29yrswithaGApass

Koala Canyon Spotlight

It looks like it was a great area for kids. I never even knew the area existed until reading about it on this site since I never went into the Adventure Rivers section of the park. Sesame Place used to have a giant area of those same type of punching bags and I remember it being fun to run through them.

I get nothing but a blank page when I click on the link above for the full spotlight.

I get nothing but a blank page when I click on the link above for the full spotlight.

He might be mobile. I just had the same issue.

Had to open it via full site mode.

Saw the Crocodile from this during the Nitro ROTB tour.  I also answered the trivia question about it.  Very interesting to see it after so many years.

Edited by Mr.Six
  • Like 1

This article from October 1991 confirms that Koala Canyon was suppose to be expanded after the first season.  The photos below support those plans.  Too bad it never materialized.

large.1991_10_09_APP_1992Additions.jpg.f

1991 Before expansion plans:

19910197%20copy.jpg

1992 Expansion begins?

19920054%20copy.jpg

1993 Plans aborted.

19930568%20copy.jpg

Does anything on the footprint of Koala Canyon actually remain to this day? (i.e. water pumps, concrete, etc.) Or is there no trace of it?

It’s been completely removed. The only thing that really marks the area is a big circular plot of sand.   If you go to the men’s room in Looney Tunes Seaport you can see the area over the fence near the restroom entrance. 

10 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

It’s been completely removed. The only thing that really marks the area is a big circular plot of sand.   If you go to the men’s room in Looney Tunes Seaport you can see the area over the fence near the restroom entrance. 

looking at this area on google map, its look like a great place to put in a water dark ride theme to the looney tunes

they could go something like the former looney tunes river ride at warner bros movie world