tracks and Food Trucks Festival This Weekend

What:

At Six Flags Great Adventure’s third-annual Fast Tracks and Food Trucks Festival, guests can enjoy a variety of cuisines ranging from tacos to tapas and schnitzel to sliders, plus sweets including gourmet waffles and crepes. More than 20 trucks will be available from 12 to 7 p.m., and four award-winning New Jersey wineries will also be on hand from 1 to 6 p.m. for sampling and wine purchases.

gallery_2_35_9113.jpg

Where:

Six Flags Great Adventure, 1 Six Flags Blvd., Jackson, NJ 08527

Movietown Section

Enter via main park entrance on Rt. 537 West

When:

Saturday and Sunday, April 23 and 24 from 12 to 7 p.m.

Wine sampling runs from 1 to 6 p.m.

Participating Food Trucks:

1 Potato Two - Food taken to a whole other level in each bite

The Angry Crab – Crab cakes with a kick

Bonjour Creperie - Sweet & savory gluten-free, French crepes

Bro-Ritos – Homemade burritos

Carolina Blue - Peachwood smoked 'que

Cheezen - The grilled cheese that makes you smile

Chimney Cake Factory - Heavenly flavors of Transylvania

Empanada Guy - Gourmet Latin pastries and tapas

Flying Deutschman - Authentic German schnitzel and sausages

Gyros to Go - Greek fusion food with a great vegetarian selection

The Happy Pita – Fresh, local and tasty pitas

Johnny's Pork Roll - Pork roll sandwiches

Maddalena's Cheesecake - Gourmet chocolate-covered cheesecake on a stick

Mama's Meatballs - Meatballs

Mexi Flip Taco Truck – “So Clean, So Fresh, So Good” Tacos

Mobile Mardi Gras - A true party in your mouth

My Four Suns - Serving traditional Korean fare with other cultural influences

Nooch's Mac Truck – Mac & cheese just like mom used to make, only better

Oink N' Moo BBQ - BBQ smoked low and slow

So Jersey Mobile Cafe - Local, home-grown Jersey goodness

Star of the Sea Seafood - Homemade gourmet seafood

Waffle de Lys - Authentic Belgian waffles with a French touch

Wineries:

Plagido’s Winery

DiMatteo Winery

Wagonhouse Winery

Salem Oak Vineyards

Tickets:

Admission to the festival is included with theme park admission, Season Pass or active Membership. Tickets can be purchased online using the promo code TRUCK. Food and wine sampling require an additional fee.

Wine Tasting Online: $12.99

Wine Tasting at the Event: $15.99

Info:

For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure or call 732-928-2000.

gallery_2_35_1238691.jpg

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

Its been in the mid-high 70's all week Satan, how can you say it was cold? it will be colder this weekend than it was during the week tho

I hope I can make it. I haven't been to the previous ones so it seems pretty cool to check out. Do you just enter it through the parking lot? It says with valid admission but it looks like its in the parking lot so how does that work?

I hope I can make it. I haven't been to the previous ones so it seems pretty cool to check out. Do you just enter it through the parking lot? It says with valid admission but it looks like its in the parking lot so how does that work?

It is but you enter from inside the park. We went one time, the food from the trucks I sampled was really good.

Edited by scott

It says "food and wine sampling costs an additional fee" but only lists the price of the wine tasting. If you just want food I guess you pay at each truck separately?

You enter from inside the park. I believe last year they had people entering from a gate near GL or Ka.

It says "food and wine sampling costs an additional fee" but only lists the price of the wine tasting. If you just want food I guess you pay at each truck separately?

Correct. Wine is the fee listed, Food is just the cost of the food item at the trucks.

Anyone go today?

Not me, but I am going tomorrow. Hopefully crowds are low; I know it'll be crowded Monday and Tuesday with NCSY visiting, but I have school both days though.

Not me, but I am going tomorrow. Hopefully crowds are low; I know it'll be crowded Monday and Tuesday with NCSY visiting, but I have school both days though.

I'm aiming for tomorrow too, finally feeling a bit better and was looking forward to trying some of the food out

I'm aiming for tomorrow too, finally feeling a bit better and was looking forward to trying some of the food out

I'm not trying the food though, but, I will try Kingda Ka in the front row for the first time. I don't care how long the wait it is, I'm doing it!

Edited by Viper26

^ Enjoy it! Ka front row is really awesome!

I'm also gonna be in the park for a bit tomorrow, I'm going to go on a few rides and then try out some of the food. Since I'm busy most of May it's my last chance to go until Memorial Day weekend.

I'm not trying the food though, but, I will try Kingda Ka in the front row for the first time. I don't care how long the wait it is, I'm doing it!

If you get there when it opens the line shouldn't be that bad. I think I only waited 4 or 5 trains, totally worth the wait though! It's an incredible feeling in the front row with all the air being blown directly in your face.

Trying to make a stop at the trucks After work tomorrow. Anyone know if they accept cards(or did last year)?? I know the waffle truck did during holiday but what about others?

Trying to make a stop at the trucks After work tomorrow. Anyone know if they accept cards(or did last year)?? I know the waffle truck did during holiday but what about others?

I think it differs by truck, with a good handful only accepting cash.

I went yesterday and was compelled to try a few of the trucks. The cheesecake on a sticks are amazing. As well as the Mac and Cheese from the blue truck. (I think it was called Baby Bell or something)